The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many Pads do i need ??
I would like to know how many pads and what kind of pads I would need to keep a Trinity CM or the New replacement for the Profit going for 10 hrs. non stop on CGD carpet ?
As far as the most absorbent pads go are they as absorbent as a cotton bath towel ?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
CGD will destroy cotton pads pretty quick. I use micro fiber with scrub strips on cgd or fiber plus if encaping
For soil removal I use cotton poly blend (glad) pads. They are very absorbent and durable.

Sent from my iPhone
We Leave Nothing Behind!
Uncontrollable smiling may occur!
padding happy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How many pads is entirely dependent on what you're trying to accomplish. If you are trying to encap only you can do the whole thing with a couple of mf pads with scrub strips or 1 or 2 fiber plus type pads. If you instead are trying to "pad clean", that is remove the bulk of soil with pads and have "some" additional soil encapsulated, then you would want to change pads approx every 1-200 square feet.

I personally find cotton pads grip to the carpet a lot stronger and make the machines more difficult to control. Glads or MF pads would work fine for that purpose IMHO.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Depends on the condition.

Overall, Glads or Zorbs would be my pick. I like MF pads, but I don't think they're as absorbent.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
listen to Grant.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Rolleyes

(09-14-2013, 02:57 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: listen to Grant.

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mardie

20-30 MFs, 10+ glads 5+ tan scrubbers....

then there is 'stock' for canadians who cant get stuff up here every 3 days... I say an extra 1/3 - to 1/2 more for difficulty of shipping

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I mainly do cgd, superzorb and glads are the pads I usually reach for, seem to do better for me than the micros. According on dirt level of the cgd I am cleaning, but I can go 400-1000 sqft with flipping them over about half way. I don't have the King Daddy though, I use the Orbot for now.

Once I got the glads in, they seem to be the pads we select if I have both the superzorbs and glads in the bucket. The glads are thinner, but seem to turn so much smoother, yet clean just as good imo. And because of this, you may need more glads than superzorbs on a job as they are thinner and may not hold quite as much soil.

I did 15000 sqft 3 different days on a job this summer, I never went over 22 pads for any of the 3. You can change the pads more, but from our view and experiments on the carpets we were doing, we could tell no difference in the carpet cleanliness changing them out more often (by eye), so we stretched out our use a little more, though I must say, we really do a deep vacuuming with the Shark Prof. Rotator which really seems to remove a lot of the soil when it is still dry, so what is left in the carpet is basically what is stuck to the fibers.

Gotta give a shout out to the glads though, they are soooo smooth. I am in love with Intensity Red, but like the new encap green as well.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mardie , sense I like you, I will break it down for you.

1) The micros with scrub strips, give you medium scrub action and medium absorption,

2) the fiber plus give you heavy scrub action and light absorption,

3)tuways give you light scrub and light absorption,

3)the glad pads give you heavy absorption and light scrub action.

The heavy scrubbing ( fiber plus) pads are for dirty carpet that is worn, they would be to aggressive for residential carpet that is in good condition, But should be fine for all commercial glue down, use either as a scrub n run encap or as a pre scrub followed by absorbing pads.

The light scrubbing pads (tuways) are great for residential carpet that needs a gentle touch, can straight encap for light soil, or use as a prescrub followed by absorbing pads.

The micros with scrub strips are a little more aggressive then tuways but not as aggressive as fiber plus, they will give you a good medium mix of scrubbing and absorbing

Glad pads are the king at removing soil (cotton pads are better but not available?) Use the glads when ever you want max soil removal, use a scrubbing pad first on heavy soiled areas follow with glads.

That's a basic run down on the most common pads, I would say get 20 glads, a box of fiber plus pads, a couple tuways (when you need to be gentle) and about 5 micros with scrub strips.

That will give you all you need to get started, then as you gain experience experimenting with pad combo's you will get a good idea of what you want for future orders,

Remember , tuways basically last forever so once you get those your set, fiber plus are disposable, glads last a good while but do die out, micros last longer then glads but not as long as tuways.

Study my post, once you memorize it you will have achieved a purple belt in pad cleaning. Don't listen to Con, you'll waist your money on all those micro's , there good to have but spend your money on what counts, (glads) follow my advise , or suffer with wasted money and broken dreams.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
thanks Guys very helpful hatsoff

Andy I really like the way you broke down what the different pads are best at. That makes it real easy for me to understand. thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
This is a stellar post.

(09-15-2013, 09:20 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Mardie , sense I like you, I will break it down for you.

1) The micros with scrub strips, give you medium scrub action and medium absorption,

2) the fiber plus give you heavy scrub action and light absorption,

3)tuways give you light scrub and light absorption,

3)the glad pads give you heavy absorption and light scrub action.

The heavy scrubbing ( fiber plus) pads are for dirty carpet that is worn, they would be to aggressive for residential carpet that is in good condition, But should be fine for all commercial glue down, use either as a scrub n run encap or as a pre scrub followed by absorbing pads.

The light scrubbing pads (tuways) are great for residential carpet that needs a gentle touch, can straight encap for light soil, or use as a prescrub followed by absorbing pads.

The micros with scrub strips are a little more aggressive then tuways but not as aggressive as fiber plus, they will give you a good medium mix of scrubbing and absorbing

Glad pads are the king at removing soil (cotton pads are better but not available?) Use the glads when ever you want max soil removal, use a scrubbing pad first on heavy soiled areas follow with glads.

That's a basic run down on the most common pads, I would say get 20 glads, a box of fiber plus pads, a couple tuways (when you need to be gentle) and about 5 micros with scrub strips.

That will give you all you need to get started, then as you gain experience experimenting with pad combo's you will get a good idea of what you want for future orders,

Remember , tuways basically last forever so once you get those your set, fiber plus are disposable, glads last a good while but do die out, micros last longer then glads but not as long as tuways.

Study my post, once you memorize it you will have achieved a purple belt in pad cleaning. Don't listen to Con, you'll waist your money on all those micro's , there good to have but spend your money on what counts, (glads) follow my advise , or suffer with wasted money and broken dreams.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Ya it is a steller post but I am just trying to figure out if Andy was just kidding or not.LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2013, 06:45 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: I would like to know how many pads and what kind of pads I would need to keep a Trinity CM or the New replacement for the Profit going for 10 hrs. non stop on CGD carpet ?
As far as the most absorbent pads go are they as absorbent as a cotton bath towel ?

I agree with Con----and I think he actually runs both machines all the time--hmmmm.......

We have had good results using mf with scrub strips on 3000 sq ft for maintenance cleaning.
My guess for 10 hours on cgd for a maintenance clean where we have cleaned already 2 months ago would be 6 micro pads for each cm (2 CM's)
I would bring extra --15 micros and 8 glads for stains like coffee. 10 hrs each machine 2-3000 sq ft pr hr around cubes. 40,000 sq ft 2 machines refill and breaks, and that is slow ,and no 55 gal refill on cart with electric pump. Slower if job is 7pm to 5am.

The first time out on a commercial carpet I use fiber pads for $7 a piece then use microfibers with scrub strips only on entry ways that need absorbing.

On a maintenance clean on commercial carpet the micro fibers with scrub strips is all I use.
The Trinity and the micro fiber scrubbers out performed my TM on CGD carpet.

Save the glads for problem spots or special coffee stains--they start to get black and then you do not want to bring them into your $10 mil dollar homes with white wool. The micros look the same after many uses until they shred.

The fiber max and revive max can run as long as you want under the trinity and spread your encap into carpet fibers. rated 10,000 sq ft each pad but they will not absorb much after 1500-2000 sq ft. But they do absorb.

Any of the white pads will look bad after a few months and you do not want to bring them into resi jobs--then you will have to use your TM and rx20, or borrow someones.
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mardei strikes me as one who wants to do excellent work, not just get by, If you want the best clean possible then follow my advise, if you want to just get by then listen to Con and this guy. (They are Yellow belts at best.)

If your looking to smear soap around then no reason to spend the money on an OP machine. You can do that with a $500 175 and a green strip pad, Or better yet just use the cimex you already have. Don't waist your money

If you want to remove as much soil and contaminates that is possible to be removed with vlm methods, then get an OP and buy the pads I suggested.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
interesting comment Andy... I am sure you have your perspective... & I have mine.

No offense taken.

Con

I have always preached 'have all the best tools available' OP is just 1 of mine. If you always have the right toy - you can always do the right work... IMO

If money is your only reason for doing it... IMO... do your clients a favor & stay home.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
And this is a funny post!

(09-15-2013, 02:34 PM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Ya it is a steller post but I am just trying to figure out if Andy was just kidding or not.LOL

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
And no offence was intended Con.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No offense to Andy, but I have to agree with Con and Joel. Microfiber with scrub strips are the main "go to" pads for the Trinity machines. I am sure Andy is trying to be helpful, but I'm not sure if he ever owned a Trinity.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No offense taken, But the reason micros are the go to pad for the trinity is cause the early model tore up the glad pads, so micros were brought in as the next best option, NOT because they clean better. As I understand it now they run the glads fine?

Bottom line while some might prefer micros, (and that's fine with me) the glads still remove more dirt, and clean better, no one can argue different unless they are being dishonest.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy is right.

I have done my own side-by-side testing on several occasions and without a doubt Glads and Zorbs pick up more dirt.

Now, could a MF somehow out clean the other pads due to the Trinity? If so, I'd like to hear the science as to why.

(09-15-2013, 09:53 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: No offense taken, But the reason micros are the go to pad for the trinity is cause the early model tore up the glad pads, so micros were brought in as the next best option, NOT because they clean better. As I understand it now they run the glads fine?

Bottom line while some might prefer micros, (and that's fine with me) the glads still remove more dirt, and clean better, no one can argue different unless they are being dishonest.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: