Forum Index

Full Version: Using Red Trinity Brush on Matted Down Carpet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I have taken to using the red pad driving brush directly on the carpet in such cases as extremely soiled carpet in apartments or severely matted down areas.  I beleive that there are others doing this as well. My question is this: Does anyone have a quick/effective way to clean out the carpet fibers, etc. that build up in between the bristles?

Thank You in advance!

Curtis
I have also used the red pad driver for matted down carpet. I got a new Certified Pile Brush a few months ago and it works waaay waaay better for opening up and cleaning out hard as rock matted down carpet. 

For cleaning your pad driver try the car wash and an ice pick.
(05-25-2016, 06:13 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: [ -> ]I have also used the red pad driver for matted down carpet. I got a new Certified Pile Brush a few months ago and it works waaay waaay better for opening up and cleaning out hard as rock matted down carpet. 

For cleaning your pad driver try the car wash and an ice pick.

Thanks for the reply Mardie! I have a Pile Brush, but just don't have the room in the truck to carry it with me all the time.

I'll give the car was a try for the brush, good suggestion, thanks!
I've heard using a steel wire buffing wheel on a sander will get stuff like that out quickly. Never tried it myself however so YMMV.
Barry,
Best idea I've seen is Ted Borecki using his knee kicker with extended pins- lifts Trinity head, turns it on while holding his kicker pins against the brushes... Video of it out there somewhere :-). Worked incredibly well