Forum Index

Full Version: protectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I priced out a mulit-sprayer from a canadain distributor (about 3 hrs away from me) and he sent me a price on Dupont Teflon protector. It was $72 a gallon. Seems expensive to me. I've used Vac-Away products since I started carpet cleaning, and I've never seen a reason to try anything else.

But I'm wondering what the difference is between the protectors.
Scotch guard?
Dupont Teflon?
Fiber Cop?
Rhino Shield?

All I've used is Fiber Cop, and not very much either.

Thanks.
Just buy the Kleenshield Block n Boost and be done with it all.

How easy is it just to pour it in and clean with it??

Nice.

Steve can give all the technical mumbo jumbo.....I just want to make money with it and not screw anyone over.

Brian, block n boost does not release 'soil' from carpet, just colors

Brent, I suggest doing your own testing in a home (like yours or closer relative) that you can see the differences over a 12 month or more period to see who performs & who doesnt. Most of these will send free samples - at least to the border anyways.)

Brand names - charge for the marketing & recognizability of that name. Most of them use more water & % of less effective particulates, therefore it takes longer to dry. I have no idea why the brand names have not invented a low water content formula - but it sure is helpful to the little guys making it.

Con
(09-14-2011, 08:56 AM)Brent Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm wondering what the difference is between the protectors.
Scotch guard?
Dupont Teflon?
Fiber Cop?
Rhino Shield?

Scotch guard, Telfon, and Fiber Cop all protect against soil, oil, and have a certain amount of beading so that spills can be removed quicker.

Fiber Cop can be applied at 1000 to 1500 SF vs the others at 200 SF, so it dries much, much faster. Plus it offers better protection as well. We recently upgraded the Fiber Cop too.... it is now Freeze Thaw Stable and comes in a variety of scents as well. It is also less expensive per SF use.

Rhino Shield does all of the above, but also adds in Acid Dye Stain Resistance... see the tech bulletin for more complete information. The only other product that I know of that is anything similar to Rhino Shield is Bridgepoint Maxim Advanced (64oz per gallon). Rhino Shield Gold (16oz per gallon). We made certain that Rhino Shield would outperform Maxim too... plus it is less expensive per sq. ft.

Kleenshield Block-N-Boost is a one of a kind product that gives Acid Dye Stain Resistance as you clean... it also boosts your cleaning solution, but does not give protection against soil, oil, etc.

Hope this helps.dance

Steve. that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

But, now I'm wondering why anyone would use anything less than Rhino Shield? If you're going to put a protector down, why not put one down that protects against soils AND acid-dyes? why just go part way? I've always been one that if you're going to do something, do it right.
(09-14-2011, 09:38 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: [ -> ]Brian, block n boost does not release 'soil' from carpet, just colors

Con

I don't think that's right Con.

I'm pretty sure it gives you an overall cleaning boost similar to spot n boost.

It just protects against colors ...not soils.

Steve?

Actually, I think you and Con are in agreement Brian.

Yes, it blocks acid dyes such as Red Dye #40 found in kool aid and many other children's drinks and cough syrups. And Yes, it gives a cleaning boost as an added bonus.
Groovy.....I see what I think he meant now. Bang Head