Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heat exchanger for gen set
just a little something I have been working on

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Tried this for a few years---worked but when it was not running water continuous it would dry out exchange and burst hoses. 240 degree in a few minutes off a 30 hp Gen. Took out gas tank on gen and hooked line into vehicle fuel tank with 12v fuel pump. Lots of things to maintain.

slideshow
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 03:21 PM)joel hoppe Wrote: Tried this for a few years---worked but when it was not running water continuous it would dry out exchange and burst hoses. 240 degree in a few minutes off a 30 hp Gen. Took out gas tank on gen and hooked line into vehicle fuel tank with 12v fuel pump. Lots of things to maintain.

slideshow

sorry but if I had to do all that and pack a van that tight I would so with a small frame gas truck mount.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A simple diverter valve should work fine for regulating heat?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 08:01 PM)Mike Martell Wrote: A simple diverter valve should work fine for regulating heat?

you need to add thermal protection as in relief valve for safety concerns
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Looks cool terry. Can't wait to see the finished product....
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 07:09 PM)fjordking Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 03:21 PM)joel hoppe Wrote: Tried this for a few years---worked but when it was not running water continuous it would dry out exchange and burst hoses. 240 degree in a few minutes off a 30 hp Gen. Took out gas tank on gen and hooked line into vehicle fuel tank with 12v fuel pump. Lots of things to maintain.

slideshow

sorry but if I had to do all that and pack a van that tight I would so with a small frame gas truck mount.

Yes I agree but 75% of jobs are high rise and I need a portable anyway, so this setup similar to a bane truckmount was one system for homes and highrises. Worked for awhile but could not handle 70 hour weeks day and night without constant repair.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2013, 08:01 PM)Mike Martell Wrote: A simple diverter valve should work fine for regulating heat?

My hx has a diverter on back end of hx----but it would boil all water in unit if you stopped running wand and moved furniture around for more then ten minutes. But it produced killer heat.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A relief valve is a given. The diverter valve would regulate the temperature.

If your TM was boiling water then something was wrong with the valve or the design.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: