The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another cooler test
I ran another cooler test yesterday. I used the following cooler, two gallons of Peroxcellent and 4 of the blue gel freezer packs like in the picture. The cooler would hold at least 10 or 12 of the freezer packs besides the two gallons of Peroxcellent.

The temperature got to 115F in the vechicle... after four hours the temperature inside the cooler was 58F and after nine hours it was 68F.

The cooler is only $18.88 at Wall-mart and you can even have it shipped to you free ... Here it is online.

[Image: cooler.jpg]
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm hitting walmart after my 1 job today.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Got it.

I only got 5 of the freezer packs.

I'll do the touch test throughout the day. Cool

Now it's time to rearange the back of the truck.

Think I'll wait til the sun goes downa bit.

103 here today

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dr. Smith...did you open the cooler a few times during that 9 hrs? Wouldnt that have simulated more the real world cleaner's habits? Keep it opened long enough to open, pour, measure and reseal the Peroxcellent. Also, test for 6 days to see how it would handle a trip to Phoenix. Please report back.

IdeaBig GrinTongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2011, 04:56 AM)Marc Imbesi Wrote: Dr. Smith...did you open the cooler a few times during that 9 hrs? Wouldnt that have simulated more the real world cleaner's habits? Keep it opened long enough to open, pour, measure and reseal the Peroxcellent. Also, test for 6 days to see how it would handle a trip to Phoenix. Please report back.

IdeaBig GrinTongue

I wasn't trying to simulate a real world cleaner's habits Marc. My test merely was checking to see if a cooler would scientifically lower the average temperature, inside the cooler, over the course of a day using a only four freezer packs. Conclusion? "Yup".

Another conclusion I believe that I can draw from the test is: If I double or triple the # of freezer packs, (there is room to do so), I would more than make up for a few times opening it during the day. Smile

I also believe that the test would fail miserably if I were to make a trip to Phoenix, but I can't be certain since I never actually had time to do so.Wink

I do love that country though Marc. To me, Arizona is the the most beautiful state in the continential US. You lucky dog!Beer
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks so much for the testing, Steve.

Just ordered my cooler, thanks for the link, too!

Steve
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
1st off, why would you keep the lid to the cooler open while you were pouring & mixing?
Do you keep the fridge door open the whole time you're preparing supper?
Not very real world.
If you're so concerned with instantaneous cooling with the lid to the cooler open, why not use smaller bottles, measured at 10 oz, 20 oz. etc so that you can just grab them & pour them directly into the sprayer w/o having to measure?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2011, 08:40 AM)mikecharles Wrote: 1st off, why would you keep the lid to the cooler open while you were pouring & mixing?
Not very real world.
If you're so concerned with instantaneous cooling with the lid to the cooler open, why not use smaller bottles, measured at 10 oz, 20 oz. etc so that you can just grab them & pour them directly into the sprayer w/o having to measure?

Damn...That's not a bad idea.

But for now, I'll just grab the gallon jug really quick and close the lid. Fill the tank and put it back really quick.

But hey, only supposed to be 100 Degrees today. Yikes
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2011, 08:40 AM)mikecharles Wrote: 1st off, why would you keep the lid to the cooler open while you were pouring & mixing?
Not very real world.

Little ANAL today, Mike? Go take a dump and come back later....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Lately our high has been around 71 or so. Is there any reason to do this until the temp hits say 80 or so?

Until I open the jugs I keep them in my downstairs laundry room which never gets above 70 (yet this year anyhow).
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I was gonna make a comment about your inability to engage in a meaningful discourse.....

But Steve asked everyone to maintain civil posts on his board

And I respect Steve

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2011, 08:50 AM)Brian R Wrote:
Not very real world.

But for now, I'll just grab the gallon jug really quick and close the lid. Fill the tank and put it back really quick.

Why carry gallon jugs around? They look neat all lined up in your van...or truck.
But just more MPG-killing weight to haul around and takes up too much space.
How many ounces of each chem do you need to carry with you?
We bought new quart bottles from Steve, printed off waterproof labels for each, and the quarts are what we carry.
I can't remember a time in the last 3 years or so when we had to go back to the van to mix more chemicals.
To get more pads, yes.
Probably need to use up the chems in the van and replace them with newer stuff

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2011, 10:48 AM)mikecharles Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 08:50 AM)Brian R Wrote:
Not very real world.

You pad cleaners are some seriously strange dudes.

Why carry gallon jugs around? They look neat all lined up in your van...or truck.
But just more MPG-killing weight to haul around and takes up too much space.
How many ounces of each chem do you need to carry with you?
We bought new quart bottles from Steve, printed off waterproof labels for each, and the quarts are what we carry.
I can't remember a time in the last 3 years or so when we had to go back to the van to mix more chemicals.
To get more pads, yes.
Probably need to use up the chems in the van and replace them with newer stuff

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:You pad cleaners are some seriously strange dudes.

We don't have to be concerned with descaling our machines, cleaning out our waste tanks, corroded quick disconnects, broken belts or couplers, clogged air filters or fouled plugs on our lawn mower-motored equipment, hot hoses that burn legs, grass or wooden floors, dissolve and spew black death water all over a client's home, or be concerned that the exhaust of our machines will melt an asphalt driveway or our van will sink into the driveway due to its weight.

With all that free time on our hands, some of us obsess about temperature stability of our chemicals

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Marty, respond to the posts before or after the quote you nimrod.

The cooler is ....Cool.

I can put 2 gallons of Peroxcellent, gallon of spot n boost and gallon of red vanish....just because. I think I put a quart of hell gel in too.

No reason to keep them all cool....but it keeps them organized.

And when I hit the train tracks Dukes of Hazard style...All of them stay in the cooler an not all over the back of my truck. Good Job

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Very nice of you to test that for everyone Steve!!!
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well I had no problem at all with the cooler set up.

It's seems like overkill in theory but it really works out with the Peroxcellent and other chems.
I can just take out the cooler at night and set it in the house and freeze the doohickies for the next day.

Simple really.

I would just pull the Peroxcellent out at the job and close the lid really quick. Measure it out and put it back in.

I could tell that it stayed cool all day.

Again, keeps stuff organized etc.

Thanks Steve for the great idea.

Or who's idea was it?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2011, 05:25 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 04:56 AM)Marc Imbesi Wrote: Dr. Smith...did you open the cooler a few times during that 9 hrs? Wouldnt that have simulated more the real world cleaner's habits? Keep it opened long enough to open, pour, measure and reseal the Peroxcellent. Also, test for 6 days to see how it would handle a trip to Phoenix. Please report back.

IdeaBig GrinTongue

I wasn't trying to simulate a real world cleaner's habits Marc. My test merely was checking to see if a cooler would scientifically lower the average temperature, inside the cooler, over the course of a day using a only four freezer packs. Conclusion? "Yup".

I do love that country though Marc. To me, Arizona is the the most beautiful state in the continential US. You lucky dog!Beer

Are you going on the road with Pat Paulson and running for US Vice President?

Arizona may be pretty but the prettiest? Not even close.

Straight Talk Free Phones

The Straight Talk Wireless Prepaid Warranty

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Have you been to Yosemite? Nothing like it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I agree, this aint the prettiest. I'd take Tennessee over this hell hole. AZ is the dirtiest by far!
Reply }}
Thanks given by: