Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your Best Marketing Tip?
Come On jump in with a Good Marketing Tip.

I will start it off with

Build an Email List of customers and potential customers.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Man I wish I could most of my old timer
customers do not have computers. LOL
They tell me they hate them. I guess I
need to do the post card or send-a-card
system.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:

In order:

BNI

Networking events at my local Chamber

Building relationships with Realtors

Spotter Bottles

Finding a specific niche to be the 'expert' in at all of the above.

Mine is 'saving nasty carpet'
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The Best decision I ever made was to set aside a certain section of a certain day to do the marketing. I use Mondays and get my calls done and my flyers passed out etc. etc. etc.

Back when I tried to fit it in where it would fit "IT" never got done.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've gotten so many jobs just by handing out my business cards every where I go. Place them on a table at a restaurant , put them on a drive thru bank by the tube slot, on the neighborhood ace hardware bulletin board, car washes etc.

I give everybody a spotter bottle even close friends or neighbors.

Because one person knows another so it's all about relationship marketing.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Because one person knows another so it's all about relationship marketing.
I find that most people are attracted to my marvelous personality and want to do business with me just cause of it. Tongue

Mine your data base, those are customers that have used you and know what you can do.

Stay in contact with them, don't allow them to forget about you.

Let them know you appreciate their business.

Ask for more...at the appropriate time, and more of "is there anything else I can do to be of help to you?".
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Do your cleaning amazingly well - no short cuts!

People long remember a lousy job more than how much they wrote the cheque for after.

Con - yes Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic work is marketing repeat clients! that brag!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Big Grin Go to zillow.com . Type in an address from high end neighborhood. You will see a satelite pic of the house.house value,size of house & addresses of other houses on that street.Now scroll down the page. There is an area listed as bird eye view.Click on this it will give you a closer view of the address.But the best part you are able to see other houses on that same street listing& their addresses.I would send post cards of your services to all the high end clients you see on the street.You have the ability to contact homeowners of $500,000 -$1,000,000 & above .I have been able to get $400 jobs & above this way!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2011, 05:28 AM)revive1 Wrote: Big Grin Go to zillow.com . Type in an address from high end neighborhood. You will see a satelite pic of the house.house value,size of house & addresses of other houses on that street.Now scroll down the page. There is an area listed as bird eye view.Click on this it will give you a closer view of the address.But the best part you are able to see other houses on that same street listing& their addresses.I would send post cards of your services to all the high end clients you see on the street.You have the ability to contact homeowners of $500,000 -$1,000,000 & above .I have been able to get $400 jobs & above this way!!

Excellent idea Ken.hatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Do your cleaning amazingly well - no short cuts!
You're right, that's that main thing!

However don't put all your eggs in one basket, while 60% will chose you by the work you perform, that still leaves 40% of the customers that will chose a cleaner based on the experience.

Theoretically I could do less of a job but dazzle them with my amazing personality and take them from you. Tongue

Just givin it to ya Con, I know you must be delivering the experience too!
LOL

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I disagree. All other things equal, marketing is far more important than quality work. Certainly there is a point at which poor quality work will kill a business, but conversely, there is a point at which high quality work can price you out of business, just as easily. You have to be careful to balance the two, price vs quality, very carefully if you want to be profitable.

Quality for the sake of your reputation is important, but quality for the sake of customer retention, or referrals, is overated. If you don't stay in contact with your customers, if you don't constantly remind who you are, they will forget you.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Quality for the sake of your reputation is important, but quality for the sake of customer retention, or referrals, is overated. If you don't stay in contact with your customers, if you don't constantly remind who you are, they will forget you.
I agree Marty, that's why we see Chemdry & Stanley Steamer franchises do so well. They're not the best cleaners, but their marketing sells.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2011, 04:43 PM)Richardc Wrote:
Quote:Quality for the sake of your reputation is important, but quality for the sake of customer retention, or referrals, is overated. If you don't stay in contact with your customers, if you don't constantly remind who you are, they will forget you.
I agree Marty, that's why we see Chemdry & Stanley Steamer franchises do so well. They're not the best cleaners, but their marketing sells.

Bingo!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately this is where we need to step our game up. For decades we've focused on being technically proficient, with the thought that a great job was the golden ticket.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Best marketing I ever did was hide my ugly mug and talked my wife into going to the BNI meetings and other networking and sales meetings.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:Best marketing I ever did was hide my ugly mug and talked my wife into going to the BNI meetings and other networking and sales meetings.
Hear that Marty, something to consider! Tongue

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
One can only be so good as a cleaner...and the next guy might be just as good...and being that good only takes a little experience...

But one can always learn to market better.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
better? You bet!

Our lives changes dramatically by 1) getting & UNDERSTANDING emotional marketing via pdqpostcards/com - Wayne Miller 2) SFS via Jon-don.com

we doubled our gross in 17 months & if I really wanted to be a big co, I think I could double again in 24 months... dont think I really want that though... I am a better marketer than manager.

You can grow - easily - with major commitment of course in terms of resources and energy - just be sure that you are ready for the consequences of that growth as well.

Con
Remember that every biz must have legs attached to your foundation and the weight must be distributed evenly in order to grow successfully.
Performance
Marketing
Management
Investment ($ and personal /family)
their may be other legs as well.[/align]
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2011, 04:12 PM)Pigchip Wrote: I disagree. All other things equal, marketing is far more important than quality work. Certainly there is a point at which poor quality work will kill a business, but conversely, there is a point at which high quality work can price you out of business, just as easily. You have to be careful to balance the two, price vs quality, very carefully if you want to be profitable.

Quality for the sake of your reputation is important, but quality for the sake of customer retention, or referrals, is overated. If you don't stay in contact with your customers, if you don't constantly remind who you are, they will forget you.

Great post Pigchip, I didn't think you had it in you. I thought the only thing you knew how to do was HiJack a post.......

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2011, 05:28 AM)revive1 Wrote: Big Grin Go to zillow.com . Type in an address from high end neighborhood. You will see a satelite pic of the house.house value,size of house & addresses of other houses on that street.Now scroll down the page. There is an area listed as bird eye view.Click on this it will give you a closer view of the address.But the best part you are able to see other houses on that same street listing& their addresses.I would send post cards of your services to all the high end clients you see on the street.You have the ability to contact homeowners of $500,000 -$1,000,000 & above .I have been able to get $400 jobs & above this way!!

In many areas you can use the county tax records and get the name and address of the taxpayer. This is a great idea.

This method combined with Wayne's Postcards and persistance will rule a neighborhood. 10 contacts, one mailing every two months should get you plenty of work in the neighborhood.

If Standard postcard mailing to non customers is considered a Shotgun approach. This is the 220 hornet approach. Sting the potential with great post cards over and over and you will get a chance to strut your stuff.
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by: