Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Agree with Phil Robertson!
I'll say it again, I agree with Phil Robertson!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Who is Phil ?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2013, 08:35 AM)Jeff Brown Wrote: I'll say it again, I agree with Phil Robertson!

Me too.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If the family has a lot of conviction then they might just walk away from the show. They could do the same program streaming and probably make more money.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shameless Radical Jeff...

clap
Coby Gibson
formerly: http://www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I agree with the right to free speech, even if I do not agree with what the person say's, it (I believe), is still their right to state what they think.

Over the years I have said many things that many did not agree with, and copped a few complaints because of that.

But I have always listened to what the other person (that did not agree with me), had to say.

The world will never be perfect, not everyone is going to agree with everyone.

I do believe it was pure revenge to fire Phil over his remarks.

I'm not an overly religious person, But I do believe that I know right from wrong and what he said was right:

Robertson admitted that he too has committed sexual sins and offered advice to the group at White’s Ferry Road Church.

“So what is your safest course of action?” he asked. “If you’re a man, find yourself a woman, marry them and keep your sex right there. … You can have fun, but one thing is for sure, as long as you are both healthy in the first place, you are not going to catch some debilitating illness. There is safety there.”

He continued, “Commonsense says we are not going to procreate the human race unless we have a man and a woman. From the beginning Jesus said, ‘It is a man and a woman.’ Adam was made and Eve was made for this reason.”

The “Duck Dynasty” patriarch added that throughout the human race, “the sins have always been the same.”

“We get high, we get drunk, we get laid, we steal and kill,” he said. “I am just reading what was written over 2,000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didn’t know it. … The sins are the same, humans haven’t changed.”

In another country, at another time, I may have been called by the name of Phil Robertson, as we both seem to have led very similar paths, except unlike Phil, I haven't killed, nor joined the "Jesus set", as he puts it.

Angelhatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It's a sad state when haveing the morally correct view makes you a radical.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Jeff,

Easier to see the light when it is dark? (NO, absolutely not saying contrary to Roman's 6:1 and it doesn't apply in this case).

Becoming a "follower" of the light here in "the west" sure seems to produce a different fruit than in some other places in the world... say perhaps Iraq? China? Syria? Pakistan? Etc? Etc?

And yes, I do believe the company has the right to 'squelch' his freedom of speech; just not the government. Actually probably a better? wake up call to have it done by a company that freely espouses the 'dark side' point of view without censorship?

Who knows? I'm so cynical about the divide and conquer philosophy used by all seekers of marketing advantage, power and control that it is hard for me not to think this is a nothing but a marketing ploy to gain greater market share by A&E... The thing that stops that is what I've seen of Phil... only since this thing blew up. Doesn't seem to be his 'nature' to participate in something like that :-).

You said "It's a sad state when having the morally correct view makes you a radical". REALLY? Exactly when has it been different? Seems the 'religious' folks about two thousand years ago were the ones that convinced the secular leaders of the day to torture/kill a pretty important moral example/character of that day.... Wasn't even a mean 'ole corporation.... Somehow though, I imagine that you already knew this...
Coby Gibson
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Coby, I hope you didn't think I was directing what I said to you as if I was upset you called me a shamless radical, I knew you were kidding around and I don't mind being called a radical if it means going against the main stream views of today.

And I agree with you on everything you said, Jesus and the deciples were considered radicals, but his country was founded on Christian principals and what Phil said was not a radical view not too many years ago.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Just remember we are hated because they hated Him first...
John "PadMan" Geurkink
Trinity Renewal Systems
The Grandfather of OP
Encap Carpet Cleaning Machines
I was OP when OP wasn't cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sorry I obviously missed a reply… Absolutely no problem with me Jeff! Never even thought to consider that… definitely, definitely with tongue firmly implanted into cheek

Sent from my iPhone
Coby Gibson
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by: