Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stemon Demon on a stick=modified Zipper or not
Been following a thread on MB about the Zipper drag wand. Looks to me like it could be modified and used the same way as if it were a SD exept that it would be a lot more manoverable. The big difference is that you would need a super porty with a pump out to use it and 4-5 gal. a min. of water coming from a tap.
Just a thought
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
since i own a steamin demon and have a zipper on the truck currently....

nothing like a drag wand Smile

eventually ill have video out
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Who would want to spend all that money on a zipper, just to run it from a porty? or sink. No Mardie, not a good idea.

Better to spend the money on a little scrubber, and pre scrub before wanding.

The zipper looks to me like a high production tool, high heat high flow , strong vac, would be needed , (TM ) or else the purpose of the tool gets compromised.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2013, 09:12 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Who would want to spend all that money on a zipper, just to run it from a porty? or sink. No Mardie, not a good idea.

Better to spend the money on a little scrubber, and pre scrub before wanding.

The zipper looks to me like a high production tool, high heat high flow , strong vac, would be needed , (TM ) or else the purpose of the tool gets compromised.

The reason I mentioned this is that if you could run the 4-5 gal. per min. from a tap, is that it would make a very good flushing tool. Not for general cleaning but for them situations that would require a serious flush. Will have to dry carpet after this use then do a final clean.

I think that all you would have to do is change the spray tips and add a low pressure high volume pump at the sink to compensate for the small diameter plumbing on the Zipper.

I would not basterdize a perfectly good piece of equipment like the Zipper
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I see your point Mardie, but at 4-5 gals per min you better have some nice vacuum.

I think cleantech is Ok on the vacuum side of things Smile
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Lefty is right, you have to consider the vacuum also.
You can put flood jets on any wand but you need enough vacuum to recover it.
The right portable and a short hose run probably would work but that set up is nothing like a SD, but both have their good and bad points.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: