Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who Are You?
Information 
There have a been more and more members signing up lately. Would be great to hear from all of you.

This forum is a great source for information regarding all things VLM.

Chems, pads, equipment and of course method are the common topics of the day. In addition, you'll find several threads regarding marketing, the dilemmas facing upstarts and more.

Are you an experienced cleaner? Hopeful upstart? Just getting into encapping?

Join in and ask questions, share your opinion and contribute!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I remember a few years ago when I started checking out different forums, all I did was sit here and read through old posts/threads. I learned a lot doing that. But it wasn't until I started posting, and asking questions, or giving suggestions, that I REALLY started learning.

So as Damon said, get posting. The more people know about YOU, the more we can all help each other.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I am a carpet cleaner that deals mostly with apartments. I have been cleaning a little while now, but still learning. One of the reasons I do not post much, is because usually by the time I read a question, someone has already given a pretty good answer. There are alot of smart cleaners on this board, Mr. Smith included, and with most of the answers I read, I just do not have much to add, you guys do a great job. dance
Curtis
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i am not too new here but i'll answer Big Grin

(03-05-2013, 10:51 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Are you an experienced cleaner? Hopeful upstart? Just getting into encapping?

experienced with commercial yes; with resi i'm still learning some but i have most of it down.

things i excel at: CC'ing. things i am bad at: cat urine decontamination.

started out HWE for 6 years, then went VLM ever since. i prefer VLM for many reasons. BOTH can give outstanding results, but only in the hands of a conscientious AND/OR experienced cleaner.

i no longer method-bash and i giggle when i see newer (and sadly some older) cleaners do it.

i hope i give helpful advice from time to time. p.m. me anytime with a question.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm Andy (freakin) McFadden !!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well, I've been in the business for over 18 years now. Before that I'm retired from Law enforcement over 20 years.
I started with janitorial then HWE, Tile & Grout cleaning over 15 years and low mositure now about 7 years. I've tried many different chemicals in my time but now I've been using Steve's chemicals almost always. I will admit I like to try some different chemicals but I always go back to Steve's.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
My real name is Steve I have been CC'ing for 3 yrs.I started pt I still drive a trailer truck pt to make ends meet during the winter. I live in Holden Maine till our house sells. We are going to be moving to Fl. I am a HWE virgin Padcapping and Rotary are the only two methods I have ever done. We expanded to janitorial this past winter We have 1 account but spread over 3 areas. I just recently bought a used Orbot in nice condition and cant wait to use it! UPS did me the favor of breaking the trigger switch on the sprayer. Cant wait to move and leave winter behind permanantly So if you know anyone who needs a good carpet cleaner in the Ocala Lakeland area let me know
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How do you like janitorial?

Will you continue to pursue it in Lakeland?

(04-01-2013, 09:09 PM)bigchuckie Wrote: My real name is Steve I have been CC'ing for 3 yrs.I started pt I still drive a trailer truck pt to make ends meet during the winter. I live in Holden Maine till our house sells. We are going to be moving to Fl. I am a HWE virgin Padcapping and Rotary are the only two methods I have ever done. We expanded to janitorial this past winter We have 1 account but spread over 3 areas. I just recently bought a used Orbot in nice condition and cant wait to use it! UPS did me the favor of breaking the trigger switch on the sprayer. Cant wait to move and leave winter behind permanantly So if you know anyone who needs a good carpet cleaner in the Ocala Lakeland area let me know
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
interesting story Steve! you have the gonads to move, i like that. i'm jealous of it to, Fla looks like a good place to live.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Hey Steve, your going to love the weather down here. Are you going to lake land? The only thing is we can't get the prices you guys get up north but I deal with that.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 05:42 AM)Nick P Wrote: Hey Steve, your going to love the weather down here. Are you going to lake land? The only thing is we can't get the prices you guys get up north but I deal with that.
I am going to pursue any means neccasary to make CC jan my primary income. I have driven trucks over half of my life i am just tired of it. I like the janitorial aspects no one bugs us I should done more reasearch into pricing but it was on a whim. THey asked I gave a price and boom. I did there carpets anyway. It is a good thing that I am the only one doing these accts. I see now it is easy to lose your butt. We vacuum 3k dust wash entry doors dump 6 cans clean 2 bathrooms and 2 sets of stairs. As far as location goes Ocala looks nice but not alot of driving jobs. Lakeland would make sense seems to be alot of driving jobs. We are not city people So it makes sense for us to look near Plant city Ocala etc In fact we are planning on bringing our farm with us I say farm but we have 10 pet chickens 2 cats and a dog So we wil need room to roam. I will drive trucks till we land on our feet I dont really want to drive but it will be easier to get established via that route
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 07:51 AM)bigchuckie Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 05:42 AM)Nick P Wrote: Hey Steve, your going to love the weather down here. Are you going to lake land? The only thing is we can't get the prices you guys get up north but I deal with that.
I am going to pursue any means neccasary to make CC jan my primary income. I have driven trucks over half of my life i am just tired of it. I like the janitorial aspects no one bugs us I should done more reasearch into pricing but it was on a whim. THey asked I gave a price and boom. I did there carpets anyway. It is a good thing that I am the only one doing these accts. I see now it is easy to lose your butt. We vacuum 3k dust wash entry doors dump 6 cans clean 2 bathrooms and 2 sets of stairs. As far as location goes Ocala looks nice but not alot of driving jobs. Lakeland would make sense seems to be alot of driving jobs. We are not city people So it makes sense for us to look near Plant city Ocala etc In fact we are planning on bringing our farm with us I say farm but we have 10 pet chickens 2 cats and a dog So we wil need room to roam. I will drive trucks till we land on our feet I dont really want to drive but it will be easier to get established via that route

Well what ever you decide, I wish you the best. If you ever get close to Pasco County. Give me a shout. We can get a cup of coffee.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm Gene and I live in Sunny south Florida. Been a hwe for the 25 years. we also use a 175 with bonnets in some of the high-rises .

Gene
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
wow My name is Harold. Started hanging around carpet cleaning when you pulled them up and took them to the shop to clean. Started my own cc business in 1977 .You would think with all that time cleaning I would be a expert but far from it. I should in all probability be retired and living the good life. I won't retire as long as I have my health. CC has been good to me and the family. I still love it. If you don't, sell out and find something else or you will be unhappy latter in life. Pholisopht 101 sorry. I think this forum is about the best I have read keep up the good work.
OP crb HWE Orick orbital ophand buffer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The name is Daryl. Here's my story... My dad owns a cc'ing biz back home in VA and I was out pushing the wand since the age 14 (aren't there laws against that?). I grew up and after college, I worked in good ol' corporate America for a decade and some change and got stuck in middle management so I decided to make that move and start my own business a few years ago. Decided to create my biz strickly VLM after seeing the stress and expense that TMs create with my Dad's biz. Soooo... after a year or so of part-time cleaning to get my feet wet, I dove head first into my business full time about a year and a half ago. Best decision I've made (so far).
[-] The following 1 user Likes CleaningGreen's post:
  • Joeyjcc
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Cool story. Sounds like we've been in this about the same amount of time.

(05-16-2013, 11:01 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: The name is Daryl. Here's my story... My dad owns a cc'ing biz back home in VA and I was out pushing the wand since the age 14 (aren't there laws against that?). I grew up and after college, I worked in good ol' corporate America for a decade and some change and got stuck in middle management so I decided to make that move and start my own business a few years ago. Decided to create my biz strickly VLM after seeing the stress and expense that TMs create with my Dad's biz. Soooo... after a year or so of part-time cleaning to get my feet wet, I dove head first into my business full time about a year and a half ago. Best decision I've made (so far).

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
nice Daryl. so what's you Pop think of VLM? do you have him interested in trying it at least?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2013, 11:01 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: The name is Daryl. Here's my story... My dad owns a cc'ing biz back home in VA and I was out pushing the wand since the age 14 (aren't there laws against that?). I grew up and after college, I worked in good ol' corporate America for a decade and some change and got stuck in middle management so I decided to make that move and start my own business a few years ago. Decided to create my biz strickly VLM after seeing the stress and expense that TMs create with my Dad's biz. Soooo... after a year or so of part-time cleaning to get my feet wet, I dove head first into my business full time about a year and a half ago. Best decision I've made (so far).

My brother started working in the cleaning business in Tujunga Ca for a carpet cleaner who I believe was the original Rug Doctor. That was the name of the co. He had a plant for rugs but did shampoo some res. on site. I used to help in pit at the shop.I didn,t get paid but enjoyed it. I think Bud Weaver past away late 50's . I don't know if the family sold the Rug Doctor name? I remember Bud was telling us about a co wanting to buy the name.
OP crb HWE Orick orbital ophand buffer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2013, 04:23 PM)Derek Wrote: nice Daryl. so what's you Pop think of VLM? do you have him interested in trying it at least?

My dad is very open to VLM. He has a 175, two older CCS machines, and a CRB. They usually sit in his garage, but he has 'em! lol. He just can't seem to get his workers to embrace VLM... Plus he is still paying on a TM and van lease, so he can't cost justify NOT using HWE.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Are you from the valley, Harold?

(05-17-2013, 05:15 PM)Harold B Wrote:

My brother started working in the cleaning business in Tujunga Ca for a carpet cleaner who I believe was the original Rug Doctor. That was the name of the co. He had a plant for rugs but did shampoo some res. on site. I used to help in pit at the shop.I didn,t get paid but enjoyed it. I think Bud Weaver past away late 50's . I don't know if the family sold the Rug Doctor name? I remember Bud was telling us about a co wanting to buy the name.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: