Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pads for Trinity
Star 
I've never used an OP before but I bought a Grumpy and it's being shipped tomorrow. they're out of Glads right now and I was wondering what pads you Trinity owners would recommend for residential until the Glads come in? I did get some MF's so I can use those on CGD. I know I can use them on residential as well I'm just wondering if they'll remove enough soil? Thanks for your help.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What I do a lot for residential is just use micro fiber. First do your room to scrub in chems with micro fiber then take a clean dry micro fiber and go over the room again with no spray being used. I flip the dry one as soon as it gets wet that way you know it is clean and it will help dry carpet faster.

I am by no means a pad expert but it seems to work for me and I rarely use my glads like I used to. Some carpets the glads are a better way to finish the job.

The most important thing you can do is Vacuum vacuum real slow. I take more time vacuuming than I do running the Rock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mardie VanBree's post:
  • Bone Dry Carpet
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mardie! Is the first MF you use damp, dry, sprayed with RTU, or something else?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
hiyas saab Big Grin how are you liking your Trio?

you bought another toy huh? nice! that Grumpy looks sweet. let us know how you like it. will you be using it in place of the Trio on CGD or on resi only?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2014, 06:59 PM)Derek Wrote: hiyas saab Big Grin how are you liking your Trio?

you bought another toy huh? nice! that Grumpy looks sweet. let us know how you like it. will you be using it in place of the Trio on CGD or on resi only?
Hi Derek, I'll be using it on residential and as an addition to the Trio on CGD. So far I've been really impressed with the Trio and more importantly my customers have been. I make sure I'm careful when pulling the pump trigger because of your experience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes saabtrash's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2014, 06:47 PM)saabtrash Wrote: Thanks Mardie! Is the first MF you use damp, dry, sprayed with RTU, or something else?

For the first one I throw it on the ground dry in front of the machine and give it a light spray then flip it back over set the machine on and go.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mardie, I really appreciate the help!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
saab, I rarely use glads with my trins in res or anywhere else for that matter. When I need extra dirt removal - I dig them out. Maybe 1 -2 x a month... MFs on just about everything for everything here.

I spray damp & run it, then often dry pass dry pad as well - that also depends how much dirt I am trying to get out too however.

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Con Schultz's post:
  • Harold B
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Fwiw, I've been ruining the Challenger pads every single day using the Freedom!

Glads hold up better imo. MF with scrub strips would be my go to.
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2014, 04:35 PM)saabtrash Wrote: I've never used an OP before but I bought a Grumpy and it's being shipped tomorrow. they're out of Glads right now and I was wondering what pads you Trinity owners would recommend for residential until the Glads come in? I did get some MF's so I can use those on CGD. I know I can use them on residential as well I'm just wondering if they'll remove enough soil? Thanks for your help.

You've never used an OP before and bought the most expensive one around?

I've got some pads I'll sell you for $75 each. Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-26-2014, 01:15 AM)REALCLEAN Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 04:35 PM)saabtrash Wrote: I've never used an OP before but I bought a Grumpy and it's being shipped tomorrow. they're out of Glads right now and I was wondering what pads you Trinity owners would recommend for residential until the Glads come in? I did get some MF's so I can use those on CGD. I know I can use them on residential as well I'm just wondering if they'll remove enough soil? Thanks for your help.

You've never used an OP before and bought the most expensive one around?

I've got some pads I'll sell you for $75 each. Big Grin

I did the same thing when I bought my first Rock last October and I never even seen an OP machine before I got mine of the back of the truck. I did my research and went with my gut feelings. Now I have 2 Rocks.

BTW the guys on this board were very helpful for me to make my decision. The Rocks have surpassed all my expectation for what I thought I was getting.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help everybody, I really appreciate it!

Realclean I didn't buy the most expensive one I invested in the best one. In a previous business that I owned I had equipment that cost $35,000 - $150,000 so $5,000 for a machine that has the potential ROI the Grumpy has is a smart business decision.happy
[-] The following 4 users Like saabtrash's post:
  • Coby, Con Schultz, Derek, Paul Demers
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-26-2014, 06:45 AM)saabtrash Wrote: Thanks for the help everybody, I really appreciate it!

Realclean I didn't buy the most expensive one I invested in the best one. In a previous business that I owned I had equipment that cost $35,000 - $150,000 so $5,000 for a machine that has the potential ROI the Grumpy has is a smart business decision.happy

Just reading the specs it looks to be a solid machine. I've never used one of his machines before but I'd like to. Maybe I could rationalize the cost if I tried one. If I can find a good deal on a Freedom I'll pick one up.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i like how you think saab, buy the "best" from the get-go (if you can afford it) is smart! and while the Trio didnt work out well for me, i am VERY glad it is for you! that was an expensive lesson for me, but sometimes no way to know if a person is injury prone or if a machine is designed un-ergonomically until you try Undecided

Hijacked

now that my Trigger Finger injury is 90% better, i should use the Trio on occasion...the trigger sprayer "switch" that i jimmy-rigged is much easier on the fingers! i pm'ed you with other questions so as not to hijack your thread any further lol I'm sorry

to get back on topic: so the Trin / Grumpy works best with MF's? how many uses does one get from a MF before it needs replacement?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-26-2014, 10:04 AM)Derek Wrote: i like how you think saab, buy the "best" from the get-go (if you can afford it) is smart! and while the Trio didnt work out well for me, i am VERY glad it is for you! that was an expensive lesson for me, but sometimes no way to know if a person is injury prone or if a machine is designed un-ergonomically until you try Undecided

Hijacked

now that my Trigger Finger injury is 90% better, i should use the Trio on occasion...the trigger sprayer "switch" that i jimmy-rigged is much easier on the fingers! i pm'ed you with other questions so as not to hijack your thread any further lol I'm sorry

to get back on topic: so the Trin / Grumpy works best with MF's? how many uses does one get from a MF before it needs replacement?
I have the Trin Sprit smaller pad but higher head weight only used on
residential so far but the MFs {3} have lasted for several job. Approx 8 months .This is probably not a fair statement because I am simi retired and don't work several jobs a day like most. I have other types
of pads but use the Mfs nearly always.
OP crb HWE Orick orbital ophand buffer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
you're schedule sounds like mine Harold Big Grin tx for the reply.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Usually 98% Direct Mop Sales grey microfibers with blue scrub strips.

I use them until the are full of holes/ugly and all the stuffing is gone.... BUT don't really hesitate if I need/feel to change them... I tried to figure the cost per square foot, but only know that it has been less than .0016 cents per square foot on the batches I have received: some are a year old with 4-5 times/week use. Some seem to last a lot longer than others; not consistent.

I order them as I can 25 at a time. Currently have about 17 only in stock.

Nearly everyday we use a few Glads as well following microfibers if needed to test for soil/help dry and like those as well.... Could live without, but like the option/convenience. Glads are best for extraction of soils... like pad cleaning: at least easier to see soiling.

The particular microfiber that I referenced can be used for about anything including ab/adsorption of soils/water. Water removal/drying at least seems more effective with Glads. Newer microfibers with stuffing left work best for that if only have them handy.

What REALLY makes it different is how much more effective the Grumpy/Freedom, etc models use encapsulates. Trinity is first an encap machine and can be more of an OP machine by changing pads more often.
Coby Gibson
formerly: www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info Coby!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Ya, nice post Coby.

Very informative. Thanks
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care