Forum Index

Full Version: Shoe Booties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I arrive at my customer's home and he happens to be a Korean and immediately tells me that I need to take my shoes off before entering his house. I open my Vacaway spotter box and put on my shoe booties. Customer shows me a big smile and tells me how professional I am. When I finish the job, customer hands me a $40 tip and tells me what a great job I did. This is great since I made him happy by using shoe booties that cost me a couple of cents. Talk about a moment of truth clap
How many of you use shoe booties?
all the time

Con
I wear crocks in the summer and refuse to take them off and walk barefoot on ANYBODYS carpets!

So, I use booties.

Besides, if they saw my feet, they wouldn't let me in!
Never during cleaning but afterwards when we come back in the home.
I've bought/used booties a few times (and got bootie ink in the carpet a few times when I've used the wrong ones...)

I also carry a $40.00 pair of booties (for almost a year now) in my vehicle... will try one of these days....

HOWEVER, mostly I will lay out a clean white pad or two in the doorway to wipe my feet on even when the customer is insisting "that it is fine".

Sometimes I'll even spray the pad with a cleaner from a small 48oz hydroforce pump sprayer.

If there is ever any hesitation (as potential with oriental family), I'll break out the booties....

Coby
www.45Clean.com
coby@45Clean.com

I always wear them for residential, never for commercial. I like the plastic ones since they're waterproof. I always offer to leave extras to wear while it dries.

Nice to see you here Coby!Good Job
We always leave them for the custy also great way to let them start walking on the carpet right away with out getting wet feet. We also lay out a mat at the customers door to wipe our feet and keep extra booties so they are always fresh.
(09-17-2011, 09:27 PM)Grant D Wrote: [ -> ]I always wear them for residential, never for commercial. I like the plastic ones since they're waterproof. I always offer to leave extras to wear while it dries.

Nice to see you here Coby!Good Job

nearly fell outta my chair reading coby's post...

We get our booties from Shubee as these are the only model that we have found to be non slippery on wet lino etc. We can also get them in Red to match our uniform. A new company Buffalo booties? I think its called in Canada has the same ones - cheaper but only in blue.

Con
"nearly fell outta my chair reading coby's post..."

Me? Why?
A. Shocked that I show that much class?
B. Overwhelmed at my exquisite business acumen?
C. Stunned that I would pay $40.00 for classy booties? (re-usable, I might add...)
D. Flabergasted that I, an IICRC EXPERIENCED Master Textile Cleaner, would get bootie ink on a carpet?
E. Envious of my time-step saving production minded approach to the bootie "DPS" (Dog & Pony Show :-)
F. ETC
G. Come on now, what is it ?????
All the time...

...btw....anyone catch Marty wears crocs? OMG!
I have a bag of them in the truck.

I hand them out generally when someone asks "how long do I have to stay off the carpet".

Wearing booties on the job is counter productive in my opinion.
Trips to the truck and taking them on and off.

People love me for me and I think the bootie thing is over rated.

Only a handful have ever asked me to take off my shoes......Estimates I will get the booties. But if I'm cleaning I will tell them I can't clean without shoes on.

By the way....never walk into a kitchen full of teenage girls and ask the mother

"Would you like some booties?"

The roar of laughter was almost too much to take. Blush
Coby

H) didnt know you were coming here to visit.

A-F doesnt suprize me at all!

Con
I didn't realize that my post would attract Coby to our forum. I thought you were only a Padderland poster, but it's great to see you here and your comments and expertise are always welcome sir. hatsoff
Is Mr. Phil posting anywhere else? I haven't seen him here.

I miss the little guy.

(09-18-2011, 10:41 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: [ -> ]Coby

H) didnt know you were coming here to visit.

A-F doesnt suprize me at all!

Con

-Winter is on it's way here! Starting to actually have time to breathe... All of a sudden my jobs/day turned off with the lights... who knows why, but I'm not recuperated enough to be concerned yet...

Thanks for all the nice things said about me posting.

Where's the best place to buy quality, affordable booties?

Yep, what Brian said, we dont wear them during cleaning but hand them out like candy to the custy after cleaning, they love them
www.jondon.com
(09-19-2011, 01:32 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the best place to buy quality, affordable booties?

Pages: 1 2