Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critique our Website please?
The website looks great Derek. I don't see anything I'd change. That Wordpress video is cool! Thanks for posting. I have a couple blogs on WP and I'm going to transfer the website to WP eventually.
We Leave Nothing Behind!
Uncontrollable smiling may occur!
padding happy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
tx Mike! from what i understand, which is limited, is that changing your site format to WP can alter your SEO standings. idk if that is 100% accurate, but i have thought that it is.

if true, do so carefully!! Big Grin but it may very well have no bearing on SEO...if THAT is true, i recommend WP all the way!!! Beer
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks Derek. I'll have find out more about that before I do anything. Right now my SEO is decent since I'm in a small market.
We Leave Nothing Behind!
Uncontrollable smiling may occur!
padding happy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Derek, excellent site but I'd like to chime in the the discussion.

It loaded quickly - 2-3 seconds.

Your opening headline should be stronger and quickly show benefits. As it is, it is a yawn.

I really like your photos, especially the ones of you, your wife and borrowed kids - shows that you are a real person and are willing to put your face on your product / service which builds instant trust. You're not hiding behind a corporate or inhuman logo.

WORDINESS
On the subject of "wordiness" - people will read long text IF it is meaningful to them and you engage their curiosity. It will scan better if you use shorter paragraphs with spaces between the thoughts, much like this typed response.

HEADERS
You can also improve it by putting your main points in caps and bold like I did here with "wordiness" and "headers." Readers will not read a site from beginning to end like a book or article... they want to find and read the info they are looking for and get on with their day. Using headers will guide them to the information they are looking for.

Excellent start - let us know when it is up and running and what the change in response is.

Larry Galler
The Small Business Greatness Coach
Subscribe to receive my weekly newspaper column every Sunday on small business issues at http://www.oneyeartogreatness.com
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
tx fellas!

Larry, i totally agree with the wordiness AND the opening headline. not my style, but my web guy is also my SEO guy and he has a lot of free reign to put whatever on my site to gain SEO advantage. a lot of the Blogs for instance are about things that my company does not offer...water damage, pet urine contamination and the like.

he said that most of this info is never read anyways, and for the most part i agree.

but the opening headline i reckon can be changed without hurting anything. Beer
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
After reading these updates I took a look at your site and it looks like you're staring to get up there.

(07-12-2013, 08:59 AM)Derek Wrote: tx fellas!

Larry, i totally agree with the wordiness AND the opening headline. not my style, but my web guy is also my SEO guy and he has a lot of free reign to put whatever on my site to gain SEO advantage. a lot of the Blogs for instance are about things that my company does not offer...water damage, pet urine contamination and the like.

he said that most of this info is never read anyways, and for the most part i agree.

but the opening headline i reckon can be changed without hurting anything. Beer
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would chime in anyway.

I tend to look at websites from an SEO standpoint and the first thing I noticed on this site is that even though the meta title of the homepage is "Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY" I don't see that keyword phrase mentioned even once in all that home page copy. I wouldn't stuff the keyword phrase but I would use it 1 or 2 times.I'm not saying your SEO guy doesn't know what he is doing but I would like to hear his logic for doing that.

One other thing I noticed that I personally would do is make sure there is at least 1 or 2 benefits listed in the meta description. This is the only thing people see when they look at your listing on google along with 9 other listings on the page. Might as well give them something good to make them want to click your link instead of your competitors. I'm not sure that "Commercial Carpet Cleaning at it's Best" does that for me.

The more I look through the site I see that your other pages are not really optimized at all. A little more SEO work might make a big difference. Are there any other communities besides Rochester that you work in?
Tools: Old Blue CCS OP machine, Gem oscillating stair machine, Dyson vacuum, Bissell Proforce vacuum, Vacaway chems, Glad pads, Pump up sprayers. padding

www.smartdrycarpetcleaning.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Once you have the website properly optimized then there is the matter of conversion. Converting those page visits into calls, emails or whatever your call to action is and then ultimately into sales.

The first thing I notice about your page copy is the lack of benefits. Customers want to know whats in it for them. Stop talking about you and talk about them. Bullet pointed lists of benefits are what sell.

The call to action on every page is very important. It looks like your call to action is to fill out the web form or to call the number listed but you don't tell me to do it. It may seem dumb but most people need to be told to do things. It is amazing what people will do if you just tell them to do it!

I really like the reviews on each page!
Tools: Old Blue CCS OP machine, Gem oscillating stair machine, Dyson vacuum, Bissell Proforce vacuum, Vacaway chems, Glad pads, Pump up sprayers. padding

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2013, 08:59 AM)Derek Wrote: Larry, i totally agree with the wordiness AND the opening headline. not my style, but my web guy is also my SEO guy and he has a lot of free reign to put whatever on my site to gain SEO advantage. a lot of the Blogs for instance are about things that my company does not offer...water damage, pet urine contamination and the like.

he said that most of this info is never read anyways,

I can't say I agree with your SEO guy on this. If you really want to compete for a search term like "carpet Cleaning Rochester NY" you will need really good content that others will want to share and give you good backlinks.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: