Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VLM Monster....
There is a gentlemen in San Francisco that looks to be doing great things with low moisture.

I guess this impresses me most because he has 90 Yelp reviews, virtually all of which are outstanding, using VLM and a square scrub.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/red-rugs-...5rMGK036nw
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
wow Square scrub! I don't think I would have used that. What do you guys think?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
That's not a square scrub brand machine it's an orbitec, also it looks like he is using orbitec cotton square pads, so it's no wonder he's getting great reviews.

I started out pad cleaning with one of the orbitec square machines, they have a fixed orbit, does a good job of cleaning but moves slower.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We use to have an Argo Square OP machine that we used on stairs. It did a pretty good job, but was slower than molasses in January... way too slow for my tastes.Smile
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty good some Blend & Mend would make it look great

Also that is from year 2011
2 CRB, 175 Windsor, Kirby,Cyclo, 2 Airpaths, Penguin Sprayer, Cimex, 2 Pepsi Sprayers
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think I'm most impressed with the fact that he has 90 plus Yelp reviews. This is no small feat.

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
you mean this machine? lol
Only thing its still good for is edging VCT, allot faster then by hand.
picked it up for $70

Dustin

http://www.CleanTechCleaners.com
http://www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 11:56 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I think I'm most impressed with the fact that he has 90 plus Yelp reviews. This is no small feat.

he is obviously a good salesman and focusing heavily on yelp. even his filtered reviews are 4/5 star! good for him! he is winning over clients and must be encouraging them to use yelp.. my problem is most of my clients don't even know what yelp is! I would love to know what this guy is doing to get the yelp reviews!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
maybe offering a nice discount for a yelp review
Dustin

http://www.CleanTechCleaners.com
http://www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-19-2014, 07:13 PM)Ryankettering Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 11:56 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I think I'm most impressed with the fact that he has 90 plus Yelp reviews. This is no small feat.

he is obviously a good salesman and focusing heavily on yelp. even his filtered reviews are 4/5 star! good for him! he is winning over clients and must be encouraging them to use yelp.. my problem is most of my clients don't even know what yelp is! I would love to know what this guy is doing to get the yelp reviews!
Yelp? Isnt that what dogs do when you step on their tails?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigchuckie's post:
  • Ryankettering
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
He's in San Francisco, same city where Yelp is headquartered. Just like Craigslist.

He's getting a lot of Yelp reviews because the site is so popular in that locale. I doubt he's giving an incentive to write a review. H doesn't have to. If you look at the reviewer profiles most have written dozens, if not hundreds, of reviews.

I think his angle is affordable pricing in addition to the benefits of VLM.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-19-2014, 09:42 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: He's in San Francisco, same city where Yelp is headquartered. Just like Craigslist.

He's getting a lot of Yelp reviews because the site is so popular in that locale. I doubt he's giving an incentive to write a review. H doesn't have to. If you look at the reviewer profiles most have written dozens, if not hundreds, of reviews.

I think his angle is affordable pricing in addition to the benefits of VLM.

Good points. Yeah yelp isn't quite as big here especially for the demographic I market to.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If yelp is so big over there he is probably telling the clients to yelp his business with a review yelp card or doing a discount on the yelp review with customers.

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I doubt it.

Look at the people leaving reviews. Most of these people have dozens upon dozens. Many have hundreds of reviews. These people most likely, if not certainly, found him via Yelp.

Writing reviews for these people comes second nature.

It's also worth noting that the guy doesn't have a website - or at least none that I could find.

(03-24-2014, 11:17 PM)Black2WhiteCarpetCleaning Wrote: If yelp is so big over there he is probably telling the clients to yelp his business with a review yelp card or doing a discount on the yelp review with customers.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No website well he could just be using yelp has a base for business and craigslist.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
So his website is yelp and ads

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If his customers are happy, I am happy for him. I am glad it's working for him. 😀

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Correct.

But I'd be shocked if he's using CL. The Yelp presence in that area is huge. Also, Yelp piggy backs big on Google.

I suspect he's doing very well.

(03-25-2014, 12:04 AM)Black2WhiteCarpetCleaning Wrote: No website well he could just be using yelp has a base for business and craigslist.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
True

[-] The following 1 user Likes Black2WhiteCarpetCleaning's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Anyone think this would work as a good VLM carpet machine
from powerflite.
http://www.powr-flite.com/product/orbita...orb1420.do?

Was on their website the other day and saw it and started to think, why not? its an orbital, just has a square bottom instead or round. It would be better for corners and edges. wouldn't ya think    
Reply }}
Thanks given by: