Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dirt Axe
One of my best testers, a 35 year veteran, just got back to me today with the following pictures and the comment "Incredible!".

The carpet was a Nasty Berber. The prespray was 4 oz per gallon of our new proposed product "Dirt Axe" which we hope to release sometime in January. All of my own testing of this product has blown me away.

It will be our most effective carpet cleaning product to date. It will even edge out Intensity RED. However; it will have a very low scent which is similar to Encap GREEN.

The price has not been set yet, but it will not only be our best cleaning encap; it will also be our least expensive one! Better cleaning and less expensive is hard to beat. Hands up Laughing

We expect, in time, it will make Intensity RED obsolete since it will out clean it and be less expensive! We will continue to sell Intensity RED because we have a lot of folks that buy it and it will take a bit of time for them to see that Dirt Axe cleans better, smells better and is less expensive.

Needless to say, we are very excited about this new product! happy

It will simply be a bargain for both HWE and VLM. However, it will have low foam and might not be cherished by Cimex users since many of them like to see a lot of foam to indicate how much they are applying with the Cimex's gravity feed system.

[Image: e1.jpg]

[Image: e2.jpg]

[Image: DirtAxe.jpg]
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What is awesome to here about this product is that it cleans better than everything but will also be cheaper. I am glad that Steve cares about his customers unlike other manufactures who make more expensive chems with higher dilutions Steve makes a product that works better and saves us money.
Awesome!
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yup Yup Yup life just keeps getting better.happy

Thanks Steve
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Looks great.

So this can be used as a rinse?

Also, the PH is 9 - is this a wool safe product?

Any idea on the price point yet?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
looks great!

look forward to trying it
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Wow, really looks great. I think it will sell like crazy. Let us know when it comes on the market. Steve, thanks for being the way your are.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 04:10 PM)Steve Smith Wrote: One of my best testers, a 35 year veteran, just got back to me today with the following pictures and the comment "Incredible!".

The carpet was a Nasty Berber. The prespray was 4 oz per gallon of our new proposed product "Dirt Axe" which we hope to release sometime in January. All of my own testing of this product has blown me away.

It will be our most effective carpet cleaning product to date. It will even edge out Intensity RED. However; it will have a very low scent which is similar to Encap GREEN.

The price has not been set yet, but it will not only be our best cleaning encap; it will also be our least expensive one! Better cleaning and less expensive is hard to beat. Hands up Laughing

We expect, in time, it will make Intensity RED obsolete since it will out clean it and be less expensive! We will continue to sell Intensity RED because we have a lot of folks that buy it and it will take a bit of time for them to see that Dirt Axe cleans better, smells better and is less expensive.

Needless to say, we are very excited about this new product! happy

It will simply be a bargain for both HWE and VLM. However, it will have low foam and might not be cherished by Cimex users since many of them like to see a lot of foam to indicate how much they are applying with the Cimex's gravity feed system.

[Image: e1.jpg]

[Image: e2.jpg]

[Image: DirtAxe.jpg]

Does it deodorize as well as I red ?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 10:17 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Looks great.

So this can be used as a rinse? Yes, as stated on the posted label.

Also, the PH is 9 - is this a wool safe product? Wools of New Zealand say to not go over 8.5 pH. What is actually done in the real world is quite different though... Ask them in Australia.Wink We will be recommending it for synthetic carpet only which we will base on Wools of New Zealand's recommendations.

Any idea on the price point yet? Yes, I have an idea, but not an exact price, but as I stated it will be our lowest priced encap. Once we have an exact price I will post it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 09:04 AM)bigchuckie Wrote: Does it deodorize as well as I red ?

No, that is the only quality of Intensity Red that will be superior; however you can add Detonator to it make it deodorize quite well.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
sounds like a great product Steve, thanks for keeping the price down! Big Grin

i know i'm not alone when i say that i want only the BEST encap on the market when i am cleaning. i really look forward to trying this one!! my Cimex doesn't need foam at all.

is this a crystallizer or film-former?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It is a film former, but I can make a 2nd version of it into a crystallizer if I want to. The crystallizer would cost a bit more and the cleaning performance would probably take a slight hit, but not much!

Here are two more pix that he sent me of HWE jobs he did earlier this morning... His comments were, "The diff. is simply amazing. Notice how the color just poped. Four ounces per gallon. No booster of any kind."

[Image: e3.jpg]

[Image: e4.jpg]

He hopes to have me some OP pix tomorrow.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Can I buy a gallon right now? PLLLLLLEAAAAASE! Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 10:34 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: Also, the PH is 9 - is this a wool safe product? Wools of New Zealand say to not go over 8.5 pH. What is actually done in the real world is quite different though... Ask them in Australia.Wink We will be recommending it for synthetic carpet only which we will base on Wools of New Zealand's recommendations.

I would agree with that.

Also, I do not need to see a lot of foam when VLM'ing, one should see the carpet go slightly darker with each pass.

When will PowerClean Australia be getting some Steve ??

Short 1

(Honourary member of Woolsafe Australia)
(Previous member of WONZ)

Angelhatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 04:01 PM)Shortydownunder Wrote: Short 1

I am not sure Shorty... it will be available to them, but it is up to them what products they want to carry.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Steve is there an advantage to a crystalizing encap vs film forming.
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sorry, triple post....meant to reply to the deo question.
Smart Scent would be an option, no?

(12-12-2013, 10:37 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 09:04 AM)bigchuckie Wrote: Does it deodorize as well as I red ?

No, that is the only quality of Intensity Red that will be superior; however you can add Detonator to it make it deodorize quite well.

Sent from my LG-P659 using Tapatalk
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 10:55 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Sorry, triple post....meant to reply to the deo question.
Smart Scent would be an option, no?

Smart scents is NOT a product that REMOVES odor. It is a mal-odor counteractant. See this previous post: Smart Scents Post
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 09:15 PM)AndyKramer20 Wrote: Steve is there an advantage to a crystalizing encap vs film forming.

Yes, in general, the advantage being that a crystallizer contains excess polymer. Excess polymer will help greatly in removing sticky residue from things like soda spills, previously applied soapy products, syrup, etc. A good film former can also help with this, but not nearly as much because it does not contain as much polymer to mix with the sticky residue.

Con... I accidentally deleted your post about a film former. Sorry!!!! Oops But, I think the following answers your question about a film former. A good film former will also vacuum away, so there is no reason to be concerned about leaving a film on the carpet.

The film is a good thing, because it insures that the product will not leave a sticky residue of its own. The film from a good film former does not dull the appearance, which is probably what you were concerned with. The film will vacuum away, but not quite as quickly as with a crystallizer due to it containing less brittle drying polymer.

There is one *&#$@% seller of film forming products that claims that crystallizers are a HOAX. Rolleyes He is either lying because he does not have any crystallizing products and just can't get his to crystallize or he just flat does NOT UNDERSTAND how effective excess polymer can be in removing sticky substances from previously applied products, sugary substances such as soda spills, soapy crap applied by a home owner, etc.

One disadvantage of a crystallizer is the fact that it usually cost more to make and thus sells for more money.

One can also manufacture what I call "Border Line" encap products. A "border line" product would be one that falls right between a film former and a crystallizer.

In other words it actually forms a film, but is very, very close to becoming a crystallizer... to become a crystallizer just a little bit more brittle drying polymer would need to be added to make it into one.

Dirt Axe is actually such a product... it forms a film, but if we add just a little more polymer it will dry very brittle and become a crystallizer. We could actually remove some of the polymer from the current formula and make it even cheaper and it would still form a film. But we have elected to make it on the border line and use more polymer than is actually required to make it form a film. Dirt Axe will be a very high quality film forming encap.

I hope this isn't too confusing... I am not great at explaining things with the written word! I'm sorry for being so long winded and boring!.

Oh, one last thing. I am STRONGLY of the opinion that if you do straight encap, such as done with a cimex or CRB, you should use a crystallizer. The excess polymer will help greatly in removing sticky residue without the aid of extraction or an obsorbent pad. A film former is best used with HWE or VLM using an obsorbent pad/bonnet.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Fantastic Post Steve!
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Agreed. Thanks Steve. That clears a lot of things up!

How will cleaning ability of this product compare to the new Encap Green? I know that's not exactly comparing apples to apples. But say for a guy using absorbent pads in a residential setting, which would be preferable?
Reply }}
Thanks given by: