Forum Index

Full Version: Got A Glue Call today.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And went to give a custy a look at what seems to be a VCT over glue mishap!!

Installers used slightly too much glue; Friday I will film the before, in process, and after of just using sample chems and removal process I have already tried which should do a fine job.

I gotta say that when I tried the Pig Out i wish I had a gallon. But for the sake of demonstration I will be creative and do it a different way.
Ricky, I did one of these jobs a few months ago. WD-40 or Brake Cleaner to get the tar/glue off. It doesn't take much. I sprayed the areas, then went over with a black stripping pad, most came up fairly easy, but it will likely be a lot of hands and knees work. I then stripped and waxed the whole floor.

I had to do this on 3800 ft2 of brand new VCT tile floor. The building owners decided to save money, and get one of their employees to lay/set the tiles. Well, the saved money there, but I charged 45 cents a foot to do the job. $1800 job when all said and done, and 19 hrs of labor. Sure wish I had help on that job.
Sorry to say I know I promised pictures; But the custy at a college complex and they requested no pictures and I really can't blame them; 4 great looking colleges girls on the bottom floor; But with terri towels and Pig Put removed larger glue traces; I used Encap Green Chem with outstanding results being dispensed very lightly from a trigger sprayer mixed at 50/50 scrubbed in well with a Koblenz 12 in 2 Head polisher. Approx. 400 sqft of carpet treated in 45 minutes; 100 sqft of vct cleaned and resealed 30 min.

Allowed to dry fully; and custy will vacuumed.

A+ for Encap Green Chem.
Did you put a finish on the VCT? Or just seal it? That's a lot of work to go through to just put sealer on it. Doesn't really protect the floor.
Yes; sorry about that; I did seal it and apply finish to it. Carpet rally looked great when i left also. Encap Green sample worked awesome.
Not that speed is everything but 45-minutes on 400 sq/ft, sounds like you need a more productive machine. I think you could cut that in half with something a little bigger that gives you better coverage.

Over time it would pay for itself many times over.
(09-17-2011, 09:36 AM)Richardc Wrote: [ -> ]Not that speed is everything but 45-minutes on 400 sq/ft, sounds like you need a more productive machine. I think you could cut that in half with something a little bigger that gives you better coverage.

Over time it would pay for itself many times over.

Note Rickie's sig line - disabled Vet. Something bigger isn't necessarily an option. Although I would be interested in a productivity comparison between his Koblenz and an Oreck Orbiter.
When my techs do those jobs they use 175; me with the old back not so great little machine is Better.
Gotcha!

That makes sense.