Forum Index

Full Version: help me fully understand this encap process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently encaping is only suppose to be a maintenance type cleaning and should still be cleaned using HWE method after 2 to 4 times of encaping it. This I assume is because almost everyone says that encapng is not a real deep down clean as HWE is and your not really pulling anything out of the carpet, so correct me if i'm wrong or if you disagree, the encap process is 1. you put down whatever encap chem your using ( this is down in the same manner you would put down normal pre spary as if you were going to HWE) 2. you then use some sort of powered/mechanical agitation like a cimex, or 175 or whatever you use, (this works the encap chem into the carpet the same as it would work a normal pre spray into the carpet for HWE) So at this point encap or HWE the process is the same except of course the chems. Now this is where the big difference comes in, if your using HWE method you would then use your extractor to rinse and extract the prespray and all the dirt along with it. Whereas with encap your done after your agatation ( leaving everything still in the carpet ) But wait there's more, isn't the encap chem suppose to, when it dries to tiny crystals entrap all the dirt and stuff so that when you vacum you are in reality taking the dirt out of the carpet, your just doing it when its dry as opposed to when its wet. And the better the dry vac you have obviousley the more you'll get out, much the same for HWE, the better the suction of your HWE machine the more you'll get out. Now far as i know most guys use the encap for commercial only (not that you couldn't do it in residential, depending on the type of carpet cust has) but encap is mostly used for commercial. Way less chance of wick back or stains coming back--I have went in and did HWE on commercial jobs after it has been done with encap prior and looks great when your done but then the next day they call you back and say "Hey where did all these stains and spots come from) i'm sure this has happened to alot of us-so why not just encap commercial jobs always and leave it at that
The first step in the encap/SHAMPOO process is the very thorough PRE-VAC. This is in my opinion the MAIN cleaning process.

And when you do your agitation method you are just scrubbing the dirt off of the fiber and having it fall to the backing. There will be some oily type soils actually absorbed into a bonnet.

The real key here is that the encap/SHAMPOO leaves a NON -SOIL attracting residue.

And the reason it doesn't leave spots is that it dries quickly not giving time for stains to wick.

There is some question as to whether it encapsulates anything because the formulation is spread out in a large area. And there isn't enough polymer to do anything but provide a non sticky residue.

So in essense it's a modern bonnet cleaning formula that doesn't resoil from sticky residue.

Honestly, some soil is removed....

But the rest gets spread around so no one can see it.

I put the money in the bank...where I can't see it either.

We are done here.
Our encaps not only are non-resoiling, but they also remove the sticky soils/substances that get tracked in and spilled on to the carpet.

If there is nothing left that is sticky, dirt will naturally be easily vacuumed away, and without sticky substances in the carpet, it will stay cleaner longer.

Everyone knows how sticky syrup and dish soap are, so try this, mix three or four drops of undiluted Encap GREEN, Hot Knife, etc. with a drop of Dawn or Imitation maple syrup and allow it to dry. Then sprinkle Black Pepper or just plain dirt over the dried residue. You will see that the stickiness is completely removed and this demonstrates how our encaps help render a carpet to be non dirt attracting.dance
(03-30-2011, 01:56 PM)Steve Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Our encaps not only are non-resoiling, but they also remove the sticky soils/substances that get tracked in and spilled on to the carpet.

If there is nothing left that is sticky, dirt will naturally be easily vacuumed away, and without sticky substances in the carpet, it will stay cleaner longer.

Everyone knows how sticky syrup and dish soap are, so try this, mix three or four drops of undiluted Encap GREEN, Hot Knife, etc. with a drop of Dawn or Imitation maple syrup and allow it to dry. Then sprinkle Black Pepper or just plain dirt over the dried residue. You will see that the stickiness is completely removed and this demonstrates how our encaps help render a carpet to be non dirt attracting.dance

Can I post that on the other board where he asked the same question?
Clean and used Glad pads from my job yesterday. Ya sure all the soil stays in the carpet?

wow nice photo's. I gues it does clean doesn't it!
Nick
(03-30-2011, 10:14 PM)Brent Wrote: [ -> ]Clean and used Glad pads from my job yesterday. Ya sure all the soil stays in the carpet?
so much for being a dirt swirler

Quote:I put the money in the bank...where I can't see it either.
LOL that sharpener dude is one sharp cookie. Big Grin

Nice picture Brent!!!

dance
I only became a believer in encap when I TRIED IT on carpet we struggled with using HWE. The results were better. Carpet stayed cleaner looking longer. Customer was happier. We were happier.

Discussion over for us.