Forum Index

Full Version: Your VLM process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got the new Orbot Vibe

For all that use an OP to VLM can anyone share their process and which chems you find to work best from
normal to heavy soil conditions

Thanks
Best process? Lots of opinions when it comes to VLM....mine would be:
  • CRB (dry)
  • Pre-vacuum
  • Pre-spray
  • Dwell
  • Pad extract (which pads and how many would depend on condition)
Chems:
  • HKE is a great Vacaway product for all around cleaning
  • Grease Hawg is a film foamer that's great for greasy, trashed conditions 
  • Peroxcellent is ideal for beverage and organic stains in general (can also boost HKE, Grease Hawg, etc.) 
  • Encap Green is also a solid general cleaner, but can be used for wool. I've been a fan of it for years now. 
Hope this helps!
Damon,

You don't use agitation in your process after application of your cleaner?
(04-14-2017, 12:14 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: [ -> ]Damon,

You don't use agitation in your process after application of your cleaner?

I absolutely do. Agitate as needed. Looks like I wrote that in a hurry  Tongue
Do you go back over it with the crb for the agitation step?
(04-20-2017, 11:30 PM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: [ -> ]Do you go back over it with the crb for the agitation step?

Sorry for the delay. Good question. If you run the CRB first, the need to agitation is often times eliminated in my experience. However, if needed, I will follow with either the CRB or a fiber pad.
Your right about the CRB.  Our carpet was looking a bit dirty and spotted but as an experiment rather than a full cleaning I just went over the carpet with the CRB.  It looked pretty good and it bought me a few other weeks before I actually did a regular cleaning on it.
imo i'll add to Damon's comments that the agitation your asking about is done with the pad-extraction step. your Vibe will provide this.