Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
area rugs
what do you all charge for area rugs have to do an estimate on six tuesday for a disaster renovation company
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Synthetic or natural?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
not sure yet have not seen them but guessing synthetic
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
$1.00 sq/ft Synthetic $1.50 sq/ft Custom or Oriental, slightly more for fringe
Surface cleaned not pit washed, that goes for about double around here.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you post Peter, been a while, I was wondering how things were going for you

Con
Richards answers are very close, you may need to offer discount if this is a repeat long term contract etc.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I charge $1 per sq ft for synthetic and some natural fiber rugs. I don't touch Oriental rugs... I farm them out and collect a referral fee.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 11:25 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: Nice to see you post Peter, been a while, I was wondering how things were going for you

Con
Richards answers are very close, you may need to offer discount if this is a repeat long term contract etc.

nice of you to ask Con have some irons in the fire been told the jobs are mine just getting them off there butts to let me know when is difficult the job with the erae rugs will be my third for this company but all jobs are different as it is a disaster renovation company through insurance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm not suggesting to gouge anyone but you can be sure if it's priced through a restoration estimating software it won't be cheap.

Figure your price, add a little for risk and give it to them. I doubt they will even question it. Them acting as the general they will just mark up the bill showing yours as a sub.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
[quote='Richardc' pid='27273' dateline='1359994006']
I'm not suggesting to gouge anyone but you can be sure if it's priced through a restoration estimating software it won't be cheap.

Figure your price, add a little for risk and give it to them. I doubt they will even question it. Them acting as the general they will just mark up the bill showing yours as a sub.
it was that way at one time but now they are watching thier pennies
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
LOL I guess we all are, still area rugs on xactimate won't be cheap. I'll ask our estimator when he gets back in. What is the closest US city to you?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
[quote='Richardc' pid='27277' dateline='1359995938']
LOL I guess we all are, still area rugs on xactimate won't be cheap. I'll ask our estimator when he gets back in. What is the closest US city to you?
in northern ontario so buffalo i guess
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
He's out doing estimates this AM but when he gets in I'll have him look up Buffalo NY. Is it Oriental or Custom or just an ordinary rug?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
[quote='Richardc' pid='27279' dateline='1359996801']
He's out doing estimates this AM but when he gets in I'll have him look up Buffalo NY. Is it Oriental or Custom or just an ordinary rug?
appreciate your help have not seen the rugs am sure ordinary rugs
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
was given the job then it was postponed went back yesterday to check on start date was told that a buck sq ft to expensive approx five hundred sq ft of area rugs....going to rent a machine and have an employee do it figures cost will be 150
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 11:57 AM)peteee Wrote: was given the job then it was postponed went back yesterday to check on start date was told that a buck sq ft to expensive approx five hundred sq ft of area rugs....going to rent a machine and have an employee do it figures cost will be 150

.50 synthetic 1.00 wool
Reply }}
Thanks given by: