Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Show this weekend...
We did a small home show this weekend in a town of about 10,000 people. I thought this would be a good way to test the waters and see if we'd want to do more shows like this in the future. I've posted some pics below of our show booth.

All in all, it was a nice experience. We had a drawing for 3 free rooms of cleaning. I collected 34 contacts from that that I plan on following up on with some sort of 'Show Special'

I also landed one small job on the spot and one more that I need to follow up with this week.

The best thing that came out of the show was one of my 'competitors' was there as well. To my relief, she turned out to be a super friendly person and I think we're going to be able to work together on some things in the future. It's nice to be able to form alliances with other local businesses like this.

All in all, I'd say the show was a success. It was nice to go out and get some face to face contact with the community.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Looks great, Phil!

What's your dual clean process?

(02-03-2013, 10:54 AM)CleanImage Wrote: We did a small home show this weekend in a town of about 10,000 people. I thought this would be a good way to test the waters and see if we'd want to do more shows like this in the future. I've posted some pics below of our show booth.

All in all, it was a nice experience. We had a drawing for 3 free rooms of cleaning. I collected 34 contacts from that that I plan on following up on with some sort of 'Show Special'

I also landed one small job on the spot and one more that I need to follow up with this week.

The best thing that came out of the show was one of my 'competitors' was there as well. To my relief, she turned out to be a super friendly person and I think we're going to be able to work together on some things in the future. It's nice to be able to form alliances with other local businesses like this.

All in all, I'd say the show was a success. It was nice to go out and get some face to face contact with the community.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 03:48 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Looks great, Phil!

I prescrub with a nylon brush then extract using either pads or the Steamin Demon, depending on soil load and type.

I plan to start prescrubbing with a CRB if I can find a good used one, so then I'll always be using 2 machines to clean with.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Of course she wanted to form an alliance, you probably scared the heck out her with your professionalism. Your booth and marketing look fantasic!

Congrats sounds like a great outting! Offer those contacts something compelling and you just might turn some of them too!
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Do you pre vac now?

Would you pre vac if you used a CRB?

(02-03-2013, 05:31 PM)CleanImage Wrote:
(02-03-2013, 03:48 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Looks great, Phil!

I prescrub with a nylon brush then extract using either pads or the Steamin Demon, depending on soil load and type.

I plan to start prescrubbing with a CRB if I can find a good used one, so then I'll always be using 2 machines to clean with.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes, very nice!!!! It's also nice to find someone else in you type of business friendly and willing to talk with you. Where I am, they hardly acknowledge you. LOL That's fine with me because I don't want anymore work. I'm trying to semi retire.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Very nice Phil! We have a few of those in my area. Mostly in the spring. I have to get a booth display prepared so i am ready for the next one. Your signage looks great! What did they charge for that show?
We Leave Nothing Behind!
Uncontrollable smiling may occur!
padding happy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Excellent presentation and it sounds like it was a real success - congratulations!

A couple suggestions to make it better:

1. I know that the table is provided by the show - at least most of the shows I see use that same type table - but it puts you at a disadvantage because, as the show goes on and you get tired, people have a tendency to sit down which is not conducive to engaging people in conversation. Bring some boxes or cement blocks or milk crates to raise the table up to counter height and some bar stools to sit on which raises you to a more approachable height. You will need to also bring some material to use to drape your table.

2. Bring some more material to use as a background between the two attractive upright signs. Use binder clips (available at office supply store) to adhere the material to the signs. This will help frame your display and focus the show goer's eyes on your display. You can even pin some before / after photos on the fabric.

3. Have your show specials printed to hand out to people so they have some way to contact you after the show when they take another look at their dirty carpet.

Call to action:
Make sure you have an expiration date on the special but make the offer "book your job by [insert date a couple weeks after the show] so they can have you come and do work some time in the future as look as it is booked within the time period.

Great effort for a first show and, if you take these suggestions, I think that you will do even better at the next one. Let us know how future shows work out for you.

Larry Galler
The Small Business Greatness Coach
Subscribe to receive my weekly newspaper column by email every Sunday at http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Very nice, Phillip!
Reply }}
Thanks given by: