Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GLS Spray System - anyone ever Jimmy-rig the trigger?
i have a feeling nobody has.

the Trio's trigger for the solution system looks similar to the GLS's setup. on the handle in the center. this is not the best design. 1 or 2 handles offset from the center would be much better (for ergonomics.)

has anyone altered theirs in this fashion? or put some type of a bar across the existing handle so that both hands can squeeze the trig? if so can you share with me how you did it? i am going to attempt it this week but wanted to see about other ideas.

thanx!
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
for the sake of future Search'ers, here's what my buddy and i came up with. the bar is aluminum, very hack-saw'able. bent it with a pipe wrench on a garage floor. hopefully Whittaker will update the trigger & the handle someday...

TrioTrigger
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I certainly not happy with the foot peg to turn on the unit! often switch the electrical plug sides on mine so the pump trigger turns on the brushes.

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2013, 09:26 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: I certainly not happy with the foot peg to turn on the unit! often switch the electrical plug sides on mine so the pump trigger turns on the brushes.

Con

Cobb said those "pegs" can break and suddenly the handle wont stay in the upright position. has that happened to you Con? Cobb said he sells a fix for it i guess.

what exactly do you mean you switch the electrical plug sides on mine so the pump trigger turns on the brushes?

thanx!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nice innovation, Derek.

How has the Trio been holding up?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
no I have not broke a foot peg... stripped 1 plastic gear to date if I remember correctly.

In the pic above on my older unit (2005 ish?) just below this point is 2 electrical plug in places 1 for sprayer, one for gears. when I am not using the sprayer for that job, then I find using the pump trigger a whole lot easier to turn on the brush gears than the foot peg.

the foot peg on/off makes the unit go wonky kinda like turning on a 175 for the very first time in your life... the gls jumps & kicks a little before it is as smooth as silk. The first 1.2 seconds however can be a ride using the footpeg....doesnt happen at all using the pump switch however.

hope this makes sense.
Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
hiyas D! i still love the Trio. it isn't made for high pH tho, so boosting with ammonia or a high pH encap booster is out. soft rubber parts break down and are annoying. for now i use the neutral pH encap that came with the machine and i add an ounce or 2 of the 46 Vol H2O2 that i make. for oily/greasy/trashed accounts, i use the Cimex with Planetary Pads and a nuked-up encap cocktail. those carpets are already out of warranty, so no issue there. but so far i am still 100% glad to have both machines Big Grin

(11-13-2013, 02:43 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: In the pic above on my older unit (2005 ish?) just below this point is 2 electrical plug in places 1 for sprayer, one for gears. when I am not using the sprayer for that job, then I find using the pump trigger a whole lot easier to turn on the brush gears than the foot peg.

i think my Trio has both those same plug-in areas Con. but each plug-in is vastly different. the sol pump looks to be low voltage and the other plug-in is of course "normal" voltage.

do you mean both of yours are the same voltage so that they can be interchanged / interplugged-in?? if so, the Trio can not do that Undecided

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
yes, mine are interchangable

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-13-2013, 12:26 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: yes, mine are interchangable

Con
dang, that would be sweet!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
cant believe the foot peg in the first place!

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The hardest thing about being self employed in the carpet cleaning industry is the lack of quality engineering and to many pole barn fabricator's. Jmo......if I didn't have to deal with equipment issues the rest would be a breeze..
Reply }}
Thanks given by: