Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got my Dirt Assasin Green
I just recieved my Dirt Assasin Green yesterday so I put it into action today. The first 2 jobs of the day were light to moderately soiled freize carpets. It performed GREAT on both jobs at only 2oz per gallon mix. Also did a well on a berber at 2oz mix.
Third job of the day was CGD in the commoms area of a condo complex. Extrememly soiled. Tar spots all over and super dirty. So dirty it smelled like dirt when the pre-spray hit the carpet. Hel-Gel with half hour dwell on the tar spots and Dirt Assasin Green at 6ox per gallon mix with 5-10 minute dwell. Turned out GREAT. All the tar spots came out and the Dirt Assasin Green really proved itself on CGD. It seems to clean a little more thorough than Surround Green, but at a slighty slower rate if that makes any sense. I like the no foam as it doesn't make you think you are getting the carpet cleaner than you really are. Smells good too.
I have been using both Surround Green and Quantum Green on a daily basis for quite some time. Dirt Assasin Green may be my new one chem fits all, just adjust the dilution to fit he job.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:

Thanks for that report Joe.Smile
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I liked it as well, but like you said cleaning was slower. I think it's because it works more like a traditional extraction cleaner and you have to remove more dirt to get the clean look. With an encap carpets look cleaner sooner even if not as much dirt is removed.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Do you think it's better than hot knife? Although HK made me cough a little but it worked very nicely
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have never used Hot Knife, but Dirt Assasin Green works just as well as Blaze from CCS which I think is the same thing as HK, but I could be wrong.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Report back after using it for a while and let us know if you still have that opinion. I used a couple gallons of it for OP and didn't think it worked as well as encap green for padding. Seemed to work comparable to quantum green with OP.

I have lately been using it as a booster for my Peroxcellent at 1-2 oz/gal.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-28-2010, 05:55 PM)Enviro-Dry Wrote: I have never used Hot Knife, but Dirt Assasin Green works just as well as Blaze from CCS which I think is the same thing as HK, but I could be wrong.

Blaze and Hot Knife are definitely not the same thing.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-28-2010, 10:11 PM)Grant D Wrote: Report back after using it for a while and let us know if you still have that opinion. I used a couple gallons of it for OP and didn't think it worked as well as encap green for padding. Seemed to work comparable to quantum green with OP.

I have lately been using it as a booster for my Peroxcellent at 1-2 oz/gal.

That is interesting Grant... Did you test "Side by Side" on the same carpet with the same dilution ratios and check the carpet after drying?

Encap GREEN will have better anti-wicking qualities and foam more, but as for cleaning, Dirt Assassin GREEN should win easily on the nasty ones and also has more deodorizing qualities.

When you do a side by side test and one product foams more than the other it might "appear" to be cleaning better... The tiny bubbles can take awhile to completely dissipate, so it is important to check the carpet after drying for a true comparison.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
In my experience(so far) Dirt Assasin Green did a better job for me than Encap Green, although I haven't used a ton of Encap Green. I actually like that DAG doesn't foam. I have a 40gal tank in the back of my van. When I'am filling my sprayer(s) on site I like that I can get them full without foam pouring over the top before they are actually full of chem. I still have a bunch of Surround Green and I have been going back and forth tring to decide which I like better. If hard pressed I would say at this point that Dirt Assasin Green has the advantage. I would say DAG is at 2-3oz per gal what Surround Green is at 4oz per gal. Dirt Assasin Green at 6oz per gallon is very impressive on filthy CGL. Using more than 6 oz per gal of Surround Green seems like shooting yourself in the foot. It gets to "slick" and it seems not to clean as well as a lower dilution.
I clean a nasty Chinese Restuarant every 2 months with Surround Green at 4oz per gal spiked with 2oz per gallon of Spot and Boost with good results. Next time I clean it in Nov I should do a side by side and see what happens. I do like that Surround Green has Soil Resist Agents in it as well as Acid Dye resistors, but Surround has never given me over $100.00 of free chem for buying stuff I'am gonna use anyway, where VacAway will. So far Advantage DAG
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I also agree that foaming action can mislead you and cause you to clean too fast. It seems that most people do prefer foaming chems though. I must be the odd one out in that respect.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
To me the foaming means more lubrication under your pads or brushes.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2010, 08:30 PM)Enviro-Dry Wrote: I also agree that foaming action can mislead you and cause you to clean too fast. It seems that most people do prefer foaming chems though. I must be the odd one out in that respect.

I prefer lower foam myself; especially when padding or bonneting. Too much foam will interfere with pad absorption... one must reach a "happy medium" for all around best results.

Also a high amount of foam in non-encap products usually means a "Sticky" surfactant or soap is abundantly present.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2010, 04:39 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: That is interesting Grant... Did you test "Side by Side" on the same carpet with the same dilution ratios and check the carpet after drying?

Encap GREEN will have better anti-wicking qualities and foam more, but as for cleaning, Dirt Assassin GREEN should win easily on the nasty ones and also has more deodorizing qualities.

When you do a side by side test and one product foams more than the other it might "appear" to be cleaning better... The tiny bubbles can take awhile to completely dissipate, so it is important to check the carpet after drying for a true comparison.

My testing wasn't very scientific so take it with a grain of salt. I just used 2 gallons of solution the way I normally use encap green, so I used it on all my jobs for about 2 weeks. Just didn't seem to work as well as the encap green. I don't have the luxury of getting to go back when carpet is dry and see how it turned out. I just do my thing, collect check, and leave. The pads were coming off dark so I was picking up plenty of dirt. I was also under the impression that maybe more total soil would be removed with encap green due to superior encapsulation properties for the soil not removed by pads?

I still have 1 1/2 gallons of it so I might have to give it another chance. It would be nice to be able to use one chem for hwe and OP.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2010, 03:53 PM)Grant D Wrote: My testing wasn't very scientific so take it with a grain of salt. I just used 2 gallons of solution the way I normally use encap green, so I used it on all my jobs for about 2 weeks. Just didn't seem to work as well as the encap green. I don't have the luxury of getting to go back when carpet is dry and see how it turned out. I just do my thing, collect check, and leave. The pads were coming off dark so I was picking up plenty of dirt. I was also under the impression that maybe more total soil would be removed with encap green due to superior encapsulation properties for the soil not removed by pads?

I still have 1 1/2 gallons of it so I might have to give it another chance. It would be nice to be able to use one chem for hwe and OP.

Encap GREEN does have more excess polymer and thus more ability to crystallize and vacuum away easier, so if you are relying more on encapsulation it should be your choice.

However, when using pads you are relying more on absorption than encapsulation. DAG will also vacuum up, but doesn't have excess polymer... just enough to release from the fiber.

DAG is an excellent choice as a multi-method product. Using, DAG the way you are, as a booster is also a good way to use it. You can use it to boost your Encap GREEN on the really nasty ones too Grant.

You should stick with what you think is best for you and your situations... You won't be wrong either way!
Reply }}
Thanks given by: