Forum Index

Full Version: Had one of "those" customers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The kind of lady that cleans every 3 to 6 months and has been looking for the "cleaner" for her since the beginning. No company good enough....used Stanley Steemer and other names around the area.

Yada yada yada......She says "you have the big machine in your van right?"

No Maam.

"oh, because the last guy had one of those machines that you bring in the house and it was horrible. He took all day to clean and he left residue (yes she said residue) everywhere.

It took me a week to get it all out." Yikes Yikes Yikes

I was then worried what she was doing to her carpet after.

yup, rug doctor. Ran vinegar through it. wow

Anyway, I let her know that I have been cleaning forever yada.....and this system was awesome for residue removing...yada yada....and esplaineded all the benefits of my process Yadax3

She decided to trust me because of my award winning personallity. Big Grin
When I was done she was super happy and said she would use me again.

"just let me know when you're running another deal.".....Yes, one of those customers.
But she did pay extra...was happy to do it.

Some people care about their carpet waaaaaaaaaaay too much....and really don't know what the "up" is.

Her hubby was a powerplay guy...so I think she thought she had to be. I think she had way too much time on her hands and needed to justify her existence.

Still was a good job to do...made some money etc. and she was a kitten at the end.

Just one of those things.

(09-09-2011, 08:43 AM)Brian R Wrote: [ -> ]The kind of lady that cleans every 3 to 6 months and has been looking for the "cleaner" for her since the beginning. No company good enough....used Stanley Steemer and other names around the area.

Yada yada yada......She says "you have the big machine in your van right?"

No Maam.

"oh, because the last guy had one of those machines that you bring in the house and it was horrible. He took all day to clean and he left residue (yes she said residue) everywhere.

It took me a week to get it all out." Yikes Yikes Yikes

I was then worried what she was doing to her carpet after.

yup, rug doctor. Ran vinegar through it. wow

Anyway, I let her know that I have been cleaning forever yada.....and this system was awesome for residue removing...yada yada....and esplaineded all the benefits of my process Yadax3

She decided to trust me because of my award winning personallity. Big Grin
When I was done she was super happy and said she would use me again.

"just let me know when you're running another deal.".....Yes, one of those customers.
But she did pay extra...was happy to do it.

Some people care about their carpet waaaaaaaaaaay too much....and really don't know what the "up" is.

Her hubby was a powerplay guy...so I think she thought she had to be. I think she had way too much time on her hands and needed to justify her existence.

Still was a good job to do...made some money etc. and she was a kitten at the end.

Just one of those things.

I actually love those customers! They are the ones that refer the heck out of you when win them over.
This sounds like the type of customer who wants to be put of some kind of "maintenance cleaning program" where you can give her a discount for frequent cleaning with the probability of getting additional work from them and maybe a stream of referrals.

Do you sell this type of package?

Larry Galler
Come to "One Year to Greatness" introductory call 9/14 @ 7pm Eastern or 9/15 @ 1pm Eastern to transform your business into a great business.
email larry@larrygaller.com - put OYTG Vacaway in the subject line, I'll send connection info
Great point, Larry!

So, did ya, Brian?
Funny you mention it.

She wanted to make sure that I emailed her the next time I ran a deal.

I told here that if she does it often enough that I will honor the same price that she just paid....she had a Living Social deal +

She was happy.

Service Monster allows me to set up a recurring appointment...which is what I did.
She will also get reminders in the mail every 3 months for 2 years OR until she has me clean again and then the process starts over.

BUT having her on the recurring saves me $1.25 every 3 months. Big Grin
But I will send her the reminders anyway....nice to stay in the face.

I need to promote this to ALL my customers....I may have to start making phone calls.

I used to do this a while back and I couldn't get it to catch on.....I would say "like your dentist" when talking about it.

Ideas??

Actually...this seems like a good time to email blast my customers!! Good Job

I need help with wording the email.....anyone?

Why didn't you just book her again in ninety days for the same deal?

I will book a few jobs if I ask to schedule the next cleaning at the end of job, maybe a 3rd, but I don't do it enough. This thread is another good reminder.
(09-09-2011, 04:34 PM)Rug Beater Wrote: [ -> ]Why didn't you just book her again in ninety days for the same deal?

I will book a few jobs if I ask to schedule the next cleaning at the end of job, maybe a 3rd, but I don't do it enough. This thread is another good reminder.

That's what I did.....Let me go back and read what I wrote....She's on a recurring schedule now. Every 3 months.

Jeez, you write so much it's hard to read every wordRolleyes
Big Grin
Big Grin
Brian, that's great!
Having that customer on a regular basis (in this case a three month schedule) is great, both for your revenue stream and for this fastidious customer.

I have developed retention programs for many businesses that schedule future work at the time you finish the current service including carpet cleaners for both residential and commercial work, floor refinishers for maintenance buffing and sanding / recoat work, house painters for everything from touch-up to whole house painting, roofers, and even attorneys to review and update wills, power-of-attny for health, living wills, etc.

These programs are great for the customer / client because they know they are being cared for appropriately and great for the business because they build sales volume and referrals. The critical part of selling these programs is in the design of the program and the manner in which they are presented to the customer / client. Naturally we devote at least one session in the "One Year to Greatness" program to this important subject to help the business owners create their program, promote it, present it, and implement it.

Larry Galler
Small Business Greatness Coach
http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com