Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEO
Do you guys find that paying for SEO is worth it? For those on the google 1st page, how many jobs per week do you get from being on the the 1st page? My hosting company is wanting to charge my for doing some SEO work but I don't want to spend the money if there is really no return for doing so. Do you think 1st page is worth it?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes, it is absolutely worth it. Being seen on Google is one the most important things to do as far as marketing is concerned.

I get calls and jobs regularly from Google.

Do not hesitate and get yourself ranked right away.

I would however caution you and say to look for someone that knows what they're doing. I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a guy that did it for a flat rate. Easy terms, easy to work with and I am happy.

I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We pay for SEO but I can't say I've seen any tangible results. Still hanging in there, maybe given some time.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dude,

Could you email me his contact info?

(11-17-2011, 03:23 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Yes, it is absolutely worth it. Being seen on Google is one the most important things to do as far as marketing is concerned.

I get calls and jobs regularly from Google.

Do not hesitate and get yourself ranked right away.

I would however caution you and say to look for someone that knows what they're doing. I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a guy that did it for a flat rate. Easy terms, easy to work with and I am happy.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
SEO is funny...

You need to be on Google.....PLACES first...Then after that to take up spots on the first page.

If you're not first on Google Places...You need to have as many reviews as possible to stand out...those little yellow stars really attract the eyeball.

Most people won't make it to your website...They'll see the Google link and call from there....Or if you're in the organic listings...Have your phone number in the description line so they can call you from there.

Again...SEO is funny.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You are sometimes better off to be a part of the larger websites like Angies List, Yelp etc.

I wouldn't say pay too much for them...But get the free listings and get reviews.

I pay less than $100 for Angies List to get to the top (actually my Sacramento guy pays it).

But the Angies Lists A ratings are the decision makers once they actually see the listing.

So yes.....You still need to do quality work....Because the female homeowner is getting savvy.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
$100.00 a month or annually?

(11-23-2011, 10:05 AM)Brian R Wrote: You are sometimes better off to be a part of the larger websites like Angies List, Yelp etc.

I wouldn't say pay too much for them...But get the free listings and get reviews.

I pay less than $100 for Angies List to get to the top (actually my Sacramento guy pays it).

But the Angies Lists A ratings are the decision makers once they actually see the listing.

So yes.....You still need to do quality work....Because the female homeowner is getting savvy.

I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Monthly for Angies List (I think it's around $90)....Which is one of the best prices around for what you get out of it.

But the free listing works well too.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-17-2011, 02:42 AM)Chris1 Wrote: Do you guys find that paying for SEO is worth it? For those on the google 1st page, how many jobs per week do you get from being on the the 1st page? My hosting company is wanting to charge my for doing some SEO work but I don't want to spend the money if there is really no return for doing so. Do you think 1st page is worth it?

There are a lot of SO CALLED SEO experts. I mean A LOT. Three years ago when I finally had a website built, I paid a guy $600 a month for 9 months. He never got me past the 2nd page. It was probably the best thing that could have happened as it forced me that winter to learn it myself. We now have the #1 organic and #1 map listing for my city. Also two other high ranking sites (Pressure washing #1 & Gutter cleaning #4)

Sorry, to answer your question. After achieving the #1 position, every month last year from March was record breaking. We've blown those numbers out of the water this year.

(11-27-2011, 12:13 AM)Brian R Wrote: Monthly for Angies List (I think it's around $90)....Which is one of the best prices around for what you get out of it.

But the free listing works well too.

I pay $160 a month (yearly contract) for angieslist (window cleaning) - I imagine carpet cleaning will be the same and it's measured by size of city. We were behind in reviews until this year, once I started paying my listing went up to the top (paying company's automatically get first page placement verses whoever has more reviews)

My opinion if the leader in reviews for your city isn't too far ahead, it's well worth paying the money. There are several things you can do once you're a paying customer to catch them.
Justin
Reply }}
Thanks given by: