Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Orbot Weight Kit
anyone have a lightly used Orbot Weight Kit that they don't use and are interested in selling?

please post or p.m. me pictures and let me know your asking price.

or else click "email" below this message and send it that way.

tx! --- Derek.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
did your machine come with the little white plate...its not actually a weight but the same shape ..what the weights sit on....I had that...took it into a machine shop...the just used it ..and cut out 4 for each side...they weigh 4lbs a piece. so a total of 32lbs......and it cost me like $80...they could be poweder coated so they look nicer...but they have worked great...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Pretty smart having the weights made. I paid over 200.00 for mine through Excellent Supply. Why didn't i think of that. LOLtaptap
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 07:58 PM)joelhall Wrote: did your machine come with the little white plate...its not actually a weight but the same shape ..what the weights sit on

little white plate? i don't THINK so. mine is an older model from 2008.

here are some pic's of mine taken today. look at the wonderful "powdercoat" job Angry from what i hear HOS now truly Powder Coats it.?.

Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If you call HOS USA and ask for the white plates the will send them to you with the nuts and bolts. They did for me and they didn't charge me!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
From the pics you just posted i do not see the holes where the bolts would even go in.......not sure how you would do it
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
drat, well that figures.

tx for the info Joel & Nick Smile

perhaps i can just screw it into the top of the base plate. i better call HOS.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes, call HOS and see what they suggest.

(03-14-2013, 09:37 AM)Derek Wrote: drat, well that figures.

tx for the info Joel & Nick Smile

perhaps i can just screw it into the top of the base plate. i better call HOS.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
$65 for the 2 white plates and the screws...and they'll email me a video of installation instructions.

i asked if new model Orbot's come with the white plates she said yes i said well can i get it for just the price of shipping since mine never got it she said when they started putting the white plate on in 2012 they then upped the price so people are in fact paying for them i said oh gee willickers OK.

hopefully she'll email me the video before i decide on the white plates.

could someone please take a pic of what their Orbot looks like with their weight set on 1 side and then remove the weight set and take another picture? i want to see what is holding the weights on there among other things.

thanx if anyone can do that Big Grin

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
maybe someone can take a pencil and paper and trace their white plate for me and mail it to me? then i can take the said paper tracing to a machine shop and get some weights made up?

Tongue thanks Wink

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Contact Brent.

He was making plates for a while. He might have a blueprint you can use. If not, let me know and I will see if I can figure something out.

Also, you might just want to bring the Orbot to a machine shop and see what they say. They might have a very affordable solution.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2013, 12:26 PM)Derek Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 07:58 PM)joelhall Wrote: did your machine come with the little white plate...its not actually a weight but the same shape ..what the weights sit on

here are some pic's of mine taken today. look at the wonderful "powdercoat" job Angry from what i hear HOS now truly Powder Coats it.?.
They don't I swear it rustoleum from a can. Amazing how it matches perfect.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Derek, I think the easiest thing would be to get someone to trace the white plastic plates on paper and mail to you. Take it to a machine shop and show them what you want done.

The weights are just 1/2" x 4" flat bar. I've made a few sets, but the shipping seems to be killer to get down to everyone. Those plastic plates are just held on by the 2 bolts that hold the blue plate and the white rings together. When I made my sets, I just pulled those bolts out, set a plate on, and put a longer bolt through it. Then you drill and tap 2 more holes into that plate, put a piece of threaded rod into it. All the other weights need 2 hole drilled into them to slide over the threaded rods. Put a wing nut on each rod and you're golden. I used to make my mine for about $50, for a 10 plate, 40lb set. That was sand blasted and painted.

If you're going to go to a machine shop to get them done, find one that has a plasma table to cut them out. They will be able to copy your traced print from someone, into a computer. Then send it off to the table, where the plasma cutter will cut your weights out of the metal layed out on the table. Clean up the edges, drill some holes. Sand blast if wanted, and paint.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2013, 12:26 PM)Derek Wrote:

That's what mine looks like Derek. No place for the weight kit and chipping paint. The only difference is the white guard isn't that weight. My machine really need a make over
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 07:58 PM)joelhall Wrote: did your machine come with the little white plate...its not actually a weight but the same shape ..what the weights sit on....I had that...took it into a machine shop...the just used it ..and cut out 4 for each side...they weigh 4lbs a piece. so a total of 32lbs......and it cost me like $80...they could be poweder coated so they look nicer...but they have worked great...

Joel can you post a picture of these weights on the Orbot?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-29-2013, 11:56 AM)BGCD Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 07:58 PM)joelhall Wrote: did your machine come with the little white plate...its not actually a weight but the same shape ..what the weights sit on....I had that...took it into a machine shop...the just used it ..and cut out 4 for each side...they weigh 4lbs a piece. so a total of 32lbs......and it cost me like $80...they could be poweder coated so they look nicer...but they have worked great...

I sold orbot or I would have sorry
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 09:53 PM)joelhall Wrote:

No problem. I just one. And was looking for some used weights. Or a less expensive set.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 07:39 AM)BGCD Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 09:53 PM)joelhall Wrote:

No problem. I just one. And was looking for some used weights. Or a less expensive set.
Me too! 2 years later did u ever get any?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
if you're asking me, i went ahead and ordered the official set from Hruby...works great but very pricey

Reply }}
Thanks given by: