Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Tee/Vee Jet Experts here?
i am wondering if i could simply replace the jet on my Trio so that the spray will reach to the ends of the 20" brush. you can see in this video it's obvious that most of the solution stays in the center 9"-10".

i of course would like it to spray out farther, and idk how to add a 2nd jet to this setup.

tx for any advice Big Grin
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2013, 01:26 PM)Derek Wrote: i am wondering if i could simply replace the jet on my Trio so that the spray will reach to the ends of the 20" brush. you can see in this video it's obvious that most of the solution stays in the center 9"-10".

i of course would like it to spray out farther, and idk how to add a 2nd jet to this setup.

tx for any advice Big Grin

I do not see the video?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
what is the numbers on the jet now? the first 2 numbers indicate degree of angle, last 2 indicate flow.

so if you have an 8002 on it, it sprays 02 flow at 80 degrees. You may try going 11002 to increase width, or 8003 to increase flow.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2013, 02:43 PM)Gary M Wrote: I do not see the video?
opps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5qGQnVB...e=youtu.be

(04-28-2013, 03:29 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: what is the numbers on the jet now? the first 2 numbers indicate degree of angle, last 2 indicate flow.

so if you have an 8002 on it, it sprays 02 flow at 80 degrees. You may try going 11002 to increase width, or 8003 to increase flow.
tx for the info Con. i just cleaned it up and flipped the brushes and then read this. i'll have to try and find a # on it. i flushed it with water and held the trigger while putting my hand along both edges of the brush, the spray IS reaching the ends. it's just that more of it hits the center. perhaps a higher flow jet will increase that...then again, it will just mean that more hits the center as well. which could be a problem. i think 2 jets would be a little better of a design. either way, this machine is pretty awesome so far. i can't complain.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Derek

I think you would be asking to much for any jet to have a even distribution for that width with it being so close to the area to be sprayed..imagine back in the day with your carpet wand using a 20" wand with single jet lol... Doesn't make much sense... Right? I think that is a nice machine you have on demo but I personally would go with the smaller size for several reasons
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
good point Rob.

are you 95% commercial like me though?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I agree with Rob.

If you decide to keep it (not sure if you said or not?), you could always make a "T" and have 2 jets further apart? Pretty easy to do imo with a few fittings from a hardware store.
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
wouldnt that cut the 20 psi in half?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
derek, your PSI is irrelevant to the tool, but 20 PSI may only be able support a given amount of flow rate - for instance if you have 02 flow now, it likely wont support 04, maybe 03 however TOTAL. so if you have 02 now for example, to go to 2 jet system would be 2 jets of 01 - to get to the 02 flow still.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i GUESS i understand. so 2 jets at 01 would have the same flow as 1 jet of 02.

since the 1 jet on it now is "built in", i cant move it. so that means i'd have to put on 2 additional jets, because only adding one more would put it on the left or right side...make sense? lol 20 psi can't handle 3 jets...i must have that thinking right.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Exactly what Con said....

Yes since the jet is built in, it might be a little harder? But it can be done.

You just have to take a look at the plumbing a little bit.
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2013, 06:40 PM)Derek Wrote: good point Rob.

are you 95% commercial like me though?

Derek
No I am not 95 commercial and that's a great point...(I am heading that way!)but I would rather use the smaller machine that probably has a better spray function. For example if it truly is spraying as it appears how much solution could possible get along hallway baseboards, desk, etc.. As far as previously mentioned you could probably make a adapter bar and add 2 jets but personally 20 psi(really!) I don't think I would unless it had a huge size jet like 04 then I might go with 02's. A lot is involved depends on tip size, hose size, pump size, gallons per minute, size of solution tank. Looking at solution tank it appears it would be difficult to add the nozzles. Also the more solution you go through the more time refilling and that tank does not look very large.
I remembered when I first say the add on spray system for the brush pro I kinda chuckled..but the more I think about it I like it.. They have a 3 gal(I think) solution tank that sets off away from machine and then a solution line runs to the machines 50 ft long and 50 psi 1jet. The solution line would be a big deal you just pull it along with the cord and have crb plug next to sprayer plug(or cordless).. This set up would be easy to add 2 jets because it's a single jet system.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A little different perspective. I am not sure I would add another jet. I understandtand why you want too, but. The way it is currently, you are getting needed overlap for extra aggitation without overwetting the carpet. If you add jets and wet more area, you may spend more time going back over the entire area with no spray for extra aggitation as opposed to the overlapping you are doing now? Not sure if this makes sense
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
that makes great sense to me Gary, i agree.

Rob that extra sol hose running behind you with the cord just seems like another pain in terms of having to keep it out of the CRB's "mouth" ... if you know what i mean lol

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The extra hose velcroed to the power cord would keep them together and not me much different than keeping the Cord-Eater away from the Hose-Cord.

I am with Coby on the fact that 20psi has little to do with the equation. the potential volume of the pump is what matters.

The overlap you will normally be doing will have an impact also.

Can you adjust the flow of the solution at all at this point? Or can you just turn it on and off? Are you leaving it on all the time? Slowing down on spots and traffic lane and or going over them a couple of times?

How long with the current setup does it take to go through a tank of solution?

Thanks,
Rick
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2013, 12:55 AM)Rick Imby Wrote: The extra hose velcroed to the power cord would keep them together and not me much different than keeping the Cord-Eater away from the Hose-Cord. that's a fantastic idea, plus the extra girth would make it a little more difficult for the brushes to grab on to it.

I am with Coby on the fact that 20psi has little to do with the equation. the potential volume of the pump is what matters.

The overlap you will normally be doing will have an impact also.

Can you adjust the flow of the solution at all at this point? Or can you just turn it on and off? Are you leaving it on all the time? Slowing down on spots and traffic lane and or going over them a couple of times?yea you can pull the trigger and spray when you want to, but i dont see a way to lower the flow...it's just on or off. maybe under the "hood" i can find something. i def put more down and go over areas multiple times that are in greater need, ie: spots/traffic lanes.

How long with the current setup does it take to go through a tank of solution?too soon to tell. i've only used it small average-soiled project & 1 larger heavily oiled project.

Thanks,
Rick

Reply }}
Thanks given by: