Forum Index

Full Version: battery powered sprayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking at buying a battery powered sprayer. I really like the 3M multi-sprayer, except for the price, lol.

I currently use Pepsi sprayers, and they work good, but I hate refilling in the middle of a job, and having to pump up again. I like the idea of the multi-sprayer in that you can switch out jugs, or add your cleaning chem to the jug of water sitting in the van, insert jug in sprayer and go. Super slick.

Just wondering if there's any other brands similar to the multi-sprayer that I should be checking out before I make my purchase. I want to be able to switch out a jug/chem easily. And I'm looking for the cheapest prices on one too. Jon Don is $515. Adco is $444. those are the only 2 places I've seen them, anyone know anymore to check out?
Someone mentioned the rocket sprayer on here. Looks like a good sprayer.

http://www.rocketspray.com/
yeah, I've seen that one before Brian. I think you'd have to dump the cleaning juice out to switch to something else though. Can't just switch out the jug.

I carry a few different juices right now (all pepsi kegs) and just switch out the spray wand between them for different jobs. It'd just be nice to switch out the juice with out having to hook up to a compressor to charge the tank everytime, hence the battery sprayer.
I see.

I wish the hydroforce injection sprayers worked better because I would just run plain water and switch out each jug as I needed different chems.

But oh well.

You're the right track if you ask me. The issue is to find something that won't fall apart and sprays a good volume on a continuous basis.

Good luck and let us know what works best.
(09-11-2011, 10:21 AM)Brent Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, I've seen that one before Brian. I think you'd have to dump the cleaning juice out to switch to something else though. Can't just switch out the jug.

I carry a few different juices right now (all pepsi kegs) and just switch out the spray wand between them for different jobs. It'd just be nice to switch out the juice with out having to hook up to a compressor to charge the tank everytime, hence the battery sprayer.

On each van, we pressurized 3 to 4 tanks before leaving for the days jobs.... no need to use a compressor each time unless one lost pressure for some reason. We always had a dedicated tank & wand for protector too. Most days we never had to use a compressor at all, but we did keep one on each van just in case.
With my Pepsi sprayer I've found that a little under 4 gallons and then the rest pressurized will get you through a house....But there is always been a gallon or a gallon and a half left in the tank that doesn't spray out very well. Maybe I'm not putting enough pressure in? About 80psi...maybe I'm spraying too much because my wand is probably a higher flow than it should be?

The first 3 rooms I can blow through quick...then it slows somewhat.

Nothing's perfect...I remember this from the Chem Dry days too. But the compressor sat on the tank outside with a longer hose.

It's really nothing to bring the little compressor to the front door to hook up if needed on a bigger job. It has an ac and a car lighter hook up.

If I'm low on pressure I can always Orbot a room while waiting for the charge. Still beats a pump up and the issues with an electric pump....so far...until I change my mind. Tongue

The issue with the electric pump is costs.....ESP when it stops working.
I was going to go PSI long ago...but I had an electric pump not being used.....So I used it.

A battery sprayer seems like a great way to go...ESP if you can switch chems quickly.

Although with STeve's new Peroxcellent / Kleenshield/boost mix....not sure how ofter I would use anything else......And now I learned that I can throw some Peeradicator in when it's the urine job from hell. Big Grin

I'll stick with the keg/pressure/car pump/cheap way to go for now.

I've lost interest in the creating something new. LOL

I've always went 3 gallons of water + chem. and then 100 psi pressure. I don't have much problem losing pressure.

On large commercial jobs I like the Pepsi kegs, I can cover about 1200 ft2 on a single charge/tank. I just don't feel it's the right choice (for me) on the smaller res. jobs I do. And I think being able to swap out 2 gallon jugs without pressurizing anything would just work better for MY set up.

I like the idea of the multi-sprayer, just wondering if there's anything similar out there, different brands. I'm looking into prices for the multi-sprayer here in Canada right now too. The shipping and brokerage kills ya coming out the States.
Like Brent, 100psi and 3 gallons worked out best for us. 100psi will take the solution all the way to to bottom without any problem. 3 gallons was enough on most residential jobs too.
I think I wet the carpet too much.

I'll put less in today and see what happens.

I just bought a Battery powered sprayer at harbor freight for $52. 60psi 4.8 gallon pump. I have used it a little so far and am very happy with it. If it lasts me three months I will be happy also any longer then that and I will feel blessed.
pics?

(09-12-2011, 07:25 PM)Brian R Wrote: [ -> ]pics?

What he said!!! Pics please!!!
I will take a pic tomorrow.
Cool. It says Sears carries it. I may have to go over and have a look.

I've been using the Hudson 4gal never pumps for a few years now. For the price they can't be beat. Jeannie at customer service is great to deal with. They stand behind their warranty. I have bought 5 or 6 in the past few years, but were talking 2,000 plus jobs.
One thing that impresses me the most about them is how infrequently you need to charge them. The charge lasts at least twice as long as they claim. I've entertained the idea of getting a more expensive sprayer, but when I see their battery life claims I decide to stick with what I have. Besides I've got enough old ones now that when something goes wrong with one of the new ones I always have parts.
I usually get mine through northern tool and buy them in the winter as they are way less expensive that time of year.
I am seriously thinking about buying 1 or 2 more because they are so cheap. And then just having one on hand still if it dies.
(09-13-2011, 11:59 PM)kingjoelking Wrote: [ -> ]I am seriously thinking about buying 1 or 2 more because they are so cheap. And then just having one on hand still if it dies.

I hear ya....I did the same thing when the bissels went on sale at Wally World

Got a price last night on a multi-sprayer from a Canadian distributor, $630. Yikes That ain't gonna' happen. Now I'm seriously considering one of those Hudson sprayers, or 2 or 3 for the same price (shipped) as a multi-sprayer.

I think the Hudson sprayer is a little more PSI too.
I'm hitting Sears today to see if they have any in stock.

Pages: 1 2