Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practical porty for upholstery
What do you consider a practical portable machine for cleaning upholstery and also for spotting??

For years I've been looking for one that has 250psi, twin vac; motors, auto fill & auto empty.

One that has a minimal solution tank, (due to auto fill), and also has only a small waste tank, (due to auto empty).

So far my quest has been in vain, thank Gawd for VLM & the Hos/Cyclo/Makita combination. thanks

Can someone advise me if there is something out there, or will PigsFly

Ta,

Shorty. Angel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Hm, you might try the rotovac CFX. It has a af/ad it is pretty light.
I think 39lbs. The dirty water will only hold mabe 1 1/2 gals before
it starts pumping out. I have one and it works great. I use it for water extractions when I get the call to pump out water. I've also used it with a 360 and the DHX wands.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Hey Shorty! I always liked lower PSI, 60-75 PSI. Much more and it seems to get too messy. Same with vacuum, too much can be a negative. Pulls fibers and can lock down and split of fabric that become weaker when wet.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yo! Shorty! Good to see you, here!

I use an older version of this

[Image: EZ_SPOT_CLEANING_SOFA.jpg]

from JonDon EZ Spot Extractor, after I prescrub with the HOS Micro (Cyclo Polisher). I follow the extraction with a Ryobi Orbital, or Hand Bonnet. Ive been pretty happy with results with relying on my Chemical and Agitation over Time and Temperature (TACT).
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2011, 09:44 PM)Richardc Wrote: Hey Shorty! I always liked lower PSI, 60-75 PSI. Much more and it seems to get too messy. Same with vacuum, too much can be a negative. Pulls fibers and can lock down and split of fabric that become weaker when wet.

Good post rich, thanks. I've been wanting a small machine for a while and always figured more was better. Didn't think too much vacuum was a bad thing
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shorty,

I like the Mytee Lite II.

Works really well for me.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys for the replies.

As yet, I haven't had a problem with fiber distortion etc; probably because I do adjust pressure down as required for different fabrics.

I have the CFX, also the docking station.

As you know the CFX just runs with whatever the water supply is.

One bug I have found with it is, (being in the tropics I wear shorts all year round), the little locating lugs, two on each side, tear the heck out of my lovely tender legs.

Customers don't like seeing blood on their carpets. Dodgy

I have also found it doesn't like foam. Sad

Usually a "bubble buster" will sort this out, but I have had water blowing out the exhaust. Blush

I have also changed the plumbing on the docking station by adding a tee piece to the water pipe from the solution tank to the pump.

This connects to a pipe that is cable tied to the solution pressure pipe.

I have a valve at the end, this allows me to manually dump any remaining fresh water that is still in the tank rather than vacuuming it out.

I have also added a Dema vale at the top which gives me auto fill.

I also have an old (at least 15 years) Bridgepoint spotter, very similar to the Jon Don one.

I just replace the vac; for the first time a month ago.

I use this also for upholstery as well as spotting and urine removal.

Idea TIP::: I always get good life out of my vacuum motors by removing the waste tank lid and running the vacs; for about 3 minutes after each job.

This dries out any moisture in the cabinet and any that may be in the motors.

Upholstery tools I use are the Sapphire, an Aussie made one, also an old Hi Dry stainless steel.

I also still have my original DriMaster, sold off the new one, plus I have an assortment of other tools that are only used occasionally.

I do intend getting a Hydrokinetic one of these days. Violin

I guess I just want something that most manufacturers don't see as practical. Huh Bang Head

Mytee has one that I am very interested in, (with some modsWink ;-)

[Image: t-1665.jpg]

Thanks again.

Shorty.

PS::: & thanks for the welcomes. happy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shorty,

That's the Mytee unit I own.[/align]

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
For straight upholstery, stairs, little "claw jobs", and spotting the Mytee Lite cannot be beat IMO? The only drawback I can think of is the waste tank emptying? Not sure, but I think you have to tip the whole machine to empty the tank? Maybe D can shed some light here? Pics?

I have almost bought one (Mytee Lite) about 10 times but keep resisting LOL!

I have and use the Mytee Air Hog but like Chavez said, it's a little too much vac and clamps on to the upholstery?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah, dumping the waste tank can be hassle. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

In hindsight I should have bought it used. I paid internet pricing, but I see them used pretty often.

(10-21-2011, 06:42 PM)Lefty724 Wrote: For straight upholstery, stairs, little "claw jobs", and spotting the Mytee Lite cannot be beat IMO? The only drawback I can think of is the waste tank emptying? Not sure, but I think you have to tip the whole machine to empty the tank? Maybe D can shed some light here? Pics?

I have almost bought one (Mytee Lite) about 10 times but keep resisting LOL!

I have and use the Mytee Air Hog but like Chavez said, it's a little too much vac and clamps on to the upholstery?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2011, 08:32 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Yeah, dumping the waste tank can be hassle. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

That right there just talked me outta buying one. My older JonDon Spotter's waste tank disengages from the main body and is easily carried and dumped. I thought Mytee thought of everything?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2011, 08:53 PM)Marc Imbesi Wrote:
(10-21-2011, 08:32 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Yeah, dumping the waste tank can be hassle. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

That right there just talked me outta buying one. My older JonDon Spotter's waste tank disengages from the main body and is easily carried and dumped. I thought Mytee thought of everything?

Ya probably the main reason I haven't bought one?

Now, if my air hog could have a adjustable 50-500 psi pump we would be somewhere????

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The make in line vacuum relief's so you can bleed off a little of the suction and not be as aggressive on upholstery. You can also use a fiberglass window screen (looks and feels like plastic) it will allow you to clean delicate fabrics and not put too much stress in worn areas.

Good old fashion horse hair brushes and sea sponges work pretty good on anything too delicate for HWE. Use some of Steve's chem's and agitate in with brushes and towel off.

Dries fast and looks really good!
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Actually,

Dumping the waste tank is really easy. You disengage the waste tank and it pours right out. Kind of like a tea pot.

It's if you have water remaining in the fresh water tank that you have to contend with. In that case you to turn it upside down. Not a huge ordeal I guess.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2011, 02:58 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Actually,

Dumping the waste tank is really easy. You disengage the waste tank and it pours right out. Kind of like a tea pot.

It's if you have water remaining in the fresh water tank that you have to contend with. In that case you to turn it upside down. Not a huge ordeal I guess.

Thanks for the clarification, Dude!

I just clean my microfiber sofa, yesterday cause my 14.5 y/o Yorkie pee peed on an attached cushion during a nap. I presprayed area with Quat-A-Lot and injected into cushion, let dwell and water clawed out with my JonDon Spotter. Presprayed w/Peroxcellent boosted w/SnBGreen. Aggitated with horsehair brush. Rinsed and extracted with water and JonDon Spotter and plenty of dry strokes. Finally toweled off with a few hand bonnets. Dried w/ mini Blue Blower. This morning it was a little crunchy, but vacuumed out nicely with brush attachment.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Okay, so I must be getting frugal in my older age. Blush

I have this slightly older machine in my shed that was made for auto detailers, 100psi, 2 x vacs; manual fill and empty.

Hardly used it due to the restrictions with waste and solution hook-ups.

So I modified it. Rolleyes

Cut off a short pvc pipe and glued it into the vac; hole and glued the sliding lock.

Replaced the solution quick release with a standard one.

Tried it with my Sapphire upholstery tool, BEAUTIFUL. Good Job

Here's a pic of the ugly duck.

[Image: ShaneWatersParonella037.jpg]

Naturally, when I do bulk upholstery, the tm or large porty will come into use.

I've also had a beef (complaint) with my spotter.

I replaced the vac; motor recently as it started to drop rust on the floor. Yikes

Thought what may happen if the rust had of been sparks. YikesYikesYikes

So I put it on a simple dolly, makes it so much easier to roll around.

Another couple of pics.

[Image: ShaneWatersParonella041.jpg]

[Image: ShaneWatersParonella042.jpg]

As most of my customers are at work when I do the job, looks are not important.

They do the job and make it easier for me.

Shorty down under.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2011, 03:15 AM)Shortydownunder Wrote: Thanks guys for the replies.

As yet, I haven't had a problem with fiber distortion etc; probably because I do adjust pressure down as required for different fabrics.

I have the CFX, also the docking station.

As you know the CFX just runs with whatever the water supply is.

One bug I have found with it is, (being in the tropics I wear shorts all year round), the little locating lugs, two on each side, tear the heck out of my lovely tender legs.

Customers don't like seeing blood on their carpets. Dodgy

I have also found it doesn't like foam. Sad

Usually a "bubble buster" will sort this out, but I have had water blowing out the exhaust. Blush

I have also changed the plumbing on the docking station by adding a tee piece to the water pipe from the solution tank to the pump.

This connects to a pipe that is cable tied to the solution pressure pipe.

I have a valve at the end, this allows me to manually dump any remaining fresh water that is still in the tank rather than vacuuming it out.

I have also added a Dema vale at the top which gives me auto fill.

I also have an old (at least 15 years) Bridgepoint spotter, very similar to the Jon Don one.

I just replace the vac; for the first time a month ago.

I use this also for upholstery as well as spotting and urine removal.

Idea TIP::: I always get good life out of my vacuum motors by removing the waste tank lid and running the vacs; for about 3 minutes after each job.

This dries out any moisture in the cabinet and any that may be in the motors.

Upholstery tools I use are the Sapphire, an Aussie made one, also an old Hi Dry stainless steel.

I also still have my original DriMaster, sold off the new one, plus I have an assortment of other tools that are only used occasionally.

I do intend getting a Hydrokinetic one of these days. Violin

I guess I just want something that most manufacturers don't see as practical. Huh Bang Head

Mytee has one that I am very interested in, (with some modsWink ;-)

[Image: t-1665.jpg]

Thanks again.

Shorty.

PS::: & thanks for the welcomes. happy

I'll have to remember that tip my mytee lite just started smoking time for a new motor. bought it used for a quarter of the retail price so i cant complain. It's getting moved to the tech van anyway I have my jaguar truckmount now in my truck Big Grin.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have a little 2 gallon Sardina that does a good job. 50psi is a little weak. My old Ninja was 150psi and would blast off goo on Upholstery. Miss that power but that would be hard to find in a tiny machine.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Has anyone here used the Mytee Tempo for upholstery cleaning? If so, what do you think about it? http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=s300
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-21-2012, 01:02 AM)CleaningGreen Wrote: Has anyone here used the Mytee Tempo for upholstery cleaning? If so, what do you think about it? http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=s300

I think that 1 1/2 gallon capacity would make it a PITA to clean uph with. You'd be better off with the Jondon ez spotter. The capacity isn't much better but it's only a little more to buy and you could clean a lightly soiled sofa with it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: