Forum Index

Full Version: Compliance Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of right now, I mostly focus on residential cleaning, but I'm getting requests from commercial prospects for my services. The last two requests asked me if I was in the Compliance Depot database because they only select vendors through them. Who here is certified through Compliance Depot? What's your thoughts about them? Is it worth my time to go through their process to get certified? Thanks!
Explain who they are and where does one sign up?

Website?

(04-06-2011, 04:51 PM)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]Explain who they are and where does one sign up?

Website?

Sorry about that! www.compliancedepot.com

It's supposed to be a database of 'verified' service vendors. I believe they do background checks, make sure vendors have proper insurance coverage, all sorts of other crap. Basically, if you're on the compliance depot vendor list, you meet a certain criteria so the commercial accounts don't have to do their own check on each vendor that bids on their work. I've heard (I don't have first hand knowledge) that it costs a lot to get on their list, and if you're a small company (like mine), the cards are stacked against you because the list is comprised of mostly larger vendors. The problem is, the two requests I had would be GREAT clients on my reference list if I were to get the business, but I can't even bid on their work because I'm not 'verified' by compliance depot. I just wanted to know if anyone else have run into the same issue, or is currently on their list; and what's their experience with the process?
We have 2 or 3 similar ones here.
Scam.

Ask The Seal is one.

I had 3 or 4 'companies' call me back then and pretend to want me to clean....and asked if I was on the 'list' BS...they were gophers for the company wanting to generate business for ask the seal.

I met one or two at chamber meetings.

whatever.

So Phil, you are saying someone from Compliance Depot probably calls and pretends to be from the General Mills plant and wants some work done.

Then you go and pay to get on the Compliance Depot approved vendor list and call them back and they have never heard of the Compliance Depot?

Sounds like a good Scam to me....
i'lL dO iT............!

PigsFly
No, what I am saying is:

Quote:We have 2 or 3 similar ones here.
Scam.

Ask The Seal is one.

I had 3 or 4 'companies' call me back then and pretend to want me to clean....and asked if I was on the 'list' BS...they were gophers for the company wanting to generate business for ask the seal.

whatever.
One of our regular posters here has a very similar scam he's promoting.

Yikes
(04-07-2011, 08:59 AM)Pigchip Wrote: [ -> ]One of our regular posters here has a very similar scam he's promoting.

Really? So who is this fox in the carpet cleaning chicken house?

Martin, just let Marty out of his cage... he has a set big enough to tell us.dance
LOL
(04-06-2011, 07:24 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: [ -> ]We have 2 or 3 similar ones here.
Scam.

Ask The Seal is one.

whatever.
Well, I know one of the calls was not a scam because I called their corporate office to confirm. It's a large 'green' building here in Atlanta, and the property mgr confirmed that they only hire vendors through Compliance Depot. I didn't follow up on the other one, because it was just too far to travel. I'd lose money on the business.
(04-07-2011, 08:59 AM)Pigchip Wrote: [ -> ]One of our regular posters here has a very similar scam he's promoting.

Jimmy?
IT'S YOU BRIAN!

Down Laughing
(04-07-2011, 10:49 AM)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]IT'S YOU BRIAN!

Down Laughing

WHat?...He couldn't be referring to me.....although I've been accused of worse I guess. Undecided

dance