Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who Are You?
I bought the dragon 3D. So far so good on the machine. Got the north star burner with it so I can set temps for either carpet or tile. The transition has been great. I get to a house and check out the carpet and if it's bad I fire up the dragon, if it's in good shape I low moisture it. With 2 of us we have got pretty efficient with hot water. Low moisture is fast but we aren't far behind with the dragon
[-] The following 1 user Likes bestchoice's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
rugman here! 30 years experience - been encapping for 15 of them. Didn't know there was a forum here!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes rugman's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
OH Dear... so glad you finally have arrived Rugman!! I get sad when people dont know we exist to help them through their VLM world!

WELCOME Rugman!
Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
welcome rugman.

so what encap did you start with 15 years back? and what are you using now?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
NoSticky is the best kept forum secret....so don't tell anybody!
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Ive been on this forum for a bit, but i thought I owe it to you guys and this thread to go ahead and intro myself. Im stephen meyer, i own meyer steam cleaning (new business name to come soon) and I work in Madison WI
[-] The following 1 user Likes stephenmm's post:
  • Con Schultz
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thought it would be nice to introduce myself.  I'm Billy Reynolds from St. Louis.  I am currently the Director of Operations for Jan-Pro St. Louis.  Some f you may already know me since I was fairly active in the industry in the past.  I have been in the industry since '98 owning a couple of ChemDry franchises and also running an independent company which performed water damage restoration, hard floor services, and janitorial services. 

I have experience in HWE both truckmount and portable, encap, bonneting and obviously the other services mentioned.  I currently oversee 100 franchise owners and close to 500 accounts.....with the help of my operations managers of course.  We have recently made the move to using Vacaway as our exclusive encap product.  

I look forward to learning from everyone.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Welcome Billy. Smart move selecting Vacaway products. Excellence across the entire product line. Enjoy the forum!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
New guy.  Getting ready to start up a carpet cleaning business, low moisture only, TRS machine.  Trying to get all the information that I can.  This forum has a ton of interesting information.  Just trying to put it all together to make sure I get off the ground and don't crash.  Pretty nervous.
[-] The following 9 users Like alanS's post:
  • Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Blush
I feel slacker than a rag doll because I haven't posted on this subject. Blush

Grab a beer or two, sit down & prepare to be bored.

Since the early '50's, I've been called Shorty.
BECAUSE I'm the youngest and shortest of five brothers.
I'm the only one under 6'2", standing 5'6+1/2" in my high heels.

I started in this game back in '71 in Perth, Western Australia, using an old 175 polisher & shampoo, one job was enough to tell me it was wrong.
I mainly did contract cleaning, you guys call it janitorial for several years.
I also had porties for a few years, but with no, zero, zilch education.
I was dumb & ignorant.

'76 saw me relocate to Weipa, Far North Queensland, about 3,000 miles northeast.
Here I managed Single Persons Quarters in a mining camp of roughly 800 rough guys and about 40 females.
It was also my job to keep the peace as well as the vinyl floors maintained an the camp mess hall, store and various offices, as well as oversee the running of the camp.
I had approx; 60 cleaners working for me + other ancillary staff.
I also trained others for the task of stripping & sealing.
I never saw the bosses from one month to the next.

'83 saw me up roots and move to Cairns, 500 miles down the track.
Again I started with janitorial with contracts with large airline companies and various clubs, Doctors surgeries and offices.
I could see a need for carpet & upholstery cleaning and started out again with some porties, where I also started cleaning island resorts.

Due to Berber Wool carpet in several First Class lounges that were always shrinking after steam cleaning (due in part to wrong installation), I got my first OP;
This was not the best made piece of equipment, but it did the job better than HWE (or CWE). Big Grin

Life was tough back then, living in the sticks with no internet, but I persevered and kept asking questions.
I finally found out about this mob called the Carpet Cleaners Association of Queensland, everything was done by telephone & snail mail.
My FIRST real intro to CARING FOR TEXTILES came in '86 when I did a course with 3M Scotchgard and became an authorized applicator.
Having met many members of the above group, I started getting serious and dumped the janitorial & went full time cc'ing;

Probably in mid '95, I got my first computer and started learning heaps more and annoying more people.

Then on Australia Day, 26 January 1996, I fell off my stationary Yamaha Virago 1100, fracturing my right tibia & crumbling my knee.
6 months in hospital with MRSA (Golden StaphWink & they wanted to amputate.
I spat the dummy, I still have my leg.
I would take bookings in hospital and relay them to a casual I had working for me.
The day I came out of hospital, he pulled the pin & I went back to work on crutches.
Also, the batteries laying dormant in my computer leaked, stuffing the whole machine.

I'd known about the Cimex machine for a long time, but it was "SHAMPOO" & I wasn't interested.
Then I read about this new product called encapsulation which piqued my interest.

October 2004 saw me on an aeroplane to Las Vegas where I tried the Cimex out.
Ordered one when I got home.
My life  was changed forever.

From then on, my truck mount (which I now no longer have), was used less and less, also my porties.

For now, it's just one Cimex, (sold the other recently), a Sprayborg and a few other bits and pieces, mainly all encap; or pad cap;

I'm downgrading and slowing down as I edge towards the ripe young age of 71 early next year.
I have restructured and made four businesses out of the original one.
I do intend to sell three.
I love this game & have no intention of stopping, just re-structuring before I get old, and start to travel more, making money as we travel.

Phew, time for a coldie.

I'm sorry  hatsoff   Angel
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-21-2015, 12:19 AM)alanS Wrote: New guy.  Getting ready to start up a carpet cleaning business, low moisture only, TRS machine.  Trying to get all the information that I can.  This forum has a ton of interesting information.  Just trying to put it all together to make sure I get off the ground and don't crash.  Pretty nervous.

Welcome Alan. You have started at the top of the low moisture game with Vac Away products and the Trinity OP machines. Search this forum and ask away. Everyone here is very helpful.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-21-2015, 08:17 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 12:19 AM)alanS Wrote: New guy.  Getting ready to start up a carpet cleaning business, low moisture only, TRS machine.  Trying to get all the information that I can.  This forum has a ton of interesting information.  Just trying to put it all together to make sure I get off the ground and don't crash.  Pretty nervous.

Welcome Alan. You have started at the top of the low moisture game with Vac Away products and the Trinity OP machines. Search this forum and ask away. Everyone here is very helpful.

Thanks Mardie, very kind of you all.  I do have a question for starters.  I have ordered an MX from Trinity.  In talking to the folks there and going thru their video's on Youtube they say that their warranty when they still had the carpet cleaning business was basically..." if it's not the best carpet cleaning you have ever had then you can have your money back".  That's a good warranty, but what Vac A Way products would you use to back that up?  I'm guessing 4 oz Hot Knife X with 4 oz Peroxcellent per gallon.  Prespray traffic area's with Blast??  That sounds like over-kill, but you don't want to be second best.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: