Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greasy Restaurant?
Hey guys, have a pretty bad Italian restaurant to do this week. The owner has been using another company that was using a 175 and bonnets to clean? He has sworn off VLM...for now?

Now there are some pretty bad black traffic lanes and the whole place needs re-stretching. This is where I got the call. I am going out there to repair a few seams and restretch the whole place...then clean it?

Using VLM, how would you OP guys attack this? Chems?

I would like to use VLM on it to show him that it can and does work, but if all else fails I will pull out the hoses and HWE it?
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Oh ya, only Vacaway chems I have are SnB, Peroxcellent, and EG. I have a ton of other "chems" that I might also try out.

And I will be busting out all the old pads since I think they are going to be very, very black at the end of the daybarf
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Perox for sure and then whatever grease cutter you have on hand. I would spray and let dwell. FP then follow with a Zorb with your Borg acting as an on board spotter.

Take pics!!!!
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2012, 12:04 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Perox for sure and then whatever grease cutter you have on hand. I would spray and let dwell. FP then follow with a Zorb with your Borg acting as an on board spotter.

Take pics!!!!

Fo Sho!!!!! I promise to take pics on this one!

I will throw everything I have at it....I knew I should have placed an order sooner!

One last thing, I will probably bust out some gloves and use the hottest water for my pads that I can handle? It is a restaurant so the water will be pretty hot...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You'll do a great job for sure!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2012, 11:25 PM)Lefty724 Wrote: Hey guys, have a pretty bad Italian restaurant to do this week. The owner has been using another company that was using a 175 and bonnets to clean? He has sworn off VLM...for now?

Now there are some pretty bad black traffic lanes and the whole place needs re-stretching. This is where I got the call. I am going out there to repair a few seams and restretch the whole place...then clean it?

Using VLM, how would you OP guys attack this? Chems?

I would like to use VLM on it to show him that it can and does work, but if all else fails I will pull out the hoses and HWE it?
I would use HK spiked with Peroxcellent Or I Red with Peroxcellent I did a fish restaurant earlier this summer and both combo's did excellent. On the grease trail that ran out of the kitchen I used a FP pad followed by a TUway dipped in scalding hot water
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How is the manager at listening?
If he truly listens tell him you are going to HWE (since you have the ability) the first time to correct the work the other fella was doing.

Then once corrected it can be easily maintained with VLM performed correctly. Sure you could or can use low moisture without the need for HWE but since you have the ability it might be the fastest way to go if it's really the grease pit you describe.

Why use extra juice (sorry Steve) and extra time, plus trashing your pads if you have an option.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Good points Richard...

Basically I want to use VLM since the manager has sworn off VLM. Kind of just want to prove a point that a good cleaner with good chems can do a good job.

He will go with whatever I suggest once I get all of the wrinkles/buckles out of the carpet. I may just hwe it and try to get him on a maintenance plan, but I like to do things the hard way (it's a curse)!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
LOL I'm sure VLM will work just might take a little longer and use a few extra pads. The bonus is it will dry much faster.

Let him know it wasn't the method that failed but the operator who performered the method. The guy probably rushed through there not giving it the time necessary to get it to where it needed to be.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Exactly Richard!

I'm here now and just about done with all the stretching....trying different juices and pads right now. Seems like FP is a little to soft for this carpet?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How did it go?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2012, 07:10 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: How did it go?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting man!

I have never......in all of my 3 years of carpet cleaning seen anything this bad LOL!

I am working on some pics to show you guys.....will be up soon.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting man!

I have never......in all of my 3 years of carpet cleaning seen anything this bad LOL!

really?? that isnt what I'd call bad for a standard restaurant at all. But I have never figured out why anyone would want to run a wand full time... I guess that may be why you want to go F/T OP?? I'd RX that one every time... but we gave up cleaning restaurants at all about 12 years ago - the standard cleaning hours suck!

Good pic opportunity for a website shot though!

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2012, 10:31 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disgusting man!

really?? that isnt what I'd call bad for a standard restaurant at all. But I have never figured out why anyone would want to run a wand full time... I guess that may be why you want to go F/T OP?? I'd RX that one every time... but we gave up cleaning restaurants at all about 12 years ago - the standard cleaning hours suck!

Good pic opportunity for a website shot though!

Con

That is one of the worst ones I have done in a long time. I may go back with a RV360, Rx20, or steamin demon if I can find a good deal on one.

I know there is a lot more crap in there to pull out!
Reply }}
Thanks given by: