Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Ad
Hey Guys

I did a barter for some 15 sec radio ads. I'm looking at 6 days of advertising, 12 spots per day (1 per hour) I think I'll run them for 6 Mondays in a row starting April 1.

My problem is, I need some ideas for the ad. 15 seconds is very short. The station will put together something for me, but I don't want to rely on them to come up with something effective.

Have any of you done radio advertising? Or do you have any scripts or ideas?

Thanks!

Phillip
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have some that we were going to run before the holidays but never did. We were then going to start them the end of January but they tried to force a jingle on us ($1,800.00), we didn't even ask for it. Anyway since it was so expensive we asked for several to chose from. Instead we are told just listen to it some more you'll see how good it is.

So.....it's been three weeks and nothing yet.

Anyway pm me your address and I'll send you the carpet one. It's not bad, but not great either.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Zerorez advertises on the radio out here. Specifically AM talk radio.

I have to assume it works because they have been running the ads for years. It's a great ad too. The owner chats it up with a show host and talks about no residue and all that other jazz. They then announce a 3 room deal and the price varies throughout the year. At the moment it's $99.00 but it's sometimes as high as $129.00.

Do you know what time the ads will be running?

Will it be a live announcer reading the ad or pre-recorded?

AM or FM?

What format? Classic rock, rap, country or talk or something else?

Is it a popular station?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The company owns a few stations...talk radio, rock, todays hits, country.

The talk radio station is AM and plays a lot of syndicated shows, like Rush Limbaugh and also local news and sports. That's the one I decided to go with. I think the crowd might be my demographic. Middle aged - retired people.

The ads will air once an hour from 6am-6pm

I thought about doing an interview type ad, but 15 secs just isn't much. We did that before years back in Michigan and it worked out really well. The local station had a segment called spotlight on business. I was interviewed about our service and company. We took clips from the interview and used them as commercials. We seemed to get a decent response if I remember right.

But I think this time I need a fast message. I can do 2 different ads and rotate them too if I want.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2013, 01:14 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Zerorez advertises on the radio out here. Specifically AM talk radio.

I have to assume it works because they have been running the ads for years. It's a great ad too. The owner chats it up with a show host and talks about no residue and all that other jazz. They then announce a 3 room deal and the price varies throughout the year. At the moment it's $99.00 but it's sometimes as high as $129.00.

Do you know what time the ads will be running?

Will it be a live announcer reading the ad or pre-recorded?

AM or FM?

What format? Classic rock, rap, country or talk or something else?

Is it a popular station?

ZeroRez does the same thing out here in Minnesota. They advertise numerous times per day for some time now. Been a few years at least now. Same price to. Don't know how they afford it because they have a bad rep out here.
The Kid
Cleaning Up The Profits...padding
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I did 40 Characters in 15 seconds

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You can say a lot in 15 seconds.

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
Reply }}
Thanks given by: