Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every Door Direct Mail
I'm going to be doing a EDDM campaign. Will be sending about 2,500 post cards that Wayne is designing for me. Just curious to see if anyone else is doing this.

If so, what is your offer?

What kind of results have you had?

How often have you mailed?

I'm planning on doing a spring and fall mailing to the same list, though, I may add a summer card to.

I'll post my card when it's done and keep everyone posted on results
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Awesome!

Keep us posted.

I've kicked the idea around of doing one in a few select areas. Mostly single story homes, smaller size, easy in and out (I'd hope).

On the fence with where I want to go with resi right now so who knows.

From what I've read you need to hit the same homes 2 - 3 times to get a real gauge on the success of the program. Not sure how true that is though.

Is there a lot of competition in your area?

Will you be running coupons or just a list of services, etc.?

Good luck!

(08-21-2013, 08:28 PM)Rug Beater Wrote: I'm going to be doing a EDDM campaign. Will be sending about 2,500 post cards that Wayne is designing for me. Just curious to see if anyone else is doing this.

If so, what is your offer?

What kind of results have you had?

How often have you mailed?

I'm planning on doing a spring and fall mailing to the same list, though, I may add a summer card to.

I'll post my card when it's done and keep everyone posted on results
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've tried that a few times and it didn't even give me 3% back so I don't do it any more. Let us know how you make out.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We built our business on doing something very similar. For every 1000 mailers sent we got back 2 to 3 jobs.

This might seem strange to you, but I was happy with that. Overall, we would break about even money wise. However; we would gain new customers that would consistently call us back year after year. So you must take that into serious consideration. Not only that but some of those customers will refer you to their friends and that also must be taken into serious consideration.

If you are looking to find a form of paid advertising that will magically make you a lot of money quickly... this isn't the way to go, but, IMO, it can be a great tool to make your residential business grow slowly, but very consistently. We mailed to the same areas about every 3 to 4 months, year after year.

I am of the school that if you break even on most forms of paid advertising/marketing you have done well! There are hidden benefits that can pay off very, very well in the long run (repeats & referrals). The long run is where it is at with most successful businesses.

It is my very strong opinion, based on years of experience, that anyone that expects high returns from just about any form of advertising in the carpet cleaning business is setting themselves up for disappointment and failure.

This has been a moment with Steve. Big Grin Beer
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve Smith's post:
  • infamousdave, infamousdave, Steve TheCarpetGuy
Reply }}
Thanks given by: infamousdave
You made a very good point Steve.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i agree with what Steve Posted...2 or 3 calls per 1000 sounds about right....we mentioned the over purchasing of machines....well when it comes to advertising that is my real weakness.....i have spent more money and tried more things than i ever needed to.....i looked into the EDDM and in my opinion it is still tooooo expensive...unless like Steve mentioned you are happy with breaking even.....

i have tried........door hanger ( co op 10,000 at a time ) register tape, val pak, money mailer, several other direct mail pieces ( always co op type ) , radio, tv, newspaper, newspaper inserts, thrifty nickel type papers , sticky note on newspaper , adwords

what has worked....TV was awesome...buy in any market with any size its probably not in the budget...it was very cheap here...and for a demographic of 100,000 people in about 6 counties....i would get tons of calls consistently a 4 to 1 return

newspaper has worked well...i know everyone thinks its a thing of the past...but in this market the old people still read it....and i also get younger peeps from it too.... plus it includes a bunch of online stuff along with it which has helped my google organic listing rise

one of the very best returns i ever had was newspaper inserts...i spent $550 to send out 10,000 once and made $3500 back in new customers...that was in the Boise ID market...a place saturated with carpet cleaners......inserts however have gone way up in price...and that was not the normal response ...

I am currently doing the sticky note that is on the front of the newspaper...i send out 10,000 per month ...so far its pretty good...no real numbers...im getting lazier and lazier...at keeping track of stuff...as long as the phone rings....

I would agree....there is no magic bullet...i have searched and searched...but there are ways to make 4 to 1 returns pretty consistently...especially in the busy season....you have to experiment and try different things...

I would also say...that it is my strong opinion....that if the ad does not work the first time....the odds are very very high that it will not work the 2nd or 3rd time either.....thats a pitch from the sales guy...that it needs to be seen over and over......i have never found this to be true...it either works or it doesnt
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Will you be using TV again?

4:1 sounds great!

Google has been my only source. I have to suspect that it's one of the best, though I have nothing to compare it to.

(08-27-2013, 08:50 PM)joelhall Wrote: i agree with what Steve Posted...2 or 3 calls per 1000 sounds about right....we mentioned the over purchasing of machines....well when it comes to advertising that is my real weakness.....i have spent more money and tried more things than i ever needed to.....i looked into the EDDM and in my opinion it is still tooooo expensive...unless like Steve mentioned you are happy with breaking even.....

i have tried........door hanger ( co op 10,000 at a time ) register tape, val pak, money mailer, several other direct mail pieces ( always co op type ) , radio, tv, newspaper, newspaper inserts, thrifty nickel type papers , sticky note on newspaper , adwords

what has worked....TV was awesome...buy in any market with any size its probably not in the budget...it was very cheap here...and for a demographic of 100,000 people in about 6 counties....i would get tons of calls consistently a 4 to 1 return

newspaper has worked well...i know everyone thinks its a thing of the past...but in this market the old people still read it....and i also get younger peeps from it too.... plus it includes a bunch of online stuff along with it which has helped my google organic listing rise

one of the very best returns i ever had was newspaper inserts...i spent $550 to send out 10,000 once and made $3500 back in new customers...that was in the Boise ID market...a place saturated with carpet cleaners......inserts however have gone way up in price...and that was not the normal response ...

I am currently doing the sticky note that is on the front of the newspaper...i send out 10,000 per month ...so far its pretty good...no real numbers...im getting lazier and lazier...at keeping track of stuff...as long as the phone rings....

I would agree....there is no magic bullet...i have searched and searched...but there are ways to make 4 to 1 returns pretty consistently...especially in the busy season....you have to experiment and try different things...

I would also say...that it is my strong opinion....that if the ad does not work the first time....the odds are very very high that it will not work the 2nd or 3rd time either.....thats a pitch from the sales guy...that it needs to be seen over and over......i have never found this to be true...it either works or it doesnt
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2013, 12:32 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Will you be using TV again?

4:1 sounds great!

Google has been my only source. I have to suspect that it's one of the best, though I have nothing to compare it to.

(08-27-2013, 08:50 PM)joelhall Wrote: i agree with what Steve Posted...2 or 3 calls per 1000 sounds about right....we mentioned the over purchasing of machines....well when it comes to advertising that is my real weakness.....i have spent more money and tried more things than i ever needed to.....i looked into the EDDM and in my opinion it is still tooooo expensive...unless like Steve mentioned you are happy with breaking even.....

no tv has gone up a little in price...and for just part time its overkill

google has worked for me as well...but it is definetly a passive form of advertising...sometimes with direct mail etc you may get someone who was not really thinking of cleaning anytime soon but then decides to because of your special etc...where as google you are just waiting for those in need to contact you or any of the others that pop up along with you...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Try this website t will text you for free when there is a carpet cleaning in your area or where ever you want the cleans from.

Thumbtack.com

It's gotten me over 10 jobs in a month!

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2014, 09:47 PM)Black2WhiteCarpetCleaning Wrote: Try this website t will text you for free when there is a carpet cleaning in your area or where ever you want the cleans from.

Thumbtack.com

It's gotten me over 10 jobs in a month!

When they send you the leads, what percentage do you close? I signed up for this the other day after you posted it and have received 2 leads already. I guess i' just wondering how hard they are to close in your experience?
Tools: Old Blue CCS OP machine, Gem oscillating stair machine, Dyson vacuum, Bissell Proforce vacuum, Vacaway chems, Glad pads, Pump up sprayers. padding

www.smartdrycarpetcleaning.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I get a 80% profit off of the site, that to me is pretty good.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Out of 10 I will get 7 of them.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 03:25 AM)Black2WhiteCarpetCleaning Wrote: Out of 10 I will get 7 of them.

At regular price or do you have a special discounted price for Thumbtack?
Tools: Old Blue CCS OP machine, Gem oscillating stair machine, Dyson vacuum, Bissell Proforce vacuum, Vacaway chems, Glad pads, Pump up sprayers. padding

www.smartdrycarpetcleaning.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Regular Price plus I add on the cost of the quote to submit it.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Instead of direct mail, try QCards App you can target your area and customize your post card and it's super cheap

Reply }}
Thanks given by: