Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stair tool.
excellent supply sells an 8 inch stair tool driver for cleaning steps. just a little attachment that can connect to any drill. have any of you guys ever used one, and do you think it works?
low on cash so im looking for something to work for now.
The Kid
Cleaning Up The Profits...padding
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2012, 09:26 PM)brandon olson Wrote: excellent supply sells an 8 inch stair tool driver for cleaning steps. just a little attachment that can connect to any drill. have any of you guys ever used one, and do you think it works?
Never used one but know who does It works How bout using a cheap car buffer?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2012, 09:31 PM)bigchuckie Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 09:26 PM)brandon olson Wrote: excellent supply sells an 8 inch stair tool driver for cleaning steps. just a little attachment that can connect to any drill. have any of you guys ever used one, and do you think it works?

thought about the car buffer. but what type of cloth do i use and where can i buy them?
The Kid
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think I wrote about this in another one of your threads.

Get a car buffer at Home Depot. They sell slip on bonnets at any auto parts store, Walmart, etc.

(12-05-2012, 09:37 PM)brandon olson Wrote:

thought about the car buffer. but what type of cloth do i use and where can i buy them?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
after a bit, you will want to afford a stepson, but in the mean time the HD one will do fine, you just cant put alot of umph behind it to help it grind in to remove more dirt. I'd be lost without my stepson.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2012, 02:03 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: after a bit, you will want to afford a stepson, but in the mean time the HD one will do fine, you just cant put alot of umph behind it to help it grind in to remove more dirt. I'd be lost without my stepson.

Con

IdeaCan I get a stepdaughter for my wife to use??Blush

We don't get that stuff down under in 220/240 volt, so I make do with a Cyclo or my Makita Polisher.

Brushes on the Cyclo.

Bonnets or pads on the Makita.

Angel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
half wire it Shorty?? LOL I have a 220V meat slicer in my kitchen at home - specially wired in... didnt help? didnt think that info would...

Have a terrific day down under Shortwun!

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2012, 01:04 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I think I wrote about this in another one of your threads.

Get a car buffer at Home Depot. They sell slip on bonnets at any auto parts store, Walmart, etc.

(12-05-2012, 09:37 PM)brandon olson Wrote:

You can also buy velcro drivers for some car buffers as well for about 10 bucks or so, or make your own with stick on velcro strips. With a velcro driver, you can use any 8in pad with it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I second the car buffer. I have the 10" one as well as the 5-6" orbital sander that I use for upholstery etc.... I also bought the slip on MF bonnets from Auto Zone and they really do work good.

I bought the car buffer(s) to hold me over until I can buy a stepson. Haven't had to buy the stepson yetYikes
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shorty,

HOS makes mini Super Zorbs for the Cyclo.

Might be worth checking out.

(12-06-2012, 02:40 AM)Shorty Wrote:
(12-06-2012, 02:03 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: after a bit, you will want to afford a stepson, but in the mean time the HD one will do fine, you just cant put alot of umph behind it to help it grind in to remove more dirt. I'd be lost without my stepson.

Con

IdeaCan I get a stepdaughter for my wife to use??Blush

We don't get that stuff down under in 220/240 volt, so I make do with a Cyclo or my Makita Polisher.

Brushes on the Cyclo.

Bonnets or pads on the Makita.

Angel
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 02:25 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Shorty,

HOS makes mini Super Zorbs for the Cyclo.

Might be worth checking out.

Thanks Dude, Gary Bethel from Powewrclean Australia sent me a set recently to try out.

As luck would have it, I haven't had any stairs since. Use Head

At the moment commercial work is keeping me running ragged, along with leather, stairs just ain't been happening.

But thanks for the info; thanks

Angel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dude, any link for those mini zorbs... thanks
Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:11 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: Dude, any link for those mini zorbs... thanks
Con

IdeaContact Hruby and ask them.Big Grin

http://www.hos-usa.com/products/orbot-micro.html

They should be able to point you in the right direction if they don't sell them.

Angel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have used that attachment for a drill in a pinch. Works with tuways or 8" fiber pads if it has to. But what works a lot better is using a Makita or similar angle grinder type drill with a small 7" velcro driver in it. I got a cheapie a couple years ago at Harbor Freight and find that it works almost as well as my challenger stair tool but without any worry of tip bloom.

I personally think the cheap car buffers are crap, but can work in a pinch if that's all you have access to. But I've made some really trashed out stairs look good with nothing but my makita clone and some tuways and good encap juice.

I got my harbor freight drill for about $30, you can even get 8" cottons now from bonnet pro.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 04:50 PM)Grant D Wrote: I have used that attachment for a drill in a pinch. Works with tuways or 8" fiber pads if it has to. But what works a lot better is using a Makita or similar angle grinder type drill with a small 7" velcro driver in it. I got a cheapie a couple years ago at Harbor Freight and find that it works almost as well as my challenger stair tool but without any worry of tip bloom.

I personally think the cheap car buffers are crap, but can work in a pinch if that's all you have access to. But I've made some really trashed out stairs look good with nothing but my makita clone and some tuways and good encap juice.

I got my harbor freight drill for about $30, you can even get 8" cottons now from bonnet pro.

Hmmm, I have one of those Harbor Freight jobs laying around here somewhere? I'll have to dig it out pretty soon and give it a shot?
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
ok, i went to look at the car buffers today for a cheap stair tool to start off with. but my main concern is that the bonnet pads are so thin, i can't see how it would clean up anything. any suggestions again?
The Kid
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
thin pads will work, if you have the velcro to get those pads to stick on the unit. There was a post in the last couple days about "mini-superzorbs" as well to consider.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Pads from Direct Mop or CCS. I use an Oreck Orbital Floor Machine. It can use brushes and pads. I like to use the carpet brush followed by a bonnet. You can find these on Craigslist for about 200. Also has saved my butt when i had a brekdown with my main machine. I also use a Stepson. I do believe that it is an orbital car buffer too, you may find if you look. I just ordered a Porter Cable 7424XP from AutoGeek. It can use the Cyclo Brushes, and backing plates from 3" to 5.5. The mini sorbs would work with this. I do look for machines that spin Clockwise as they work the carpet - looking from above machine down at it. This matches the carpeting twist.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I like the Oreck for the brush, but it lacks power to rotate a bonnett well. The stepson is a little better rotation wise, but still could be better. I use the Stepson with a mf bonnett. 3 runs for me. Brush, pad, vacuum, and sometimes i manually wipe on the nose and corners with a towel. Stairs are a lot of work. $3 or more a step. Usually $45-55 a set and you earn every penny and then some. Really need a tool with more power but doesn't weigh much. Again IMO look for one with the CW spin. Had a Flex orbital that spun the wrong way, good power though. Sold that b/c it was prone to fiber damage. Looks like the Porter Cable spins correct. Well see, won't have it for a few days yet.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
For bonnetts I use 13" MF w/ Scrub Strips. The scrub strip ones spin better. Direct Mop Sales has those. I also like the small blue mf from here in 8". These work with the orbital detail polishers. You can also get 8" and 12" tuways from Excellent supply as well as fiber pads. I like to agitate with brushes over pads though. Good luck - Sorry to post so much.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: