Forum Index

Full Version: upholstery - Peroxcellent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Used peroxcellent to clean a microfiber couch last night. 2 thumbs up.
up what?
That's nice to know that it works on microfiber material.
I'd use caution using any peroxide based chem on furniture.

I agree with Jimmy, test it in an inconspicuous area and let it dry before cleaning an entire piece. It has the potential to brighten dull oxidized fabrics, however not all fabrics are are suited for peroxide.
Safe is not only better, but can be cheaper on the pocketbook and ego.
I use Quantum Green on upholstery and like the results. I can see how Perox would do a good job due to the fact that most upholstery stains are food based.
What the heck DOESN'T clean microfiber?

I remember back in the 90's everyone on the boards was talking about how hard it was to clean olefin too.
All upholstery should be pretested.

It has always amazed me at the amount of fear there is about cleaning upholstery... I have cleaned thousands of pieces of upholstery, including many Jaquards, Haiitian Cottons, and other potential bleeders with only one one single problem. I caused a Jaquard chair to bleed one time because after cleaning I treated it with a water based protector and it took too long to dry. That was in my first year of cleaning and I learned from it.

The key to cleaning upholstery without fear, is to simply keep the pH low or neutral and to dry it very fast after cleaning. Long dry times and high pH chems are to be avoided... Keep the drying time short and pH low and bring on all of the ones that everyone else is skerred of, but do charge for it and enjoy that extra money!
(10-30-2010, 05:28 PM)Steve Smith Wrote: [ -> ]All upholstery should be pretested.

It has always amazed me at the amount of fear there is about cleaning upholstery... I have cleaned thousands of pieces of upholstery, including many Jaquards, Haiitian Cottons, and other potential bleeders with only one one single problem. I caused a Jaquard chair to bleed one time because after cleaning I treated it with a water based protector and it took too long to dry. That was in my first year of cleaning and I learned from it.

The key to cleaning upholstery without fear, is to simply keep the pH low or neutral and to dry it very fast after cleaning. Long dry times and high pH chems are to be avoided... Keep the drying time short and pH low and bring on all of the ones that everyone else is skerred of, but do charge for it and enjoy that extra money!

Steve,
Would you mind sharing what chems you would recommend for upholstery and the method and/or machine you would use?
I am just getting rolling in the cc business, and have had many people already asking me to do upholstery and I have yet to take them up on it for fear of messing up a piece of their furniture.

Thanks,
Lance

Give me a call during business hours next week sometime Lance... Toll Free: 877 333 9964.
Between my Drimaster for HWE and 8 inch tuway pad and a good encap product I have been lucky enough to have no problems yet with upholstery.