Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRB Machines
Following on from Joe's experiment thread, I have some questions.

You guys have got me completely stumped with these CRB machines.

I know absolutely nothing about them, never seen many down under and I don't think any where I live.

Having said that, this post has piqued my interest in them again as I do have an ancient Host machine.

I bought this machine cheap when I was cleaning more rugs, since I slowed down, the machines has been relegated to "the shed".

[Image: Surplus026.jpg]

[Image: Surplus027.jpg]

I have only ever used this with dry compound powder cleaning.

As you can see, there is no vacuum attached.

Questions:

Is it suitable for wet scrubbing.??

In which way would you use it to remove hair from carpet.??

Thanks,

Shorty.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2012, 04:09 PM)Shortydownunder Wrote: Following on from Joe's experiment thread, I have some questions.

I know absolutely nothing about them, never seen many down under and I don't think any where I live.

Having said that, this post has piqued my interest in them again as I do have an ancient Host machine.

I bought this machine cheap when I was cleaning more rugs, since I slowed down, the machines has been relegated to "the shed".

Questions:

Thanks,

Shorty.

I would like to know if anyone has used the windsor icap crb ...think its same as the pro chem machine...would this machine be sufficient for a pre scrub or a post grooming machine...not as stand alone. I know most talk about the brush and clean machines...but the windsor is alot cheaper....or is that cause its cheap!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2012, 05:39 PM)joelhall Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 04:09 PM)Shortydownunder Wrote: Following on from Joe's experiment thread, I have some questions.

Questions:

Thanks,

Shorty.

I would like to know if anyone has used the windsor icap crb ...think its same as the pro chem machine...would this machine be sufficient for a pre scrub or a post grooming machine...not as stand alone. I know most talk about the brush and clean machines...but the windsor is alot cheaper....or is that cause its cheap!
It is a plastic toy compared to the brush and clean. The host machine is built better then the Icap.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I realise the Host is a plastic toy, I would dearly have loved to get a Whittaker, but when I was looking they were not made in 240 volt that we use down under.

I am sort of familiar with the Pro-caps/I-caps machines, but that didn't appeal to me, as you say, toys for boys. Big Grin

C'est la vie.

Shorty.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shorty that host machine is a CRB, and a decent one when you match the right brush to the carpet. I have 4 brush sets for my host. The black brushes are the most aggressive so I would not use that on anything other than commercial carpet, berber, or PET.

I used to have a Procaps and found the host to be far superior to the procaps. I've never used the brush and clean/ TM models, but from what I hear they are a step up. The nice thing about those would be the collection trays.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The Pro caps machine is the biggest piece of S*** I have ever seen or used the host is much better machine matter a fact I dont think I have ever seen or used crb machine that isnt way better than the procaps machine. CRB machines are great tools They work great on lightly to medium soiled carpet in my opion as a stand alone machine. If you use them as a prescrub for any machine they work fantastic.
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info guys, I'll see if I can find some brushes down my neck of the woods.

Probably have to go to the "Big Smoke" to get any. Sad

I'm heading off to Sydney for a one day course in a few weeks so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully bring some other brushes back with me.

thanks

Shorty.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shorty,

The brushes that you are showing appear to be fairly agressive, however, you can always try using them as a pre-scrub on wet carpet for sure as was mentioned with burbor, cgd, etc just to "see" for yourself... I wouldn't hesitate to use them on any wetted carpet, BUT, I would pay attention to make sure they weren't too agressive.... then get a softer brush once you see the benefit to your situation.

As far as hair removal... you will see for yourself :-).. without renovator (capture) trays, the debris that it brings up will be all right there to see for yourself on the carpet.

I used a really old host brush machine to pre-scrub prior to HWE and found it did fine with the wet scrub... if the spray dwells a bit (soaks in) on the fiber, usually not a lot is "flung" around by the brushes and the shielded bottom keeps the dampness off the motor, etc.

Coby Gibson
formerly: www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We have a Host machine too Shorty, while it does a decent job when used as Coby mentioned I think the CRB's that are being discussed are much better machines. They are larger in size and more aggressive than the Host machine.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
As usual, I am the odd man out. I have a ProCaps machine and have never had a problem with it. It may explode today, but it has been very dependable and does a really good job for me. Huh
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm surprised you like the Procaps Joe.

It seems like a toy in comparison as far as the build, I think it's a little too light in use. Not sure how well it works on residential carpet but it hops around on commercial not making good contact all the time.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shorty,
That's one rugged looking CRB machine. Do you have several brushes that you use according to the carpet? I have a Whittaker CRB and have 3 different sets of brushes from soft to stiff.
Danny Guerra
All Green Floor & Carpet Care
Carpet Cleaning Palmdale Ca
www.allgreencare.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/allgreencare

“Optimists are those who go after Moby dick in a row boat with a bucket of tarter sauce.” Zig Ziglar

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2012, 11:50 AM)Richardc Wrote: I'm surprised you like the Procaps Joe.

It seems like a toy in comparison as far as the build, I think it's a little too light in use. Not sure how well it works on residential carpet but it hops around on commercial not making good contact all the time.

Don't know Rich. Mine has the spray system with it and the machine is pretty heavy to lift. Hasn't give any trouble yet. Had it a couple of years.

If I was gonna buy a new CRB, I would definitely get the 15 inch Hybrid like Chris Johnson has.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2012, 03:39 PM)Joe G Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 11:50 AM)Richardc Wrote: I'm surprised you like the Procaps Joe.

Don't know Rich. Mine has the spray system with it and the machine is pretty heavy to lift. Hasn't give any trouble yet. Had it a couple of years.

If I was gonna buy a new CRB, I would definitely get the 15 inch Hybrid like Chris Johnson has.

My dad's been using his procaps machine for a few years now, and has never had an issue with it. He uses it to work in the prespray for nasties...

Reply }}
Thanks given by: