Forum Index

Full Version: Taking the plunge!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well folks; I've been splitting my time for a year or so with carpet cleaning and working in good ol' corporate America. I've decided to take the plunge and clean full time. Wish me luck! May the force be with me...
Hot dog!

Good luck bro. Never look back.

You need to be in control of your own future.

Disclaimer: Sucks not having benefits. Tongue
Full speed ahead brother. Good Job
Best wishes!
Good luck!

Hope you have fun building your businessclap
Everyone here will wish you nothing but the best, and help as much as they can. I don't post alot, but enjoy checking out this board to read some new ideas getting tossed about, alot of really good people post here, keep taking advantage of it. Best of luck.
remember the main legs of your biz

1. BE awesome at the cleaning
2. Be even better at marketing
3. Learn to manage your money & your time

Con
(09-27-2011, 04:29 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: [ -> ]Well folks; I've been splitting my time for a year or so with carpet cleaning and working in good ol' corporate America. I've decided to take the plunge and clean full time. Wish me luck! May the force be with me...
I envy you Iam still to chicken to throw the keys to the boss just yet maybe next year after Obama gets thrown out

I agree with Con 100%.

Let me add one more:
4. Provide the absolute best in customer service at all times.

Good luck with it!

(09-27-2011, 07:00 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: [ -> ]remember the main legs of your biz

1. BE awesome at the cleaning
2. Be even better at marketing
3. Learn to manage your money & your time

Con

Thanks guys!
Keep us updated. padding
Best of luck and I say that from the standpoint that "the harder I work the luckier I get!" (don't remember whose quote that is - wish I had said it first because it 's really very true - I'm sure one of the wise people on this board will remember).

When you are in your own business you are in control (as much as you ever can be) of your own destiny and fortune. When you win you earned it and you will always feel good about yourself... when you lose you just have to apply yourself harder so work hard and you'll have the future you desire.

I'd like to add something to the "be awesome at marketing" as mentioned a couple times above. Customer Service is part of your marketing along with many other marketing tasks such as Advertising / Retention Programs / Branding / Quality Work / Referral Programs / Web Strategy - SEO / Etc. The better integrated all these tasks are, the better your business becomes. Don't every drop any of the tasks but continue doing all of them all the time and your business will grow.

Larry Galler
Small Business Greatness Coach
http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com
All the best Daryl!
Is there any way we could talk you out of it, or are you just a glutton for punishment?

LOL @ Mike

Remember, it's the failures that make you successful.

Whatever the hell that means. Tongue

I know what it means.....But it's still funny.

(09-28-2011, 03:23 PM)Larry Galler Wrote: [ -> ]Best of luck and I say that from the standpoint that "the harder I work the luckier I get!" (don't remember whose quote that is - wish I had said it first because it 's really very true - I'm sure one of the wise people on this board will remember).

When you are in your own business you are in control (as much as you ever can be) of your own destiny and fortune. When you win you earned it and you will always feel good about yourself... when you lose you just have to apply yourself harder so work hard and you'll have the future you desire.

I'd like to add something to the "be awesome at marketing" as mentioned a couple times above. Customer Service is part of your marketing along with many other marketing tasks such as Advertising / Retention Programs / Branding / Quality Work / Referral Programs / Web Strategy - SEO / Etc. The better integrated all these tasks are, the better your business becomes. Don't every drop any of the tasks but continue doing all of them all the time and your business will grow.

Larry Galler
Small Business Greatness Coach
http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com

I've been working on my branding, web strategies, SEO for a while now. I'm finally first page on google with most 'green' key words in Atlanta (very tough to do, due to Atlanta's size and competition), and I'm typically 2nd or 3rd listing on Bing with most keyword searches. My branding is evolving and I'll be making changes to my site (including the video on my home page) pretty soon. I plan to start a little e-commerce for eco-friendly household cleaning solutions as well. I just haven't figured out a good company to private label or do an affiliate program with. If anyone has some good suggestions; feel free to share. I also already do quality work. Since I don't spend money on advertising right now; a ton of my current business is referrals, repeats, and word of mouth. I'm excited to finally put my all into my business, and I appreciate all of the advice and tips that I read from everyone in this forum! Thanks!