Forum Index

Full Version: 27 percent equals what volume?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got this 27 percent hydrogen peroxide for 8 dollars. Anyone know the conversion for percent to volume? Op
Multiply it by 3.3. if you use it you should dilute it 50/50 with distilled water and make sure you use gloves and safety goggles when mixing or using it. A little bit in the eye will blind you.
Thanks saabtrash. So I hit got 89.1 volume. Wow. Why distilled water? Thank u
Distilled water has the impurities removed.
(04-15-2015, 03:53 PM)saabtrash Wrote: [ -> ]Distilled water has the impurities removed.
Ok. Thank u. So 89.1 cut 50 percent by distilled water equals 45 volume? Can't be that easy! Or is it?

Ty
It Is. Derek is the smart one who taught me this.
(04-15-2015, 07:56 AM)Bone Dry Carpet Wrote: [ -> ]Got this 27 percent hydrogen peroxide for 8 dollars. Anyone know the conversion for percent to volume? Op

I don't know where you purchase this 27 percent hydrogen peroxide from,... but there is no way I would use it. No Way

You may not know how fresh the product is. 27 percent peroxide would be a very dangerous chemical to handle.

Steve adds an ingredient to Detonator that helps stabilize it, so I if you only order 3 to 6 months products, keep it in a cool place, you know exactly the strength you are dealing with.

Detonator costs $21.54 per gallon, so the cost of adding 5 ounces to a gallon of prespray is 85 cents !!!!

Why would you consider personal injury or damaging some ones carpet to save just a couple of bucks per job ?

My advice would be to dump that 27 percent stuff down the toilet!!!
The more I think about it the more worried I get about 27 percent hydrogen peroxide.

Wear gloves and protective gear, especially eye protection, and carefully pour that stuff down the drain...being very careful not to splash.

I am no chemical expert so maybe I am over reacting, but that stuff sounds very dangerous to me.... even Detonator is dangerous when mixing.
(04-15-2015, 07:08 PM)Paul Demers Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2015, 07:56 AM)Bone Dry Carpet Wrote: [ -> ]Got this 27 percent hydrogen peroxide for 8 dollars. Anyone know the conversion for percent to volume? Op

I don't know where you purchase this 27 percent hydrogen peroxide from,... but there is no way I would use it. No Way

You may not know how fresh the product is. 27 percent peroxide would be a very dangerous chemical to handle.

Steve adds an ingredient to Detonator that helps stabilize it, so I if you only order 3 to 6 months products, keep it in a cool place, you know exactly the strength you are dealing with.

Detonator costs $21.54 per gallon, so the cost of adding 5 ounces to a gallon of prespray is 85 cents !!!!

Why would you consider personal injury or damaging some ones carpet to save just a couple of bucks per job ?

My advice would be to dump that 27 percent stuff down the toilet!!!
27% is usually liquid shock purchased at a pool supply store Paul. It does have stabilizers in it but you are correct about it being dangerous. As I mentioned above just a little splash in the eye can cause blindness and if you use too much in the wrong situation you can bleach out the carpet.

There was a big discussion about this on another board a few years ago. Using Detonator is definitely the safer way to go.
What is the percent of peroxide in Detonator?
(04-15-2015, 08:39 PM)timhall Wrote: [ -> ]What is the percent of peroxide in Detonator?

The exact percentage is proprietary information, but it is less then 20% and more than 15.

Any peroxide based products with 20% or more is required by law to be shipped as hazardous and of course there are expensive hazardous shipping charges that go along with that. Also the shipping of any peroxide based product product with 8% or more can't be shipped via Air Transportation on any leg of its journey.
I have to step in here and say I use the pool supply store H2o2. I dilute it in half with regular tap water. Everyone has their opinions but diluted the cost is $8.00 a gallon. I'm careful with it and I've had no problems with it.

All my other chemicals I use I buy from Vacaway.
3 months and going great. I get it for 8 dollars a gallon and dilute it so it ends up being 4 dollars a gallon. I too buy everything else from Steve... U should see my bill every month on my cc statement! I do love his stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I use the pool supply stuff as well, but I don't dilute it. I simply add it straight, but no more than 3 ozs. per gallon. Works great. I will dilute it 50/50 in a spray bottle to hit urine stains though.
somehow i missed this thread.

over 95%+ of all my cleaning solutions come from vacaway as well.

no more questions, it is all easily figured out here: http://www.hydrogen2o2.com/hydrogen-pero...calculator

yes to distilled water...without it well.....
I too wouldnt handle the pool stuff, detonator hurts plenty already. Nor would I risk it with employees and workmans comp. IMO

Con
google is your friend when you want to find out the strengths of H2O2 works out to in volume....or how many oz in a gallon....or how many liters in a gallon...or how many kilometers are in a mile..or.....or ..or. 

Don't waste your time waiting for an answer for a question like THAT here!  Big Grin

I'm still using my 27.5% pool supply H2O2 (Volume 100) diluted down in half with tap water.  I guess it makes  sense to use distilled water but I don't. I am VERY careful when diluting it  (I do that at home -NOT when I'm in a hurry at the jobsite. I only care the diluted on the van and I am VERY careful even with the diluted as it will burn a bit too if it gets on the skin.  I usually put at least 5 oz per gallon in every cleaning solution mixup. I am a one man band owner/operator so if I had employees handling the stuff I'd have tighter procedures on how to handle it.

I've really never done a side by side test using the H2O2 on half of a carpet versus none on the other side.....so I go on what everyone says here and just hope that it makes a difference it the cleaning.
Are you guys carrying a stand alone MSDS for your peroxide? If not, you probably should. I'd also sure make that your insurance covers any possible issues associated with a homemade chemical mix. 

Please keep in mind that I'm not saying this to scare anyone or anything of that nature. This has been going on for a long time and is nothing new. My only concern is that I've had a few 'bites' from Peroxcellent and Detonator. Enough so that, despite the savings, I never went the 'DIY' route.
I was told that carpet cleaners are suppose to have MSDS documentation on all products and must be on display just like any other business. Large fines can be imposed if we do not follow regulations pertaining to MSDS.

This info came from a good source but I have not followed up on it and can not say for sure what the facts are on this subject.
Pages: 1 2