Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film former vs crystallizer
I made a short video for anyone having difficulty understanding the basic difference between a film forming encap and a crystallzing one.

The video shows the BASIC difference. All other things being equal, other differences will be:
  1. The film former will have more cleaning power because the additional polymer adds very little to the cleaning pie.
  2. The crystallizer will release easier and the additional polymer will make it more effective at removing sticky residue... less chance of rapid resoil problems.
  3. The crystallizer will sell higher due to the higher cost to manufacture.
It really is that simple... nothing else complicated about it.

Hope this helps...

[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve Smith's post:
  • Barry-QDCC, curtis, Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
great info, thanks Steve.

the only thing i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around, is mixing both a FF'er (GreaseHawg) with a Crystallizer (Hot Knife X-treme)

this can be done without issue and has benefits, is that correct?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 10:14 AM)Derek Wrote: great info, thanks Steve.

the only thing i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around, is mixing both a FF'er (GreaseHawg) with a Crystallizer (Hot Knife X-treme)

Yes, when you mix the two, you will end up somewhere in between. Depends on how much of each you mix of each how it ends up. Don't over think it. It is not complicated... I swear it really is that simple.

Think Coke and Whisky. If you mix lots of coke, it will not taste so much like whisky... if you mix lots of whisky, it will not taste as much as coke. Don't over think it. I swear it really is that simple.

Did I mention that it is simple??? If I forgot, then let me say it again. It really is simple and uncomplicated. Don't over think it.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve Smith's post:
  • cleantech, Coby, timhall
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2014, 11:03 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 10:14 AM)Derek Wrote: great info, thanks Steve.

Yes, when you mix the two, you will end up somewhere in between. Depends on how much of each you mix of each how it ends up. Don't over think it. It is not complicated... I swear it really is that simple.

Think Coke and Whisky. If you mix lots of coke, it will not taste so much like whisky... if you mix lots of whisky, it will not taste as much as coke. Don't over think it. I swear it really is that simple.

Did I mention that it is simple??? If I forgot, then let me say it again. It really is simple and uncomplicated. Don't over think it.

After three drinks all you can do is smileclap
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
glad i posted this question! it's all i use for all my CGD for the last 6-8 months...equal amounts of Hot Knife X-treme and GH mixed together Beer
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: