Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot ?'s
Does the Orbot not have a pad driver on the bottom? If not what does it have exactly and do the pads just stay under it ok? It looks like their is velcro. If so is that a pain to deal with?

How well have they held up? Have you had many problems?

Does it need the weights to clean good? If so it may be problem getting it up and down stairs anyway.

Is SuperZorbs and Micro Beasts ok? Or do you have any other pad recommendations?

Is the Fiber Plus ok to use on residential? If it's bad.

And with any of these pads do you always need to use a glider?

Would Encap Green and Peroxellent be a good combination on most jobs? If so how do you mix the two?

It looks like it would be a lot easier to get up and down stairs with one person. Compared to the CM. Maybe 30lbs difference. We usually run one man vans. And I don't need a tech getting hurt getting these machines up and down stairs. I took a Cimex into a house the other day. To the basement and then to the second floor. It wasn't very fun. I could see using a Trinity on two man vans.

I have a 2-DD4.8TM's. But I want to quit using them on all of my jobs. I want a mix. I also have some Tennant buffers and a Cimex. But I want to try an OP machine. And it looks like based on weight alone it will probably be the Orbot..

A lot of questions I know. Thanks for the help.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 04:55 PM)BGCD Wrote: Does the Orbot not have a pad driver on the bottom? If not what does it have exactly and do the pads just stay under it ok? It looks like their is velcro. If so is that a pain to deal with?

Orbot uses a Velcro pad driver. Replace it 1 - 2 X's a year depending on use....

Overall durable machine. You need to change the Velcro though or you could have problems with the machine locking up.

Is SuperZorbs and Micro Beasts ok? Or do you have any other pad recommendations?

They work great.

They're ok, but MF pads with scrub strips are as good if not better.

Depends on the carpet.

Would Encap Green and Peroxellent be a good combination on most jobs? If so how do you mix the two?

Yes, together they smell like bubble gum and clean great. EG depends on carpet condition, Peroxcellent is 10 oz. per gallon.

It looks like it would be a lot easier to get up and down stairs with one person. Compared to the CM. Maybe 30lbs difference. We usually run one man vans. And I don't need a tech getting hurt getting these machines up and down stairs. I took a Cimex into a house the other day. To the basement and then to the second floor. It wasn't very fun. I could see using a Trinity on two man vans.

Getting any of these machines up and down a set of stairs is always a chore....

Get the weight set for the Orbot. It's a must have, imo.

I have a 2-DD4.8TM's. But I want to quit using them on all of my jobs. I want a mix. I also have some Tennant buffers and a Cimex. But I want to try an OP machine. And it looks like based on weight alone it will probably be the Orbot..

I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Take a look at a Defender with eight inch wheels. I bought two of them several years ago for about the price of one Orbot. It's not as sexy as the Orbot but mine run great and clean great without any weight kits. Www.orbitecsolutions.com

I think the Defender blows the Orbot away in everything but appearance. That said, I work in very high end homes and have never had a client comment negatively on my ugly duckling. They have loved the results and I've received the Angie's List Super Service Award 3 years in a row.

Just saying.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 06:06 PM)Rug Beater Wrote: Take a look at a Defender with eight inch wheels. I bought two of them several years ago for about the price of one Orbot. It's not as sexy as the Orbot but mine run great and clean great without any weight kits. Www.orbitecsolutions.com

I think the Defender blows the Orbot away in everything but appearance. That said, I work in very high end homes and have never had a client comment negatively on my ugly duckling. They have loved the results and I've received the Angie's List Super Service Award 3 years in a row.

Just saying.

You must have the one's without the spray system right?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 05:10 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 04:55 PM)BGCD Wrote: Does the Orbot not have a pad driver on the bottom? If not what does it have exactly and do the pads just stay under it ok? It looks like their is velcro. If so is that a pain to deal with?

Orbot uses a Velcro pad driver. Replace it 1 - 2 X's a year depending on use....

Overall durable machine. You need to change the Velcro though or you could have problems with the machine locking up.

They work great.

Depends on the carpet.

Yes, together they smell like bubble gum and clean great. EG depends on carpet condition, Peroxcellent is 10 oz. per gallon.

So the weight kit is a necessity even for residential cleaning? I was hoping weight kit was more for commercial or tile maybe.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Weights are a must have, no matter what.

(06-06-2013, 06:25 PM)BGCD Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 05:10 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote:

They work great.

Depends on the carpet.

So the weight kit is a necessity even for residential cleaning? I was hoping weight kit was more for commercial or tile maybe.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 06:06 PM)Rug Beater Wrote: Take a look at a Defender with eight inch wheels. I bought two of them several years ago for about the price of one Orbot. It's not as sexy as the Orbot but mine run great and clean great without any weight kits. Www.orbitecsolutions.com

Just saying.
Is the defender an OP or rotary?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The defender is an OP machine. Pretty nice imo, but the Orbot is better in every way.

I have ran both machines and prefer the Orbot.
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No spray system. I clean mostly residential and don't want a sprayer in the way. I've never run a Orbot but I didn't think it was worth the extra $$$, still don't. But that's just my opinion. How much is an Orbot these days?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 08:22 PM)Rug Beater Wrote: No spray system. I clean mostly residential and don't want a sprayer in the way. I've never run a Orbot but I didn't think it was worth the extra $$$, still don't. But that's just my opinion. How much is an Orbot these days?

$3,495
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have to admit that I like the way the spray jug sits "in" the machine better on the defender and trinity.

On the Orbot, the jug sits really high.

Not bad, just me being anal...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have a little used CCS 17" Brute (cousin to the defender) to sell if you are interested. smooth as a button!!! Next to no shake at the handle. A challenge to get back into the USA as I am in Canada, but with right timing - can be done. Was 3K new if I remember right.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Defender is $1,995.00 , does not include spray system but you can buy a lot of pump up sprayers for $1,500. Cons machine would be a great deal if you can get it over the border. Too bad Con doesn't live in Mexico.padding
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We pulled the Sprayborg off our Orbots and went to Mytee's Big Boss Sprayer.

The tech's like it much better, easier to maneuver the Orbot around. Plus the Big Boss sprayer holds 5-gallons, you spray more in the traffic areas and no more messing with the tight fitting jug holder.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Cool Richard....pics?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The Big Boss?

On larger job we carry concentrate in the smaller jug other wise we don't carry it on the unit. We have two of them, they are really nice sprayers.

[Image: bbsprayer_zps105b3637.jpg]

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 09:54 AM)Richardc Wrote: The Big Boss?

On larger job we carry concentrate in the smaller jug other wise we don't carry it on the unit. We have two of them, they are really nice sprayers.

[Image: bbsprayer_zps105b3637.jpg]

tx. i was thinking you meant that sprayer attaches to the Orbot like the Sprayborg does Big Grin
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Undecided Derek.....that's why we took the borgs off.....they were in the way and I feel you have been control of your spray. Tongue

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Lol I thought the same thing.

Chavez, just set the Boss where the borg used to go!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You guys are pathetic! Tongue

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Big Grin