Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphite Dust
I have an estimate tomorrow. This company has a lot of graphite dust. Any ideas on how to tackle this with either a Cimex a Duplex420 or hopefully a Trinity? Fun Fun

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
My guess would be vacuum, vacuum, vacuum, and vacuum, then may want to check into a detergent with enough "suspenders" to hold the remaning graphite in a solute, until you are able to begin extracting. Anyway that is what I have done in the past. Good luck
Curtis
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
spots or bigger all over issues?

I use cyclone VLM with pretty good success under recliners etc by hand. you could add it into your prespray for larger areas??

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Good advice for both gentleman above.

Vacuum get up as much as you can dry and Cyclone works well too.

It needs a lubricant to loosen and suspend.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I will be looking at it tomorrow morning. I will let you all know after I see it. But I will be using the Cimex on it for sure. Any special solution mix?

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
There was finger print dust on our very first job. We were too new to know what to do with it. We vacuumed and hit it with a bonnet and it cleaned right up.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I did a job like that last year. Used a Certified Pilelifter and then used a 175/300 with green stripped bonnet pads. Game out great. It was a Large Real Estate office and I have picked up a ton of business from doing that one job.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
wont know further info until you know if you are doing spots or 200 ft plastered... doubt cimex will help on either account however - it will spread, not lift out.(IMO)

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2013, 12:58 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: wont know further info until you know if you are doing spots or 200 ft plastered... doubt cimex will help on either account however - it will spread, not lift out.(IMO)

Con

Con if you used a CM on this. Would the pads just be toast? Or do you think you could wash them? Anything special you would do? I actually may have a CM for this job instead of the Cimex.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Use terry towels to pull up the worst if you don't have a spotting machine. Then you won't ruin your pads so much.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I see much of the graphite issue done by hand before you get to regular carpet cleaning. Still depends on what you really have to work with. Even a stepson I think would be better than doing it while standing. Graphite is never 'easy'

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Does your Duplex rinse also? If it does, it might be a good first choice after extensive vacuuming and spotting.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: