Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
holy smokes
http://www.grailsprings.com/

been asked to quote this place. three levels of stairs hallways, rooms and furniture. very posh. took a tour today and will measue tomorrow. many sq ft lots of work at a loss on what to quote on this one. stay well. Peter
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
how did you do at your other at .20? should this be more or less? You could offer a discount if they pay within 7 days etc of completion (I pay tax for those com jobs with quick payment for example) Or you could offer discounts at $1000 invoice, more disc at $2000 etc.

how far of a drive is this out for you? be sure to incl driving costs (in the sq ft fee) if its more than 20 min IMO. Be sure to offer a free demo in their worst area & tell them to judge it the next day.... 'oh ya, it dries in about an hour too!'

Seems to me you better start ordering some more juices soon???

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-29-2012, 07:45 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: how did you do at your other at .20? should this be more or less? You could offer a discount if they pay within 7 days etc of completion (I pay tax for those com jobs with quick payment for example) Or you could offer discounts at $1000 invoice, more disc at $2000 etc.

how far of a drive is this out for you? be sure to incl driving costs (in the sq ft fee) if its more than 20 min IMO. Be sure to offer a free demo in their worst area & tell them to judge it the next day.... 'oh ya, it dries in about an hour too!'

Seems to me you better start ordering some more juices soon???

Con
If he has connections like this already within 2 months he had better dump the CB for a Trinity
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
lol this is just five minutes outside of town. have been promoting upholstery cleaning for the last year and carpet cleaning for the last month. persistence got me the invite. email and consistent flyer and card drop off. the .20 job is tomorrow art gallery. have not measured grail springs yet. tomorrow. guessing thousands of sq ft. place is huge. I WANT THIS ONE. stay well. Peter
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If you want it, then factor your time and basically break it down to where you are still making a profit and then price it by the sq ft.

When I really want a job I do it this way? Good Luck!
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
measured the place and thought there would be more sq ft. looks like more but it is on three levels. 2614sq ft. approx 1500' of a thicker residential carpet and approx 1200' of industrial carpet. 102 steps. if i get this it will be difficult for me on steps as i will be using my v/s upholstery cleaning machine on steps and landings. now what the heck to quote
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think it's better to quote a little high than a little low. You want to be happy with the $ so you'll be encouraged to do a great job.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
[quote='Steve Lawrence' pid='24321' dateline='1346345415']
I think it's better to quote a little high than a little low. You want to be happy with the $ so you'll be encouraged to do a great job.
agree but do not want to be to high and lose job. what would you quote if you were new at business
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What do you want to make in a day?

Is that job going to take 1 day, 1 1/2 days, 2 days???

How much is a stepson?

I'd figure out how long it will take add the cost of the step son and that would be my bid? 102 steps are going to take some time. If your doing this alone I'd figure two days but bid at 2 1/2 days plus the $425. So if you want to make $500 a day quote it at $1,250 plus the $425 for the stepson and your at $1,700.00.

You could always back out the cost of the stepson but I wouldn't tie up a day of work for less than I need to earn. I learned that the hard way.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
1/2 to 1/3 our residential rate is approximately what we charge for commercial.

We charge .35 sq/ft for residential but when it comes to commercial we vary the price depending on the project. 500sq/ft might be .30 or .50 depending on the time of day.

1,000-3,000 might be in the .14 to .18 range more if heavily soiled. 10,000 .12-.14,

30,000-50,000 .09-.12

50,000- 100,000 .08-.10

We are in Kansas, don't know how that compares to Canada. ???
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You'll have to base your pricing on whether you'll be vacuuming first or will their staff do it and how much furniture will you be moving (if any). IF they are vacuuming first and you'll just be cleaning around the furniture, I'd bid lower on the carpet to get the upholstery biz. That's where you can really make some dough! Oh yea, get either a stepson of an oreck orbiter for the stairs. Either will make life much easier (I prefer the Oreck since you can stand up and not tire out your back as much). Good luck!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A crew just came back in from a commercial job where they had us in to remove a water stain. 2,000sq/ft it took just over 2-hours.

They used Perxocellent and said it came out great. We will charge .18 sq/ft for it. $360.00 for 2.25 hours, $160.00 an hour. Good monet here in the US, and the client is happy because we corrected a problem for them.

Gotta love this biz! Cool

Thanks Steve, Peroxcellent did great!!!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2012, 11:28 AM)peteee Wrote: measured the place and thought there would be more sq ft. looks like more but it is on three levels. 2614sq ft. approx 1500' of a thicker residential carpet and approx 1200' of industrial carpet. 102 steps. if i get this it will be difficult for me on steps as i will be using my v/s upholstery cleaning machine on steps and landings. now what the heck to quote
102 steps Geesh I would get a car buffer and some hand towels for that job.Charge them 2.00 bucks a stair depending on width and depth. As stated earlier how much pre vacumming and furniture moving are you going to do. I would charge as little as .10 a sq if I didnt have alot of other things to do other than clean carpet Thats only my opinion
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
absolutely get the stepson, you wont regret it. this job will pay pay for it, then you'll have it for the next 10+ years to make profit with it.

This is still a .20 ish ft IMO, this isnt a 1 day job when you get all the toys& now how to make them sing. Budget 2 days of easy work just in case. But really - this isnt more than a 10 hr job with the toys. We'd be in the 3 - 4hr range with 2 guys. I'd consider trading some of it if I were married & wanted some good married points! LOL

I think you should be in the $750 range + taxes, as indicated earlier - all things dependent...

Con

oh, come in too cheap & they also might run, I think they know a thing or 2 about quality...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2012, 11:05 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: absolutely get the stepson, you wont regret it. this job will pay pay for it, then you'll have it for the next 10+ years to make profit with it.

This is still a .20 ish ft IMO, this isnt a 1 day job when you get all the toys& now how to make them sing. Budget 2 days of easy work just in case. But really - this isnt more than a 10 hr job with the toys. We'd be in the 3 - 4hr range with 2 guys. I'd consider trading some of it if I were married & wanted some good married points! LOL

I think you should be in the $750 range + taxes, as indicated earlier - all things dependent...

Con

oh, come in too cheap & they also might run, I think they know a thing or 2 about quality...

Great Point about coming in Too cheap. A friend of mine just lost a State bid on a Video system for the Highway Patrol because he was 1/2 the next lower bid. (He wanted the job badly so bid it barely over cost) He even had references from the State Supreme Court.

Another Point. If you do not get this bid this time, stay with it. They probably have it cleaned regularly and your persistence will pay off.

Rick

Certified Bicycle Auctions
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
quoted 800 for carpet and stairs and said we need to speak of furniture movement as their is a ton of furniture that will be needed to be moved. quoted upholstery cleaning as well. probably high but will let you know and thank you all for your help. stay well. Peter
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sounds a little low but you should still make money as long as the stairs don't slow you down too much.

Plus it's just good to get out there keeping the flow of work going.

We charge $3.75 a average step, anything larger is $1.50 a foot. Stairs are a pain no matter what method you use. Make sure you spend the time to get them clean.

Stairs are an area that get soil impacted into them much like an entry way. Pay special attention to the bull nose and tread, the riser is rarely dirty.

Good luck!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2012, 03:15 PM)Richardc Wrote: Sounds a little low but you should still make money as long as the stairs don't slow you down too much.

Plus it's just good to get out there keeping the flow of work going.

We charge $3.75 a average step, anything larger is $1.50 a foot. Stairs are a pain no matter what method you use. Make sure you spend the time to get them clean.

Stairs are an area that get soil impacted into them much like an entry way. Pay special attention to the bull nose and tread, the riser is rarely dirty.

Good luck!

$3.75 per stair??? Why the heck am I only charging $2 per stair?? Changing that right now!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Steps are the hardest part of any job. Sometimes the most soiled too, well the bullnose anyway.

I actually think we are low we've been charging the same for 8-years. The sq/ft has changed several times over that time but some how we've managed to leave the stair priced un touched.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I've been charging $3.00 a stair. $3.75 sounds great too me.
That's my new price. Thanks for the info.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: