Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOS Orbot Sucks Cynthia Rocks
I gotta say I wish I could take this machine and get a refund minus steves cut. You call these people they never pick up. You leave a message and they never return a freakin phone call EVER. I am so glad I bought the machine through steve or I would never be able to get any warranty service for it. The hinges suck the paint is freakin flaking off in chunks I have rust developing on it. Hey HOS I think you sent me a lemon not that you ever listen. I have to have cynthia call them or they would never do anything. I should of freakin bought an easy glide. I have a conqueror I bought used beat to crap the paint is still cherry no rust anywhere and that is my tile machine. They tell cynthia I never called or left a message but still no phone call or email to me so nice you care about your customers HOS.
}}
Thanks given by:
Yikes

That is so odd about the paint neither of ours has the paint peeling.

Do you guys that have the paint problems leave them on the truck?
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

}}
Thanks given by:
I've emailed them before and they never reply back.

I am more than certain that HOS does not care about its owner/operator customers, just the big accounts.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
}}
Thanks given by:
Mr. Chavez sir,

Why would it matter about leaving the "Orbot" or any OP machine on the truck sir? Just wandering for when I get one in the future.
Thank you.

Curtis
}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 05:01 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I've emailed them before and they never reply back.

I am more than certain that HOS does not care about its owner/operator customers, just the big accounts.

I agree...no paint problems, here, but I dont use mine as much as some others, and it sits in my garage...

...I probably will make a change after I pick up some steam...or should I say momentum since I OP?....lol

Steve,

What is Vacaway doing/saying to HOS about our gripes? Are you looking into dumping them?
}}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Mr. Chavez sir,

Why would it matter about leaving the "Orbot" or any OP machine on the truck sir? Just wandering for when I get one in the future.
Thank you.
Not for sure but was wondering if moisture or high humidity would have anything to do with it?

}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 05:23 PM)Richardc Wrote:

Thank you.
Not for sure but was wondering if moisture or high humidity would have anything to do with it?

I have a conqueror that is way older and was bought used and abused has scratches but they do not rust and it sits in the van outside. the rust is developing under the paint and the paint is falling off. This is a lemon the hinges are way too weak for daily cleaning and they lose their curve. I wish I never bought this thing. If humidity did it all the paint down here would be peeling off the cars lol. I want to add steve and cynthia are always awesome and have the highest customer service HOS needs to take a page from their manual. I am just glad it is not a running issue or I would be screwed. In are business down time is lost money and I am very scared if this machine ever stops working just how screwed I am.
}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 05:34 PM)chrissalter Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 05:23 PM)Richardc Wrote:

Thank you.

I have a conqueror that is way older and was bought used and abused has scratches but they do not rust and it sits in the van outside. the rust is developing under the paint and the paint is falling off. This is a lemon the hinges are way too weak for daily cleaning and they lose their curve. I wish I never bought this thing. If humidity did it all the paint down here would be peeling off the cars lol. I want to add steve and cynthia are always awesome and have the highest customer service HOS needs to take a page from their manual. I am just glad it is not a running issue or I would be screwed. In are business down time is lost money and I am very scared if this machine ever stops working just how screwed I am.

Here is the truly sad part cynthia TALKED to HOS earlier today about my problem and not one phone call has been placed to me by them. They are aware of my problem and do not care what does this say about this company.
}}
Thanks given by:
Chris, please keep us posted.
}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 06:28 PM)Marc Imbesi Wrote: Chris, please keep us posted.

Ok it is 7:31 eastern time here and only 4:31 in california where HOS is and they still cannot pick up a phone and type an email even though they are open just not answering the phone. I guess they give a special hotline number when you purchase a certain number of machines and they give us single purchasers a bogus 1980's number to a freakin answering machine in the attic.
}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 06:32 PM)chrissalter Wrote:

Ok it is 7:31 eastern time here and only 4:31 in california where HOS is and they still cannot pick up a phone and type an email even though they are open just not answering the phone. I guess they give a special hotline number when you purchase a certain number of machines and they give us single purchasers a bogus 1980's number to a freakin answering machine in the attic.

Wait Wait they FREAKIN ANASWERED the phone wife is talking to them now. My wife told them who we were and the girl knew who we were and no answer as to why they have not called yet and they put her on hold wooohooooo.
}}
Thanks given by:
I've used my Orbot for 2 years and I've had zero issues with it. My paint looks fine, but my hinges are starting to get a bit loose; but I can fix those myself when I stop being lazy about it. I've personally never talked to anyone at HOS before, so I can't comment on them. I LOVE my Orbot.
}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 06:40 PM)chrissalter Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 06:32 PM)chrissalter Wrote:

Wait Wait they FREAKIN ANASWERED the phone wife is talking to them now. My wife told them who we were and the girl knew who we were and no answer as to why they have not called yet and they put her on hold wooohooooo.

ok he wants pictures says he will replace parts blames the rusting on humidity? so sounds like they are not applying a clear coat. And he said that steve was not a distributor anymore is that true steve?
}}
Thanks given by:
I must admit, HOS Orbot is a good machine and I never had any problems with mine, but their customer service does SUCK. Here in California they have a distributor name Waxie and they do not know anything about the machine. If you call them, they have no clue and will get your number so someone can call you back. I ended up buying my machine from Excellent Supply. I would of bought it from Steve in a hart beat but I wasn't aware of Vacaway back then.
Danny Guerra
All Green Floor & Carpet Care
Carpet Cleaning Palmdale Ca
http://www.allgreencare.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/allgreencare

“Optimists are those who go after Moby dick in a row boat with a bucket of tarter sauce.” Zig Ziglar

}}
Thanks given by:
I like the Orbot as well, but customer service is important. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so if something goes wrong or if I need a part I'll need some support.

Waxie is who I am forced to deal with here in Las Vegas as well. The people at the location here are nice enough, but they aren't focused on the small business owner. They are geared towards large scale, institutional accounts.

I'm surprised that HOS/Hruby would be so narrow minded in their thinking given the number of independent owner/operators in this industry.

Customer service and long term support is one of the greatest things that John G. offers.

(11-02-2011, 07:05 PM)dnny777 Wrote: I must admit, HOS Orbot is a good machine and I never had any problems with mine, but their customer service does SUCK. Here in California they have a distributor name Waxie and they do not know anything about the machine. If you call them, they have no clue and will get your number so someone can call you back. I ended up buying my machine from Excellent Supply. I would of bought it from Steve in a hart beat but I wasn't aware of Vacaway back then.

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 07:26 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I like the Orbot as well, but customer service is important. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so if something goes wrong or if I need a part I'll need some support.

Waxie is who I am forced to deal with here in Las Vegas as well. The people at the location here are nice enough, but they aren't focused on the small business owner. They are geared towards large scale, institutional accounts.

I'm surprised that HOS/Hruby would be so narrow minded in their thinking given the number of independent owner/operators in this industry.

Customer service and long term support is one of the greatest things that John G. offers.

(11-02-2011, 07:05 PM)dnny777 Wrote: I must admit, HOS Orbot is a good machine and I never had any problems with mine, but their customer service does SUCK. Here in California they have a distributor name Waxie and they do not know anything about the machine. If you call them, they have no clue and will get your number so someone can call you back. I ended up buying my machine from Excellent Supply. I would of bought it from Steve in a hart beat but I wasn't aware of Vacaway back then.

True even if I bump heads with john at least if I have a problem I can yell at the owner Tongue. I like this also about vacaway although I never have had a problem and steve entertains my nutty ideas.
}}
Thanks given by:
We've never had any trouble contacting them. The couple of times we needed parts or trouble shooting the were always fast with shipping. Maybe supply hasn't caught up with demand? I was disappointed in that we broke the pad driver on each of our machines. However we had been storing it with the head up not down.

Hopefully they take care of you, it was quite an investment. Even if you only own one you deserve to be treated right.

}}
Thanks given by:
Richard,

Did you buy your machines directly from HOS?

(11-02-2011, 08:03 PM)Richardc Wrote: We've never had any trouble contacting them. The couple of times we needed parts or trouble shooting the were always fast with shipping. Maybe supply hasn't caught up with demand? I was disappointed in that we broke the pad driver on each of our machines. However we had been storing it with the head up not down.

Hopefully they take care of you, it was quite an investment. Even if you only own one you deserve to be treated right.

}}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2011, 08:03 PM)Richardc Wrote: However we had been storing it with the head up not down.

Oh really? Never was told, advised in literature. I always store with head flipped up.....I'll be back.....

}}
Thanks given by:
If humid is an issue, why are they sold as carpet cleaners?

}}
Thanks given by: