Forum Index

Full Version: Mystery Yellow Sharpie or Highlighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mystery Greens and some Highlighter marks on carpet have evaded removal using Peroxide or Red remover. I have tried Pig out and Spot-N-Boost, all without any success.

I was curious if anyone has come across a process or chemical that works much of the time.
(02-14-2017, 03:40 PM)Fletch14 Wrote: [ -> ]Mystery Greens and some Highlighter marks on carpet have evaded removal using Peroxide or Red remover. I have tried Pig out and Spot-N-Boost, all without any success.

I was curious if anyone has come across a process or chemical that works much of the time.

What was your process with Red Vanish?
(02-17-2017, 02:55 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2017, 03:40 PM)Fletch14 Wrote: [ -> ]Mystery Greens and some Highlighter marks on carpet have evaded removal using Peroxide or Red remover. I have tried Pig out and Spot-N-Boost, all without any success.

What was your process with Red Vanish?

I use a wallpaper steamer. I used to use an iron and a towel, but I can safely keep on working while the steamer heats up.
I'm sure you have, but have you tried tamping?
(02-23-2017, 03:27 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure you have, but have you tried tamping?

Yes. Rarely does any transfer to the towel. If it did, I would continue.

Are you saying that these will come out through tamping with a Neutral spotter or POG instead of adding or taking away an oxygen molecule chemically?