Forum Index

Full Version: Where were you on 911?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was on my way home from a carpet cleaning job in San Jose CA. My then wife was sitting on the sofa (we had room mates) and some were there.

I remember watching like a tv show more than a news show.

It didn't sink in at all until they mentioned it was a terrorist attack.

When I saw the towers fall......It really pissed me off....along with other emotions.

Business was horrible after that. I had a partner in that business..Chem Dry.....and I sold out of it...Got screwed and let for Sacramento CA to start over.

I worked for another company for a while and then started my carpet cleaning company up .....again.

Hell of day that day....I remember flags everywhere.....I felt like I was ready to defend myself and family and my country at the time.....a little naive but the feelings were there.

You?

I was loading up with my boss (installing then) at our local flooring warehouse.

I remember walking in to get a cup of coffee and everyone huddled around the 13" tv mounted on the wall. Like Brian, it took a while to sink in and understand how serious this really was?

On our way to the job, my boss told me "you will never forget this day as long as you live"....and he was right...
Just after the 1st plane struck, I walked into the office and turned on the TV to CNN. They were showing where the 1st plane struck, and they thought it was just a small plane. I too, had no idea what had really happened and the small plane theory seemed plausible at the time.

Anyway, I was still watching when the 2nd plane struck, but knew instantly that this time it was a terrorist attack. The vision of that 2nd plane coming in and crashing will always be indelibly stamped in my mind.awwwman
I was working at Jon Don Atlanta, coordinating a water damage certification course and working with a customer on getting his truckmount installed, I remember we rolled the TV out of the seminar room onto the showroom floor so we all could watch, the seminar continued but at a slow and shallow pace, it was a hell of a day.
(09-11-2011, 02:56 PM)Steve Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Just after the 1st plane struck, I walked into the office and turned on the TV to CNN. They were showing where the 1st plane struck, and they thought it was just a small plane. I too, had no idea what had really happened and the small plane theory seemed plausible at the time.

Anyway, I was still watching when the 2nd plane struck, but knew instantly that this time it was a terrorist attack. The vision of that 2nd plane coming in and crashing will always be indelibly stamped in my mind.awwwman

At 8:46am, I was driving to my sister's house to clean her carpet and upholstery. The rock station on the car radio still played music. My sister greeted me with tears in her eyes. I thought something happened within my own little world. We watched as it all unfolded. I called, my then, wife to leave work immediately and come home. She worked in CenterCity Philadelphia, across the Delaware River. I didnt want her to be stranded on that side if they targeted Philly buildings and/or bridges. All throughout the day I kept one eye on the tv. I guess I was lucky it was my sister's job....
I was where I am right now, sitting at my computer in my home office. My wife, who is a manufacturer's rep was out of state, driving home from an appointment. She had the radio on in the car. She phoned me and told me to turn on the tv and I sat in front of it for the rest of the day, stunned and shocked in disbelief.

After the towers came down I drove over to our hospital to give blood. They were not accepting any so I drove home and waited for my wife to come home.

Terrible day.

Larry Galler