Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally got to see the Trinity in action.
Bonny Joy Geurkink came to Nashville yesterday to show off the Trinity.

John, Curtis Huddleston, a couple of local cleaners, and me cleaned a very, very nasty moveout apartment yesterday with the Trinity,

There was a bunch pf paint and other crap everywhere on a heavily impacted cut pile olefin. It was the type of job that I would have turned down. Due to the extreme soiling of this particular carpet, it took awhile to make it acceptable, but I was very impressed that it turned out as well as it did.

Congrats to John, he really has a fantastic winning machine! If I was still cleaning carpet these days, I would have bought one on the spot!
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What cleaning juice was used Steve? I'm waiting for the arrival of my brand new Trinity as we speak and can't wait to put it to good use. I ask about the juice since I know the Trinity can agitate the carpet with more friction and may need less RTU.

Thanks
Danny Guerra
All Green Floor & Carpet Care
Carpet Cleaning Palmdale Ca
www.allgreencare.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/allgreencare

“Optimists are those who go after Moby dick in a row boat with a bucket of tarter sauce.” Zig Ziglar

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-14-2012, 04:27 PM)Danny Wrote: What cleaning juice was used Steve? I'm waiting for the arrival of my brand new Trinity as we speak and can't wait to put it to good use. I ask about the juice since I know the Trinity can agitate the carpet with more friction and may need less RTU.

Thanks

John was using come combination of PadCapPro and Blaze.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
After talking to John yesterday and doing my own test, I spoke to Darrin Hickman last night on ProCleaners about the apartment you folks did.... copied this from Padderland:

"OK, so I don't have guts, I'll admit it, BUT I really wanted at first to try my T/G brushes on carpet (restaurant) and then my driver brushes. Now, since I'm just a carpet cleaner and John G. is a the big money manufacturer, I figured it would only be fair for him to try it first....never seemed to happen, UNTIL John G. was blessed with a little pressure :-). YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWW! Super cool stuff!

I spoke to John G. on his way back to Kentucky and he related his experience... so out came my Trinity for the first test on my home (soft, plush, light twist cheapo carpet) with the driver brushes only... and it didn't eat it (not easy on it, though)... then today on a typical Alaska home carpet salvage I got to really play. Restaurant grease here we come?!?"

Darrin is a first class 'ole southerner that really knows how to pull a guy's chain from the sounds of it.... with awesome results!

No, this won't be a needed option on most of what is cleaned, but WOW! today's carpet was amazing... video doesn't do it justice, but you can see the gallons of cat/dog remainders when I started... YEARS of dog pee/poop and cat urine galore in areas. Odor was 90% reduced prior to leaving (cat & dog odor that smelled from the sidewalk entry) and man I was blown away with the results for the effort.
Coby Gibson
formerly: www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nice Coby!

Do you always prespray, then use the on board spray system for more chem?
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Extreme situations need extreme agitation.

Coby, you should seen Johns eyes light up after he made a couple of passes with the driver brush only. Yikes

Priceless!Beer

The reason I suggested John give it a try is because before I stopped doing restaurants, I would use a rotary with the driver brush only on bad one... similar driver brush. Wayne Miller still uses one on a rotary when necessary.

It works even better on an OP... it really made the olefin fibers stand up when the other pads would not. Makes a huge difference on a salvage job, but it is only for the brave at heart to try. LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Wow!!! nice job. Is John going to connections? Maybe he'll have a deal of
some sort to purchase the machine.taptap
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Man I loved it, learning something new everyday, thanks Steve.

Coby, that baby really has lifting power, blew me away.

Nick, I am only going to VISIT connetions in florida for one day, then go see SF at Ricks , then have a large show in Bradenton the following Monday.
Padding for Profit since '74
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Like Steve said, on salvage jobs it's amazing.

I've got an old, worn out wooden base pad driver with stiff nylon bristles. I heard about it years ago and thought you'd have to be insane to use something that aggressive. About the time it stopped gripping bonnets I started experimenting with it on the absolute worst olefin apartment carpet I've ever seen. It would ugly out in less than three months and nothing made a dent in this stuff. Chemicals, bonnets, bath mats, brushes...nothing.

There's nothing like it for nasty, uglied-out cut pile carpet....especially on olefin and polyester. It's night and day. And, like in the video, it can pull out dead nap and pet hair, although I seldom pull out piles like in the video. It does a great job brushing out and restoring badly matted, impacted pile.

And, talk about resurrecting filthy, beat up, uglied-out steps.....

I don't use it on level loop or berber. I have a regular soft bristled brush for those. I used it cautiously on frieze. Well, I always use it cautiously, but it's never caused a problem and always works like a champ.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We used the old driver plates on nasties all the time. Especially that super hard stuff that would stand up for nothin.

Under a matador it really made a difference that bonnets and scrub brushes couldn't make.

I thought everyone did it. LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2012, 08:42 AM)Brian R Wrote: We used the old driver plates on nasties all the time. Especially that super hard stuff that would stand up for nothin.

Under a matador it really made a difference that bonnets and scrub brushes couldn't make.

I thought everyone did it. LOL

We're never too old or too experienced to learn something new every day.
Danny Guerra
www.allgreencare.com

“Optimists are those who go after Moby dick in a row boat with a bucket of tarter sauce.” Zig Ziglar

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian "I thought everyone did it"....

Hmmmmmm, what other secrets lie hidden in the back corners of your carpet cleaning brain...

Coby
Coby Gibson
formerly: www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Danny, congrats on your purchase!

(04-14-2012, 04:27 PM)Danny Wrote: What cleaning juice was used Steve? I'm waiting for the arrival of my brand new Trinity as we speak and can't wait to put it to good use. I ask about the juice since I know the Trinity can agitate the carpet with more friction and may need less RTU.

Thanks
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Cool clip, Coby.

Thanks for posting.

I have to say that these types of jobs always depress me. Knowing it'll never be 100% cleaned up, the overall existing conditions at arrival, etc. really bums me out.

(04-14-2012, 10:53 PM)Coby Wrote: After talking to John yesterday and doing my own test, I spoke to Darrin Hickman last night on ProCleaners about the apartment you folks did.... copied this from Padderland:

"OK, so I don't have guts, I'll admit it, BUT I really wanted at first to try my T/G brushes on carpet (restaurant) and then my driver brushes. Now, since I'm just a carpet cleaner and John G. is a the big money manufacturer, I figured it would only be fair for him to try it first....never seemed to happen, UNTIL John G. was blessed with a little pressure :-). YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWW! Super cool stuff!

I spoke to John G. on his way back to Kentucky and he related his experience... so out came my Trinity for the first test on my home (soft, plush, light twist cheapo carpet) with the driver brushes only... and it didn't eat it (not easy on it, though)... then today on a typical Alaska home carpet salvage I got to really play. Restaurant grease here we come?!?"

Darrin is a first class 'ole southerner that really knows how to pull a guy's chain from the sounds of it.... with awesome results!

No, this won't be a needed option on most of what is cleaned, but WOW! today's carpet was amazing... video doesn't do it justice, but you can see the gallons of cat/dog remainders when I started... YEARS of dog pee/poop and cat urine galore in areas. Odor was 90% reduced prior to leaving (cat & dog odor that smelled from the sidewalk entry) and man I was blown away with the results for the effort.

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2012, 08:23 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Danny, congrats on your purchase!

Thanks

Thanks Damon,
Once I get it and start doing a couple of jobs, I'll make sure to do a fair and balance cleaning comparison to the Orbot.
Danny Guerra
www.allgreencare.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
In a real world scenario, even with the Trinity, how much would you charge to clean a nasty like that considering the amount of solution and the time it takes to make that carpet look and smell semi-acceptable?

Just curious, because I have zero idea. That situation, I'd try to sell them new carpet through Pro Source and collect a commission.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2012, 09:43 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: In a real world scenario, even with the Trinity, how much would you charge to clean a nasty like that considering the amount of solution and the time it takes to make that carpet look and smell semi-acceptable?

Just curious, because I have zero idea. That situation, I'd try to sell them new carpet through Pro Source and collect a commission.

Coby will answer your question Damon, as for me I would probably charge my hourly rate of $75-$100 per hour.
Danny Guerra
www.allgreencare.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
That was Daryl's question.

(04-15-2012, 11:23 PM)Danny Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 09:43 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: In a real world scenario, even with the Trinity, how much would you charge to clean a nasty like that considering the amount of solution and the time it takes to make that carpet look and smell semi-acceptable?

Coby will answer your question Damon, as for me I would probably charge my hourly rate of $75-$100 per hour.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We'd be charging about .38/ft for clean + $30/gal RTU applied for urine application. However.... I would not be cleaning that at all...

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by: