Forum Index

Full Version: Steve's newest thing to make life easier on us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love less steps...I love making money.....both of them together are better than Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Tongue

We now have the option of adding a protectant directly to our cleaning solotions (me Peroxcellent) and cleaning and protecting at one time.

I love it. I've used it already.

It's sooo easy just to suggest it to the client and then add it to the mix and collect the money.

Kleenshield Block-n-Boost.

Did I mention that it also BOOSTS the cleaner's power?? Cool! Hands up Laughing
Sounds wonderful, but I would need to test it to see how it really performs. If it works well, then it could be a great improvement for us end-users.

Note to Steve ...this is not meant to be critical, so don't ban me or take away anymore privilages that you may have left me with.
This looks awesome.

Will be picking up a bottle with my next order.
Oh, it works alright!dance

I welcome you to test it... Hey, when you purchase a case, we even provide you with virgin carpet (greige goods) so that you can test it and demo it to your customers.

Of course, if it fails the test... you are entitled to a full refund and keep the product. Plus I will allow you to give me 50 lashes with a ....

... wet noodle.
Here's the link

http://vacaway.com/vaKleenShield/

Buy a case and save some money....This stuff will sell.

I sold it on both jobs today...and yesterday.

Just for pouring the stuff in....AND it actually helps with cleaning.

Hell, just buy it for the boost. LOL

No Really.

Brian, are you still charging your normal protectant price when using this? or would you charge a little less because of not having to do the extra work?

Very cool Steve, make sure you get some up to Rick here ASAP so I can purchase.
(09-07-2011, 04:14 PM)Brent Wrote: [ -> ]Brian, are you still charging your normal protectant price when using this? or would you charge a little less because of not having to do the extra work?

Call Rick and tell him you want some. Without requests for the product he probably will not carry it.
Looks like a winnerBig Grin

I'll be putting in an order soon.
(09-07-2011, 04:14 PM)Brent Wrote: [ -> ]Brian, are you still charging your normal protectant price when using this? or would you charge a little less because of not having to do the extra work?

I charge the same. 1/2 the price of the cleaning job. I even told one lady that it helps the cleaning as well. Just to see her reaction and she seemed to like that.

The boost part is a good "upsell" if you tell them that it adds stain resistance.

They may not buy the protectant on its own...But if you tell them it helps to clean as well as protects...They would be more likely to by it.....In my opinion.

I think that most people expect to be charged for heavy soil because that goes on in the carpet cleaning world. So this would be more of a bonus to them.

This is a great addition to any package pricing you might have.

Right now I'm doing $29 per room...pretty straight forward. So a package deal might be $43 per room with added protectant.....I don't generally like to put "better cleaning" in the upper package so I might leave that out.
BUT, I would certainly mention it in the discussion. "And the protectant actually helps the cleaning as well".
But you have to be careful of the "Oh, so it's for YOUR benefit too...so you should charge me less then." people.

Looking forward to trying this....
Steve what kind of added boost will it give you similair to S and B or differant.
(09-07-2011, 09:06 PM)AndyKramer20 Wrote: [ -> ]Steve what kind of added boost will it give you similair to S and B or differant.

It would take a lot of time to try and compare the two directly. Different spots, stains, etc. will yield different comparison results. Suffice it to say it will give you a substantial cleaning boost. If you elected to clean with Block-N-Boost only you could, but we are not promoting it that way and it would not clean like our products designed for that purpose.

Anyone buying the product should be buying it for it's ability to Block Acid Dyes when added to their cleaning solution. A cleaning boost is only an added bonus.
Wow...I like the idea of this.

Hey Steve, when using this with HWE, would enough of the product be left in the carpet to be effective?

Haha...Like Steve always says, read the directions first.

Just saw this:

"When given 10 to 15 minutes dwell time, the acid-dye blockers will have already filled the empty or damaged dye sites on each fiber. Using VacAway prespray/detergents having a pH of less than 10 will not remove the acid-dye blockers when you clean. Therefore you can utilize either Hot Water Extraction or one of the low moisture cleaning methods such as pad or bonnet cleaning. With any one of these methods you’ll get great cleaning, faster dry times and revitalization/enhancement of Stain Resistance in nylon carpet."

Ok, but here's another question.

Since using a cleaner with a PH below 10 won't remove the dye-blockers, we can tell the customer that this product will last through the NEXT cleaning as well, as long as the cleaner uses the correct solutions? If thats the case, that'll help you get the call-back. Smile

That sounds like a good way to put it Phillip.

So when using low moisture....Do we need the dwell time since we leave the product in the carpet after we leave?

The entire process after spraying...pretty much IS dwell time. right?

I'm gonna sit this one out and wait for "Spray and Go!", cause that's where we may be heading! Imagine how many jobs you could do in a day!
(09-08-2011, 07:37 AM)Brian R Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like a good way to put it Phillip.

So when using low moisture....Do we need the dwell time since we leave the product in the carpet after we leave?

The entire process after spraying...pretty much IS dwell time. right?

It is still best to follow the directions and give it the recommended dwell time. Even when using low moisture, you will still remove some of the product if you start too quickly.... Directions, directions, directions.
(09-08-2011, 06:54 AM)CleanImage Wrote: [ -> ]Haha...Like Steve always says, read the directions first.

Just saw this:

"When given 10 to 15 minutes dwell time, the acid-dye blockers will have already filled the empty or damaged dye sites on each fiber. Using VacAway prespray/detergents having a pH of less than 10 will not remove the acid-dye blockers when you clean. Therefore you can utilize either Hot Water Extraction or one of the low moisture cleaning methods such as pad or bonnet cleaning. With any one of these methods you’ll get great cleaning, faster dry times and revitalization/enhancement of Stain Resistance in nylon carpet."

Ok, but here's another question.

Since using a cleaner with a PH below 10 won't remove the dye-blockers, we can tell the customer that this product will last through the NEXT cleaning as well, as long as the cleaner uses the correct solutions? If thats the case, that'll help you get the call-back. Smile

It will last through the next cleaning on some, but not all. If they don't get the carpet cleaned on a regular basis and allow it to ugly out, then it will need reapplication. So the answer is... It depends!
Steve or Brian, any comments on its performance as a soil blocking agent or is it just color protection specifically, then still needing to apply a soil blocking product? Also, what is happening to existing dye stains that are not removed, can they still be removed after application?

Con
Great genius Steve - assuming it works of course
Pages: 1 2