Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEROXELLENT QUESTION
How long can I keep a container of peroxellent before it fizzes or goes stale. Does the Peroxcellent ingredient when mixed with water have a certain time limit for the oxy before it is used up?

I come home with extra solution left and I save it in a 5 gallon jug so I don't waste product. If the oxy part does fizz out can I add additional liquid peroxide to refresh the solution?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Jimmy, Steve is busy making snow flakes for this board.

Please ask one question at the time.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I too would like the answer to this Q

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've wandered this too.

Also, in my pepsi sprayers, when using Peroxcellent, my air pressure disappears. The rings/seals are all all good on them, they're not leaking air. But if I let the tank sit for a couple hours there's no air pressure left. Huh
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Does the Peroxcellent ingredient when mixed with water have a certain time limit for the oxy before it is used up? Yes, the limit will vary from location to location depending on the water... Hard water with a lot of trace minerals and especially TRACE METALS SUCH AS COPPER will cause the oxygen to be released much faster; in such a case you should use your mixed solution within a couple of days. In soft water areas it will last for a couple of weeks or more. Overall it is best to mix only what you expect to use for any given situation.

I come home with extra solution left and I save it in a 5 gallon jug so I don't waste product. If the oxy part does fizz out can I add additional liquid peroxide to refresh the solution? Sure

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2010, 01:22 AM)Brent Wrote: I've wandered this too.

Also, in my pepsi sprayers, when using Peroxcellent, my air pressure disappears. The rings/seals are all all good on them, they're not leaking air. But if I let the tank sit for a couple hours there's no air pressure left. Huh

I too use Pepsi sprayers, I keep a container mixed here to clean my own carpet and have never seen any loss in pressure over several days. Just before writing this, I just checked a Pepsi container that was mixed with Peroxcellent over two weeks ago and the container is still very pressurized.

There is no logical reason for a release of the oxygen in Peroxcellent to cause a loss in air pressure.. In fact the opposite is true. As oxygen is released, the air pressure might even rise slightly. Recheck all of your seals and o'rings.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Steve,
Is there a reason you don't (or maybe you do) sell a complete pepsi sprayer set up? Or have a relationship with another company that would or does sell them.

I'm a one shop stop kinda guy and that would be cool.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking my sprayborg set up that I put together...I'm just sayin.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2010, 05:29 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Does the Peroxcellent ingredient when mixed with water have a certain time limit for the oxy before it is used up? Yes, the limit will vary from location to location depending on the water... Hard water with a lot of trace minerals and especially TRACE METALS SUCH AS COPPER will cause the oxygen to be released much faster; in such a case you should use your mixed solution within a couple of days. In soft water areas it will last for a couple of weeks or more. Overall it is best to mix only what you expect to use for any given situation.

How would using reverse osmosis water compare to hard and soft water?
Brent

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2010, 10:01 AM)Brian R Wrote: Steve,
Is there a reason you don't (or maybe you do) sell a complete pepsi sprayer set up? Or have a relationship with another company that would or does sell them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking my sprayborg set up that I put together...I'm just sayin.

Yes, there are a few reasons I don't sell them...
1. Lack of time to set them up.
2. Lack of profit.
3. Hard for me to ship.
4. Lack of storage space here.
5. Lack of profit.
6. Lack of profit.
7. Did I mention I can't make enough money to make it worth my while?

They are easy to find and order... just search for homebrew equipment and look for the Cornelius (sp) beer kegs and parts. Then look at http://vacaway.com/tank/ and see how to make the connections. Much cheaper for you that way.

We don't try to be a supply all type company... The Best Non-Sticky chemicals are our primary focus and to venture too far from that might cause us to loose our laser focus... selling the Orbot is an exception to our focus.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2010, 10:07 AM)Brent Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 05:29 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Does the Peroxcellent ingredient when mixed with water have a certain time limit for the oxy before it is used up? Yes, the limit will vary from location to location depending on the water... Hard water with a lot of trace minerals and especially TRACE METALS SUCH AS COPPER will cause the oxygen to be released much faster; in such a case you should use your mixed solution within a couple of days. In soft water areas it will last for a couple of weeks or more. Overall it is best to mix only what you expect to use for any given situation.

How would using reverse osmosis water compare to hard and soft water?

I know nothing about reverse osmosis water Brent... As long it doesn't have any trace metals and the pH is still around 7, I can't see why it would be a problem... But really, I don't know anything about it... care to inform us as to what it is, does, and the pH?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Focus?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2010, 10:27 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 10:01 AM)Brian R Wrote: Steve,

Yes, there are a few reasons I don't sell them...
1. Lack of time to set them up.
2. Lack of profit.
3. Hard for me to ship.
4. Lack of storage space here.
5. Lack of profit.
6. Lack of profit.
7. Did I mention I can't make enough money to make it worth my while?

They are easy to find and order... just search for homebrew equipment and look for the Cornelius (sp) beer kegs and parts. Then look at http://vacaway.com/tank/ and see how to make the connections. Much cheaper for you that way.

We don't try to be a supply all type company... The Best Non-Sticky chemicals are our primary focus and to venture too far from that might cause us to loose our laser focus... selling the Orbot is an exception to our focus.

Makes sense to me...I wonder if you would make any money from it. Tongue

I can put one together but I'm lazy like that sometimes. I know a guy selling 4 cans and some parts for $250.00....I haven't looked at them but I like new...so if any dings or ugly, I wouldn't want them.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Speaking of an ugly ding, I see Pigchit stuck his snout in here. Tongue
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2010, 10:47 AM)Pigchip Wrote: Focus?

That's Hocus Focus to you PigBoyExclamation
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Isn't that by Krokus...or was it hocus pokus from focus?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It's just a filtering system really. I looked it up on Wikipedia 'cause I don't know how to explain it. We drink reverse osmosis water here because our tap water isn't very good. It's drinkable, but not many in town drink it. It basically takes all the SH*T outta' the water.

I picked out a few points that might give an idea of what it is.

"This process is best known for its use in desalination (removing the salt & other minerals from sea water to get fresh water), but since the early 1970s it has also been used to purify fresh water for medical, industrial, and domestic applications."
Drinking water purification
APPLICATIONS

Around the world, household drinking water purification systems, including a reverse osmosis step, are commonly used for improving water for drinking and cooking.

Such systems typically include a number of steps:

* a sediment filter to trap particles, including rust and calcium carbonate
* optionally, a second sediment filter with smaller pores
* an activated carbon filter to trap organic chemicals and chlorine, which will attack and degrade TFC reverse osmosis membranes
* a reverse osmosis (RO) filter, which is a thin film composite membrane (TFM or TFC)
* optionally, a second carbon filter to capture those chemicals not removed by the RO membrane
* optionally an ultra-violet lamp for disinfecting any microbes that may escape filtering by the reverse osmosis membrane
Water and wastewater purification

Rain water collected from storm drains is purified with reverse osmosis water processors and used for landscape irrigation and industrial cooling in Los Angeles and other cities, as a solution to the problem of water shortages.

In industry, reverse osmosis removes minerals from boiler water at power plants. The water is boiled and condensed repeatedly. It must be as pure as possible so that it does not leave deposits on the machinery or cause corrosion. The deposits inside or outside the boiler tubes may result in under-performance of the boiler, bringing down its efficiency and resulting in poor steam production, hence poor power production at turbine.
Brent

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Seems it would work fine Brent... ideally distilled water is the best for mixing peroxide; next best is purified.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: