Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone here make an annual marketing calendar?
for several years I have made an annual calendar of when our various marketing pieces hit the streets & how. We plan ahead for how times a new neighborhood is hit & how often (ie postcard & newsletter combination). or a repeat on going neighborhood as well. we plan for 'pee season', as well as a number of other events like schools back or Christmas for example. We have a number of ongoing marketing things we do such as free refill spotting bottles & daily radio ad.

Do you plan a year in advance? If so, when during the year do you write up / prep your ads etc. I aim to have my entire year done & ready to go starting Jan 15 & done by Mar 15 every year as that is our off season. I am too busy 'in season' to write up anything of quality & I find it a whole lot easier to 'say no' to whatever marketing person that walks in the door on any given day saying their deadline is this friday...

What say you? Would you save yourself a whole lot of grief & would you be busier more consistently year round if you planned well?

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We should be. I'm having a hard enough time deciding what to do for January and February. lol
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I always start out with good intentions, but I usually end up in January doing as we are doing this week laying out the year.

This year I did better and had Wayne make me 4-sets of postcards so I am actually ahead and have a jump start on the year.

We are currently working on improving old material instead of urgently trying to develop new pieces.

I've got a thousand things for Wayne to make me from adding web pages to new services business cards.

As far as planning yea, Dan and I have set aside a couple of hours everyday this week for strategic planning and laying out a marketing plan and budget for the year.

In good times it was less critical, but with the economy as it is, we have to be sure to have a plan that gets the most bang for the buck. It also helps to keep from impulsive spending which is easy to do with no plan.

We're been guilty of that before! LOL
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I can send anything out this month cuz I don't have any money!crying
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I don't believe you!