Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Encap Products To HWE
Is this possible?

How would the process work? Pre-spray, dwell, extract?

Do the dilutions change?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm sure Steve will chime in. IMO you would do exactly what you asked. Steve has chemicals that you can do both with and there are others out there also.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Simple answer is yes. Just use the appropriate products as a prespray or emulstifer. See VacAway.com for a list of HWE encap products.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-31-2012, 09:23 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Simple answer is yes. Just use the appropriate products as a prespray or emulstifer. See VacAway.com for a list of HWE encap products.

Just stared use it for steaming workj better than any thing else out there hand down. green and red mix love it
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
interesting. Stefan, what other presprays have you used in the past?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2013, 05:49 PM)judson 'Derek Wrote: interesting. Stefan, what other presprays have you used in the past?
judsom juice
cobe
pro choice
magin one grime eater i thinkis the name
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2013, 08:24 PM)Stefan Boukinight Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 05:49 PM)judson 'Derek Wrote: interesting. Stefan, what other presprays have you used in the past?
judsom juice
cobe
pro choice
magin one grime eater i thinkis the name

I reel like steve becauce i do both hot wanter ex. and still do dry cleaning just 2 product all i need
THANK STEVE AND WORK
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2013, 05:32 PM)Stefan Boukinight Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 09:23 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Simple answer is yes. Just use the appropriate products as a prespray or emulstifer. See VacAway.com for a list of HWE encap products.

Just stared use it for steaming workj better than any thing else out there hand down. green and red mix love it

Stefan do you just mix the red and green together? If so how do you mix them dilution wise?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2013, 08:37 PM)BGCD Wrote:

Stefan do you just mix the red and green together? If so how do you mix them dilution wise?

mix 2oz green 2 oz red=4 oz total
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Stefan Boukinight Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 08:37 PM)BGCD Wrote:

mix 2oz green 2 oz red=4 oz total

I will give it a try. Thanks.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-18-2013, 09:05 PM)BGCD Wrote: I will give it a try. Thanks.

you better let us know your thoughts on it compared to other presprays! Wink Tongue
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Old story but relevant???
Many many years ago. I was servicing an very high end apt. community. Secure buildings. Lots of polished concrete hallways. Mostly cleaned with porty due to access issues. In the apartment was white olefin(of course) berber. The halls had tons of residue from the concrete. Under the door sweeps from the halls it would look like there had been a fire on the other side of the door from the fine particulate dust. Just like soot. Bear in mind, apartments, not really any real PM cleaning on those halls.
When I first started there, I had just cleaned a unit , looked wonderful. Someone walked in, black footprints all over, as if they had walked in paint first. Oh and a lot of university students there. So , often the units were bad anyway..
so you can imagine , I was pulling my hair out , really soiled berber, and wicking problems.
That was really long ago. You need the professors "way back machine". Big Grin
It was when I initially started to look into VLM. Tried Argosheen.
Bought a bunch of Rick G's stuff. I only had a small 175 rotary.
Anyway , when trying to work this out I spoke with Rick's people a lot.
I wanted to know if their line could be used as a HWE chem. I mostly just got silence or noncomital responses, as in, it is not rally intended for that use.
As a Sh-- & Giggle I explained to them that I was a carpet cleaner. We NEVER folow instructions and use products appropriately, trying to find better ways. They should know that!!!Rolleyes
This was BEFORE Punch came out.
By the way when I used their Releasit in my extractor it foamed (like it is supposed to) so much I did not do it again.
However, I did use it to restore some glue down trashed carpet in a clubhouse that I had not had good luck with using HWE. For that I used my small 175 and bonnets. green stripe. I wish I had the glads I know about now.

Sorry about the length.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Very cool.

Are you still servicing the account now?

What ended up being the best process to clean the place?

(06-19-2013, 08:43 AM)rj 494 Wrote: Old story but relevant???
Many many years ago. I was servicing an very high end apt. community. Secure buildings. Lots of polished concrete hallways. Mostly cleaned with porty due to access issues. In the apartment was white olefin(of course) berber. The halls had tons of residue from the concrete. Under the door sweeps from the halls it would look like there had been a fire on the other side of the door from the fine particulate dust. Just like soot. Bear in mind, apartments, not really any real PM cleaning on those halls.
When I first started there, I had just cleaned a unit , looked wonderful. Someone walked in, black footprints all over, as if they had walked in paint first. Oh and a lot of university students there. So , often the units were bad anyway..
so you can imagine , I was pulling my hair out , really soiled berber, and wicking problems.
I wanted to know if their line could be used as a HWE chem. I mostly just got silence or noncomital responses, as in, it is not rally intended for that use.
As a Sh-- & Giggle I explained to them that I was a carpet cleaner. We NEVER folow instructions and use products appropriately, trying to find better ways. They should know that!!!Rolleyes
By the way when I used their Releasit in my extractor it foamed (like it is supposed to) so much I did not do it again.
However, I did use it to restore some glue down trashed carpet in a clubhouse that I had not had good luck with using HWE. For that I used my small 175 and bonnets. green stripe. I wish I had the glads I know about now.

Sorry about the length.

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-18-2013, 11:23 PM)Derek Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 09:05 PM)BGCD Wrote: I will give it a try. Thanks.

you better let us know your thoughts on it compared to other presprays! Wink Tongue

Will do.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-19-2013, 10:34 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Very cool.

Sorry about the length.
No I do not. This was many years ago. Ownership changed.
But they did end up putting in dark grey carpet tiles in the common halls. When they were looking at doing this they asked me to give them a price on cleaning the halls as well. 8 buildings in all , multiple floors.
They contracted with a national outfit to install and maintain. But from the looks lately there is not much maintaining . Rudimentary in house vacuuming I think at best. ( Another vendor I know was doing some work there lately, and I could not resist checking it out.)

In the units they changed over to nylon pile. Very light creme color of course. The berbers HWE often needing to use porty, then followed with a dry bonnet. I think this is what got me to looking at this process.
I did a little hallway cleaning while I was still there. Using my small 175 and fiber pads and or bonnets, and most likely Releasit. I did it mostly on my own a few times to learn and evaluate.

To put it mildly, there was not much interest among HWE people way back then. I was not good at the computer stuff, still not, (dumb phone - no pics etc.) and there was only the ICS board that I knew of. My local distributor was like,thinking. (want a head scratch icon, as in- are you nuts?) The bonnets were special to them and took a long time to get them. I was not familiar with regular jan-san distributors who would have had all that stuff. By the way, my local who I still frequent, is now carrying all kinds of this stuff. Pad, CRBs etc. But guess what. I mention OP and (head scratch again) Only fiber pads. Not bonnetts. They just don't have access to them i guess, or not enough demand?
I was the one who first told them about the Cimex. As a matter of fact, the first one they got in I carried around for a while to try out. I just did not have enough of that kind of work back then.(still don't) I was unloading it to do very small offices etc. Not practical.

Maybe that is why I can type sooooo much.Tongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You mention padcapping, vlm, etc. to most of these suppliers and they don't know what you're talking about.

(06-20-2013, 06:29 AM)rj 494 Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 10:34 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Very cool.

Sorry about the length.
No I do not. This was many years ago. Ownership changed.
But they did end up putting in dark grey carpet tiles in the common halls. When they were looking at doing this they asked me to give them a price on cleaning the halls as well. 8 buildings in all , multiple floors.
They contracted with a national outfit to install and maintain. But from the looks lately there is not much maintaining . Rudimentary in house vacuuming I think at best. ( Another vendor I know was doing some work there lately, and I could not resist checking it out.)

In the units they changed over to nylon pile. Very light creme color of course. The berbers HWE often needing to use porty, then followed with a dry bonnet. I think this is what got me to looking at this process.
I did a little hallway cleaning while I was still there. Using my small 175 and fiber pads and or bonnets, and most likely Releasit. I did it mostly on my own a few times to learn and evaluate.

To put it mildly, there was not much interest among HWE people way back then. I was not good at the computer stuff, still not, (dumb phone - no pics etc.) and there was only the ICS board that I knew of. My local distributor was like,thinking. (want a head scratch icon, as in- are you nuts?) The bonnets were special to them and took a long time to get them. I was not familiar with regular jan-san distributors who would have had all that stuff. By the way, my local who I still frequent, is now carrying all kinds of this stuff. Pad, CRBs etc. But guess what. I mention OP and (head scratch again) Only fiber pads. Not bonnetts. They just don't have access to them i guess, or not enough demand?
I was the one who first told them about the Cimex. As a matter of fact, the first one they got in I carried around for a while to try out. I just did not have enough of that kind of work back then.(still don't) I was unloading it to do very small offices etc. Not practical.

Maybe that is why I can type sooooo much.Tongue

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If one was to use any Steve's chems for HWE which would be the best to use.
my method most of the time is to
pre vac
pre-spray
deal time
then CRB
then use HWE extractor

Thanks

Kevin J
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I pre vac, pre treat, pad clean with op most of the time, sometimes rotary and sometimes crb, them hwe.

I don't always use an encap but I have used Grease Hawg, Dirt Axe, Hot Knife Xtream and Encap Green with out any problems.
Dirt Axe might be the best choice since it is less foaming.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dirt Axe for regular and grease hawg for trashed.
Both low foaming like mentioned above.
Work fantastic!
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
[-] The following 2 users Like cleantech's post:
  • BGCD, Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2014, 10:43 AM)cleantech Wrote: Dirt Axe for regular and grease hawg for trashed.
Both low foaming like mentioned above.
Work fantastic!
How about using Peroxcellent 1st as a pre spray -- let dwell then some agitation then intensity green or red in extractor for rinse and extract? also how does Peroxcellent rate compared to Releasit Encap-Hydrox, both are similar products, can either be used on most any carpet?
Reply }}
Thanks given by: