Forum Index

Full Version: Testing a new low ph cleaning product for upholstery.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are some results I have  been getting testing a new low ph product Steve Smith is making for upholstrey.
It will also come in handy for browning or water stains on carpet.

This was the low ph encap with an oxygen reducer  ( red vanish )

Sensitive cotton and a cotton chenille fabric

Heavy soil on commercial carpet---no problem

Photo Album
Furniture cleaned with low ph encap
Many thanks for those videos Joel!

We expect to release this product within 1 to 4 weeks; still have to make sure we have plenty of a particular ingredient on hand first.

Here is a picture of the product label of "Safe-N-Soft".
[Image: Safe-N-Soft.jpg]
Safe-N-Soft should give more carpet cleaners the confidence to tackle cleaning upholstery that they would usually turn down.  It should lower their fear of cleaning natural fibers & problem fabrics.

Upholstery can be a very easy add-on sale.  Anyone who follows your video example, will begin cleaning upholstery quickly, efficiently and profitably.
For those will will look at this thread in the future here is a video for cleaners that have no training on how to approach furn cleaning.
I suggest you take a class on furniture cleaning to learn about fiber id and why ph and fast drying is important. With Steve's new product it will be simple but you must test ALL fabrics first to see how they react and dry. Bleeding of color and browning of cotton or viscose and shrinking of fabric will be the factor to decide how much solution to apply and if fan and heat is needed to dry fabric faster.
  The key to removing heavy soil or oils is to repeat process using a mist of product and repeat a few times until soil is gone.....sometimes use hair dryer to see what areas look like and then repeat if needed.

Video is on My Youtube  Upholstery Playlists

Hey @Joel hoppe 

Your video doesn't seem to be working?
I have been using the new product on area rugs also and it is safe for delicate natural fiber rugs that I clean in homes.
Viscose
Wool
Silk
Cotton.
Linen
Using a mist and drying fast by using a few pads works on delicate fibers----wool can handle much more solution unless is bleeds or has viscose mixed in rug.
With rugs that can bleed dye loc can be applied before and after cleaning.

(05-08-2016, 09:04 AM)Rick Imby Wrote: [ -> ]Hey @Joel hoppe 

Your video doesn't seem to be working?

Fixed
to keep the pH as close to neutral as possible, when cleaning natural fibers would we ever want to go above 4 oz per gallon?
(05-09-2016, 10:51 AM)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]to keep the pH as close to neutral as possible, when cleaning natural fibers would we ever want to go above 4 oz per gallon?

The goal with Safe-N-Soft is to clean with a safer pH which is on the acidic side... the ph is buffered to remain between 5.5 and 6.0 whether using 4, 6, 8, 10 or more ozs per gallon.
(05-09-2016, 10:51 AM)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]to keep the pH as close to neutral as possible, when cleaning natural fibers would we ever want to go above 4 oz per gallon?

On delicate fibers that turn brown with tap water and have S code tag or solvent clean tag you need a product that has a ph of 3-6ph and speed dry. Not too many low ph products clean well except LST that I have used from chemmaxx. Not a good scent on that product and it clumps in jug.

Many cleaners use a 7-9ph cleaner and then use an acid rinse but on delicate fibers 7 ph can turn fabric brown fast. Encap green mixed with a little detonator does have a ph below 7 but not always low enough on some fibers and peroxide is not good for viscose or many natural fibers. You can mist an acid product over cleaners used on fabric but some leave a sticky residue.

This product has solved those issues.
Safe ph
No residue
Good smell
Does not clump up in jug or sprayers